Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Help

[Ch...]

Members will typically notice increased symptoms around day 3 and your dose is high enough that I wouldn’t expect you to feel the way you’re feeling. I suspect your symptoms are from the anxiety you’ve been feeling about reducing. The best thing you can do is distract and push on through and take satisfaction in making the decision to do this, you’ve taken the first step towards recovery. 

@[Ch...] If you were in recovery (off benzo’s) you might think of avoiding them in surgeries, but you are still dosing, so it’s okay. 

I have been given epinephrine in several dental visits during tapering and it posed no problem. 

Please don’t panic… it’s all okay, just go through with the surgery. 

I just started taper yesterday and I did not sleep in major anxiety electric shock in my head and all over body. I have to stay functional 

@[Ch...]Cipro, Levaquin are quinolones and contraindicated (as are some others I'm sure)....also I had a horrible reaction to Flagyl that got me hooked on benzos in the first place. It's not a Quinolone but it can be nasty. Any antibiotic can cause a problem, but those are worse.

On 21/10/2023 at 22:13, [[A...] said:

Chantal,

Here is a screenshot of the post @[Wi...] wrote to you. What device do you use to post to the site?

image.thumb.png.97fc851dae6ecf46f70b7bf7940a4108.png

How do you know the mg that you are taking by doing that. I am confused with the math. Again does not always weight the same when on different places on the scale. 

@[Ch...] Make sure you don't have an A/C on, make sure there are no fans, and keep it away from drafty areas. And don't put it on a bouncy table. My wife did mine on a tile floor until we got an expensive one that is more accurate.

I can’t afford an expensive one. Plus I noticed that I put all my doses in salt little box and I have to take a shaved one with a full one. I am messing up this whole thing correct. I have to travel today and I don’t have time to redo or waste the medication. I slept but woke up in sweat. I have to work. 

I am going out of town. I had difficulty getting my doses. I put a full pill and a shaved pills in sane pill container and I wil take 1 full and 2 shaved. The weight was not always the same. Am I going to mess this up and crash?  I am getting into a stressful situation at work this week.  Not looking forward to it. I slept last night. 

1 hour ago, [[C...] said:

I am going out of town. I had difficulty getting my doses. I put a full pill and a shaved pills in sane pill container and I wil take 1 full and 2 shaved. The weight was not always the same. Am I going to mess this up and crash?  I am getting into a stressful situation at work this week.  Not looking forward to it. I slept last night. 

I think you’ll be okay, your dose is so high that at this point you can get away with less than perfect doses. 

I don’t see why you can’t perform your duties, you’ve been taking care of business the whole time you’ve been in tolerance, but you’ve taken control now and you’re working on improving your situation.  I worked all but the first three weeks of my recovery after my cold turkey because I had no choice, just like you.  

2 hours ago, [[C...] said:

I can’t even take 3 weeks. My work involves making decisions with people. 

You won’t need to take 3 weeks like I did because you’re going to do a slow, controlled taper, I quit cold turkey, thats why I was non-functional for 3 weeks. 

I am so scared @[Pa...]  What is going to me when I can’t perform my duties. 
I see horrible stories everywhere no one can work or on disability. I am crying and I does see any way out for me. I see myself under a bridge. My family is in Canada. I am alone. @[Pa...]

I don't think I read anywhere that @[Ch...] has given up. I read that she is scared and feels hopeless which we all are when in the thick of it. I think that assessment of her is not fair or accurate. 

@[mi...]

I think Pam is just showing a little tough love. Pam is one of the most helpful, knowledgeable, and compassionate ppl I have ever encountered on any Internet forum I have ever participated in. At some point, you have to make a decision, stick with it, and struggle to get off this stuff with the help and support of your benzobuddies if that is your goal.

My personal opinion is if Chantel remains undecided and stays on the Klonopin and gets much sicker than she already is, tolerance w/d is going to cause her to lose her job and medical insurance like what happened to me back in 2008 (my situation was however a lot better because I had over 25 service years in). At a certain point in tolerance w/d from benzos, you will be unable to work and barely able to just function on a day-to-day basis. I fought like hell to hold onto my job in 2008 but the tolerance w/d coupled with the stress of performing my daily job duties made it impossible for me to work. If she remains frozen with fear and undecided, the Klonopin will at some point decide for her as she becomes more tolerant.

There are some ppl (long-term users) who are better off remaining on benzos for life but these ppl typically are not tolerant and sick while still taking the drug. They are simply addicted but feel fine as long as they continue to take the drug as prescribed.

I agree, I've been talking to her on the side quite a bit, but I think that fear to make a decision (being stuck) is not the same thing as giving up. She's paralyzed with fear, I have been too at times and still am at times. Pamster is awesome, I just think that based on my extensive conversations with Chantal that giving up was a fair assessment of her state, that's all. She is frozen, stuck.

16 minutes ago, [[m...] said:

I agree, I've been talking to her on the side quite a bit, but I think that fear to make a decision (being stuck) is not the same thing as giving up. She's paralyzed with fear, I have been too at times and still am at times. Pamster is awesome, I just think that based on my extensive conversations with Chantal that giving up was a fair assessment of her state, that's all. She is frozen, stuck.

I agree! 👍I hope we can all help Chantal. I know she is scared and sick and I can definitely empathize.

Hope you are having a good Wednesday friend!

• Like 1