Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Help

[Ch...]

@[Ch...] I had cataract surgery during my taper and the doc used Versed (a benzo). It was fine. It's just a "one off" use. It won't affect your taper. If you want, you could ask for propofol. It's only to sedate you. Either one will be fine.

After the cataract surgery you will be sent home with eye drops that have an antibiotic and a pain reliever.  The AB my doc used is Cipro which I told him I did not want to take, but he reassured me that the AB and the pain reliever stay in the eye and do not get absorbed into your system. He was right. I felt no ill effects.  I guess your fentanyl is the pain reliever . . . but I wouldn't worry about it . 

There’s offices all over central Florida and Tampa. Just Google them. You can do telehealth too. I’m closer to Orlando so my office is this way but I telehealth the lady anyway. It all comes down to the type of doctor or psych nurse that you end up seeing, but mine works with me, I’m sure they are all different.

40 minutes ago, [[m...] said:

There’s offices all over central Florida and Tampa. Just Google them. You can do telehealth too. I’m closer to Orlando so my office is this way but I telehealth the lady anyway. It all comes down to the type of doctor or psych nurse that you end up seeing, but mine works with me, I’m sure they are all different.

How are you doing with your taper. I am in tolerance and I don’t feel good at all. 

I do not feel good today. Getting worst every day. I have what I need to start the taper now.  The tolerance withdrawals are hitting me really bad. Will I feel better if I start the tapering. I am supposed to be out of town next week for work. Cataract surgery is scheduled for the 28th. I was supposed to do paper work no I can’t get out of bed. Too tired and massive headache. I don’t know what will happen to. Homeless? 

My taper was amazing until June when I crashed and now im barely tapering. Tapering actually made me feel a lot better when I was doing well with my taper. It was like every cut I felt like I had improvement. But I hit a wall and crashed and I don’t know what has happened but I’m very sick now. But for almost 2 years tapering was great and not hard. I was exposed to mold five months ago and they changed the random medication twice and those things seem to put me into a tailspin that I can’t get out of.

Edited by [mi...]

I can tell you that I have heard stories of some people feeling better with cutting in your situation. Not everyone, but lots. I know when I was cutting and stable, I felt so good when I cut, much much better than when I held. The longer I held the worse I held. Maybe give it a small trial of a small cut, see how you feel for a few days, if you feel significantly worse go back up and hold until you are ready. You may be surprised.

• Love 1

@[Ch...] I don't know about your taper. No  one can say if it will get worse. Ppl can only tell you what happened to them. There are no guarantees with tapering. If you feel worse, cut back. I tapered 5% and it was fine.

As for your cataract surgery, I replied to that earlier -- maybe read back a few posts?? My doc used Versed (a bnenzo) and it was fine. Absolutely no ill effects.

I am starting tapering tonight. I am petrified. I have a few questions which method is easier water or shave. I travel and have to go through security at airport. Since it is control need to stay in container. I am afraid the scale will raise some kind of suspicion. Any thoughts. 

@[Ch...] Scale won't raise suspicions. Keep it in the box, if they ask what it is for tell them you have to split your pills and this helps you to do it accurately. You have the bottle of pills with your name on it, and a scale, so your story lines up. Odds are they won't ask. You should be able to keep your pills on you, and check the scale with your luggage.

1 hour ago, [[C...] said:

I am starting tapering tonight. I am petrified. I have a few questions which method is easier water or shave. I travel and have to go through security at airport. Since it is control need to stay in container. I am afraid the scale will raise some kind of suspicion. Any thoughts. 

Hi Chantal,

I am happy to hear you have finally made a decision. I know benzo w/d can be a scary process, but all your benzobuddies are here to support you.👍💪

I am not doing water titration or pill shaving but if I personally had to choose, I would choose to shave and weigh with the scale.

It is not always accurate. Are using liquid Valium I am petrified. The Lexapro is killing me. Also my doctor is not supportive. I can’t tell him. 

Just now, [[C...] said:

Only 5 days 

You do feel worse the first 1-2 weeks. Can you tolerate long enough to see if it helps you or not?