Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Help

[Ch...]

I got scared after reading horror stories. I have the dose tapered to the 5 percent but did not take it. I want to do it but worried about by other health issues. I have to eat purebred stuff right now. The intrusive thoughts are bad also. I was told I will feel better when I start taper and told it will be hell. Am I playing Russian roulette?  @[An...]

7 hours ago, [[C...] said:

@[Pa...] sorry if I sound like I am complaining. All tide issues are related to ling term use if the benzo. Cataracts at 56 and die to decrease in saliva dental issues are very common. 
Like stated before my family is in Canada. My friend should be here in a week or 2. I think I will start my taper tonight. At 2mg I need to reduce by 0.1mg correct?  I have the scale and file. Let me know if correct way 

Yes… 0.1 is a 5% reduction from your total 2mg dose. 

I understand each hurdle must seem like a mountain right now, @[Ch...]. It’s very normal to experience this.

Just try and deal with one thing at a time, rather than everything at once. 

I agree with @[An...]… I would hold off on my taper until other stresses are dealt with, or at the very least, wait until your friend arrives before beginning the taper. 

I was too scared. I did not do it. I am in pureevfoid right Nike because my front teeth hurt D’Souza much. The horror stories are so scary. I have to be able to function if I want to do this. I need insurance for dr abd rx and if I wavt to see my cataract surgery. Nit working I would be in the streets. @[Wi...]

The most important thing is for you to remain functional through this process, @[Ch...], and part of that process is getting these upcoming stressful events out of the way first, after which, you can then begin a sensible taper off the medication. It will also be helpful for you to have the comfort and support of your friend when you begin. 

You seem to be leaning towards starting your taper, you could make on reduction to see how that goes.  This might break you out of the indecision freeing you from the torment it creates.  You don’t have to make another reduction if it feels like too much right now.  

I’m not trying to nudge you in any particular direction, I just hope to see you make up your mind because I know how destructive it is to be constantly ruminating about making a decision. 

• Like 1

I was ready last night i weight and shaved my pill.  I guess there will never be a right time. My friend leaves next Friday. This week I have 2 medical apts that are stressing me out. I am all alone to go to apt. I am also petrified with the horror stories of withdrawal. 

Just now, [[C...] said:

I was ready last night i weight and shaved my pill.  I guess there will never be a right time. My friend leaves next Friday. This week I have 2 medical apts that are stressing me out. I am all alone to go to apt. I am also petrified with the horror stories of withdrawal. 

Read the success stories and try not to focus on the horror stories so much. Yes, benzo w/d is no piece of cake but think of how much better you will end up feeling after recovery.

Pam is right tho Chantal. Your indecision is causing you considerable stress and this is making you feel that much worse than you already are now. Try to make a decision after creating a plan and then follow through. I know you are scared. We all are. That is why we are all here to support each other during the taper-off journey and during the recovery phase afterward.

I have seen it but I don’t under the 300 ml of water. Is that for all doses?  I only take my med once a day. I need to understand why 300 ml of water and why 1 ml of solution taken out. 

5 hours ago, [[C...] said:

@[Ch...], it helps if you date and write down your daily dose after weighing your medication (if you decide to dry taper). That way, if you need to adjust your dose, you have a record of your taper. This is an amazing motivator too; you can look back on your taper history and look at your progress. I used a printed calendar and wrote down my dose each day. You’ve got this!!

Edited by [El...]

I just woke up in panick. I dreamed that my doctor line many doctors was no longer going to prescribe my k  for my taper  I am costumed by this pill  

Hi @[Ch...]

If you feel you need to go to the hospital, then maybe you should trust your instincts. 

Before tapering, I made several trips to the hospital in panic. There really wasn’t anything that could be done for me, but for some reason, it seemed to calm me down just sitting in the hospital waiting room for hours on end. Maybe by being around others and knowing there was care close by helped to calm me. Basically, every late night trip to the hospital seemed pointless as far as treatment was concerned, but, I guess it did serve in helping my system to calm, so I don’t consider it to have been a total waste of time. 

Eventually you will have to decide to commit to making your first reduction, which, I do think could very well be the best thing you could do. I think you may need to break your fear of tapering.  

Same as @[Wi...]

I recall when I went to the hospital the last time.

They examined me.

They could detect nothing wrong.

They suggested inpatient detox.

I voluntarily consented.

It was the biggest mistake of my life.

Yes, I do think Chantal is paralyzed with fear. I remember the fear and hopelessness I had when the Klonopin I had taken for the last 11 years refused to work anymore in my brain. Despite the fear, you will be forced at some point as you become sicker on the drug to attempt to detox. You have to start somewhere. Like @[Wi...] said, despite how bad you are feeling ATM, a small cut in dosage might actually empower you and give you the confidence you need to try to slowly come off this stuff.