Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Help

[Ch...]

@[An...] may be right… 

Then, once you get to lower doses, you may want to switch to lower potency tabs. It will mean you’ll go through more tablets, but basically, the more tablet weight in your doses as a result of lower potency tabs, the more accurate your reductions will be.  

Chantel, like Winters said, who is she? I only suggested perhaps 2 mg tablets might be a little easier to start your taper with that @[Wi...] outlined for you. You can continue to use your (2) 1 MG tablets.

Have you decided when you are going to start?

Dear Chantal...

Please do not feel ashamed. Don't beat yourself up. It only makes things worse, and It's not like any of us really understood what we were getting into. Having to give up and then suffer some anxiety is one thing...but having all the prolonged taper schedules and all health issues that go along...well, I daresay that none of us really understood. 

Much Love to You :smitten:LollyDoodle

It’s okay to use your 1mg tabs. It just means that when you are weighing, you’d weigh both together to get your total dose and then once you’ve also calculated your new total dose which is less your reduction, each time you file a little off and have to reweigh to check how close you are getting to your new dose weight, you have to put the full 1mg tab on the scales with the filed tab to keep getting your weight until you have reduced to your new weight, as opposed to just filing and weighing the one 2mg tab. 

21 hours ago, [[C...] said:
On 17/09/2023 at 16:10, [[C...] said:

i am having terrible tolerance. I am having gum issues like you an I am about to lose my veneers on my 2 front teeth. I can’t afford new ones. I need cataract surgery at 56. Thanks to benzo. How are u feeling 

@[Ch...] I am sorry about you having cataracts so young. Have you ever used steroid eye drops? They can cause cataracts. I have the start of them, but I was prescribed steroid drops a lot over the years. 

I think cataract surgery is supposed to be safe, not that we want to have them and to run out and have surgery.

Do you have a while before end of taper? Can you do it much more slowly to reduce symptoms?  Are you switching to Valium during the taper?  

@[Ch...] Wow. I heard that could help while tapering. I am out 9 weeks from Xanax, but it's been staying really bad. I am so far into this, but I am having awful pain so I have toyed with going on Valium for a while to maybe settle my system. There is no guarantee so I don't know what to do. I don't know much about Valium and what to expect from it. I don't know if any doc will give it to me.

I can't believe this is happening. It never seems real. 

Listen to the experts. They went through it. You seem to have a good support system adv no worries about health insurance or having to work to.support yourself. My ex if 38 years cleaned me up at the divorce and kept Ihis military big retirement. Me left with nothing. He had notvwoked in 26 years. 

@[Ch...] I am starting back up with low dose Valium after 2 mos off Xanax because I am struggling with WD. It's causing me many problems and pain as a result.

I want to tell you I told this doc about the WD and that I wanted Valium to trycto adjust or calm my nervous system and thst Icwould taper off later on. Then he said something interesting about him not giving it to me to treat withdrawal, but to treat anxiety, for insurance. I got it now. They have to have a diagnosis. 

What if you told your doc you are anxious and don't mention WD anymore?  Tell him what you want and don't mention you will be tapering the Valium. You can taper when you are ready without doc getting involved.

19 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

I have not started the tapering yet. My doctor won’t do anything for me. 

Explain exactly what you mean by this Chantal. Is your doctor now refusing to prescribe you Klonopin?

According to his assistant he sent the rx rx ion the 15. I don’t see it in my profile. I found an older Rx that had a refill in my profile and refilled that one. I left a message again at the office and have not received a call back. I will call again tomorrow. 

8 hours ago, [[G...] said:

@[Ch...] I am starting back up with low dose Valium after 2 mos off Xanax because I am struggling with WD. It's causing me many problems and pain as a result.

I want to tell you I told this doc about the WD and that I wanted Valium to trycto adjust or calm my nervous system and thst Icwould taper off later on. Then he said something interesting about him not giving it to me to treat withdrawal, but to treat anxiety, for insurance. I got it now. They have to have a diagnosis. 

What if you told your doc you are anxious and don't mention WD anymore?  Tell him what you want and don't mention you will be tapering the Valium. You can taper when you are ready without doc getting involved.

I had to do the exact same thing Grace when I filed my disability claim. You can't file a claim using benzo w/d as the cause. I had to use my two medical DXs....Panic Disorder and GAD. The real irony is benzo w/d was the exact cause for the disability or inability to continue working. Had it not been for the tolerance w/d, I might have been able to continue working. I loved my job and had 25 service years before benzos caused it all to come to an end.🤬 I took a huge financial hit but have been able to make it work by cost-cutting.

I don’t have short term disability I have long term but I don’t know how it works. I am like a child can’t think or make decisions about myself 

I don't know the specifics of your Company's LTD plan. You need to have a look at your employee handbook. I do know you can't use something like Benzo Tolerance w/d as the reason for the disability. You have to use a medical DX like one of the anxiety disorders and you would also need to supply the medical evidence (records) to back up your allegations. A supportive doctor can be enormously helpful. Unfortunately, many docs want nothing to do with you when it comes to filling out some of the disability forms required by the LTD carrier. Medical Disability claims can be a PITA but if you qualify and are truly unable to work, it is definitely worth applying for.

6 hours ago, [[A...] said:

I had to do the exact same thing Grace when I filed my disability claim. You can't file a claim using benzo w/d as the cause. I had to use my two medical DXs....Panic Disorder and GAD. The real irony is benzo w/d was the exact cause for the disability or inability to continue working. Had it not been for the tolerance w/d, I might have been able to continue working. I loved my job and had 25 service years before benzos caused it all to come to an end.🤬 I took a huge financial hit but have been able to make it work by cost-cutting.

@[An...] This happened with leaving job because of when you were in WD from K?  Was that tolerance withdrawal?

You must have had a rough WD.  You must have been sad leaving your job. This is an awful epidemic.  Too many people are continuing to be harmed.

Did you have numbness in your face or anywhere, and did it go away? 

What kind of WD symptoms did you have?

Edited by [Gr...]
uodated

@[Ch...] You've been through a lot of personal things and now this ,it's no wonder you can't think right now. Would it be better to just stay on the K for a while longer and wait to stop it?

There has to be a doctor willing to work with you. That will be a challenge, but you are not getting help from this one.

I pray you to get through this wiithout compromising your job. You sound dedicted to job and want to work.

Edited by [Gr...]