Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Help

[Ch...]

@[Ch...]

If you go back to page 5 of this thread and click on the link @[pi...] provided, you will see that there are 4 buttons on the scale. Tare is the 3rd from the left - on/off, mode, tare, and pcs. If you purchased that scale, yours is exactly the same. 

I sent some videos to my dad for family members. He is I was doomed to find a center and get that drug out iv my system. I am so confused to what to do now. Nausea this morning abdominal cramps fog and do tired. 

Benzos can make us very confused and cause us to have trouble processing information. You've been given a lot of good information here and it's a lot to take in.  I'm sure it's hard to to absorb.  I know I had to read things over several times before I could begin to take in the information.  I think it would help you to slowly read this thread over a few times.

• Love 1

6 hours ago, [[C...] said:

I sent some videos to my dad for family members. He is I was doomed to find a center and get that drug out iv my system. I am so confused to what to do now. Nausea this morning abdominal cramps fog and do tired. 

Normally, I would suggest avoiding inpatient detox bc of loss of control. In your case Chantal, provided you can find a hospital, inpatient may be the impetus you need to get you started, IDK! I know you are scared and sick. Things will more likely than not continue to deteriorate while taking the drug as prescribed and updosing will provide little to no relief. I recall once I became tolerant to Klonopin, it was downhill from there. I would take the drug, get perhaps 2 hours of incomplete relief, and then back to hell I would go. Although detox was awful, it allowed for the removal of the more potent K and then I transitioned to valium, prescribed by my PCP, after I was discharged and it worked to stabilize me. The mistake I made tho was after I got stable, I chose to just remain on the valium.

55 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

Are u recommending detox?  I have rx for lexapro 10 mg. Should I start that and taper or just go to detox. I will lose my insurance. @[An...]

If I were in your shoes and this is just from my experience of 30 years trying to get off this crap, I personally would keep taking the klonopin, start the lexapro, try to get through the initial side effects, and see if the 10 mgs of lexapro will have a positive therapeutic effect like it did for me (4-6 weeks). It may or may not, IDK. Remember, I am on valium. Valium is much less potent than klonopin but it might help you to feel better and give you the confidence to slowly begin to taper off the klonopin. You are now only on one drug, Klonopin and not on a cocktail of other meds concurrently which is a huge +. When you are on these cocktails, it can muddy the waters and really complicate things. No matter what you decide, you need to try and make a decision. No matter what you decide, your benzobuddies will support you and cheer you on. If one thing does not work, you can try another.

You definitely don't want to lose your medical insurance if at all possible.

I take clonidine 0.1mg at night to sleep. What was the side effects of the lexapro. I went outside today with my neighbor felt a little better. I can’t tell her what is wrong with me. Also I take magnesium to help with my bowels. Should I stop I read that I should not take magnesium at all. Without it I will not have a BM. 

@[Ch...]Where are you located?  

I too have been tempted to go to a facility and try to taper off quickly but everything I have read indicates that its not a good idea unless you are abusing the medication. They can quickly taper you but then you are sent out going through acute withdrawal on additional medications. I believe it's considered to be a cold turkey to be taken off in less than a month like that. Most people on here simply took this as prescribed and now find themselves accidentally dependent on it. I don't know if you could find a facility that would switch you to valium but then you would also still need to find a provider to continue the taper.

You can do a slower and safer taper at home from klonopin and try to work.  Lots of people taper from klonopin. I don't know how much easier it is to taper from klonopin than valium. Maybe others can speak to that.  I was basically forced to switch by my NP - the main benefit is it comes in smaller dosage tablets and a liquid formulation.

I would spend all my savings on it if there was a quick way out of this situation.

7 hours ago, [[A...] said:

Chantal, when will your friend arrive?

In a few weeks but I am traveling for work the next 2 weeks. I am not sure if I can do it. 

12 hours ago, [[A...] said:

Chantal, when will your friend arrive?

In a few weeks but I am traveling for work the next 2 weeks. I am not sure if I can do it. 

I am so sick this morning. Throwing up and so lethargic. I don’t have any food in the house. Today is my cataract surgery consultation. My neighbor is bringing me. She is nice but if I tell her why I am sick she will drop me line everyone else. I can’t tell her that I am addicted to a pill that makes me sick. 

I see a psych nurse every three months. I do it via telehealth so I don’t have to go in. But you can. They have offices over your way also, it’s a franchise with several offices. She isn’t benzo wise per se but she works with me and she lets me try what I want and she supports me and does research to figure things out. 

Why can’t you take the benzo for sedation, are you worried your tolerance is so high they’ll have to use a lot?  What is the problem with the fentanyl?

I just asked my mother. They gave her a benzo for sedation but nothing for pain after the surgery. She told me it did not hurt. Am I missing something? Why do you need fentanyl after cataract surgery?

I told the surgeon I was benzodiazepines tolerance and could not take benzo, epinephrine and narcotics. I felt like an addict telling my story. I am so ashamed embarrassed  I have a neighbor helping me and if she knew a pill was making me sick she would never talk to me again. 

4 hours ago, [[C...] said:

I thought I could not take benzo if I start the taper. I am so confused. 

It’s good you told your doctor about your benzodiazepine use so they’ll know you may need more of the drug to achieve sedation but its perfectly fine to have the procedure using it.  Some who are benzo free will ask for a different medication that’s a matter of choice, not necessity. 

I’m not sure why you told the surgeon no to epinephrine and narcotics.

Dental procedures always say no epinephrine. And I thought no narcotics I think I messed up this surgery very bad. Maybe they won’t do the surgery now. 

17 hours ago, [[m...] said:

I see a psych nurse every three months. I do it via telehealth so I don’t have to go in. But you can. They have offices over your way also, it’s a franchise with several offices. She isn’t benzo wise per se but she works with me and she lets me try what I want and she supports me and does research to figure things out. 

What is the name of the group.