Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Announcement: Alternative Treatments Group

[Co...]

Along with our recent move to the new software and reorganization of content last month, the Alt. Therapies & Supplements forum was archived and deprecated. Alt. Therapies offered support outside of the immediate scope of what BB provides, and no one on the team was willing to moderate a replacement space.

Some members were understandably disappointed by the decision, but @[Ha...] has volunteered to operate a replacement 'group' for the Alt. Therapies forum. Groups operate as semi-autonomous forum-like spaces, but outside of the main list of forums, with their own subset of rules and, to some degree, culture.

Alternative Treatments, Supplements and more offers members an outlet to discuss topics unsuitable for the main forum spaces, while remaining within the overall BenzoBuddies structure.

To locate groups: Main menu => Browse => Groups.  (We expect there to be more groups soon.)

Group Description:

A group dedicated to providing information on the use of alternative treatments whilst withdrawing and recovering from Benzodiazepines.

Group guidelines:

In addition to the general guidelines of BenzoBuddies, please observe the following guidelines of this group:

1. All information in this group is meant for information purposes only, it's not meant as medical advice.
  2. The aim of this group is for members to share their personal experience with supplements and alternative treatments to aid in their taper and recovery.
  3. The use of prescriptive writing is not permitted.
  4. Members should realise that the use of any supplements or alternative treatments has the potential to make their symptoms worse, by providing this group we aim to offer a place to discuss this and hopefully help minimise the amount of people having setbacks.
  5. Members are expected to be civil to each other. We are all going through a difficult time and a few cross words can happen. But abusive behaviour will not be tolerated.

With above guidelines in mind, if you would like to discuss non-mainstream treatments and therapies, please join the Alternative Treatments group.

Thank you, @[Ha...], for taking on this role to help fellow members.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I would like to join this group how do I do that? I am going to be starting a taper tomorrow and support is going to be necessary. Thanks everybody

• Like 1

I’m not sure what I need to write in this, so maybe somebody can please direct me in the right direction benzo addict

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, [[M...] said:

I’m not sure what I need to write in this, so maybe somebody can please direct me in the right direction benzo addict

Hello @[Ma...], welcome to BenzoBuddies,

We’re glad you found us, I see you’ve posted to this thread a number of times, I would suggest posting to the https://benzobuddies.org/forum/121-benzodiazepine-withdrawal-use-recovery/ forum for the support you need. 

When you do this, you can tell us what benzodiazepine you’re currently taking as well as the taper you’re intending to start, perhaps we can offer some suggestions.

Pamster

• Like 1

1 hour ago, [[M...] said:

I would like to join this group how do I do that? I am going to be starting a taper tomorrow and support is going to be necessary. Thanks everybody

Hello @[Ma...]. Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

Do you mean the Alternative Treatments Group? Go to the main menu bar (or burger menu if you are using mobile device) and select 'Groups' under 'Browse'.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
[Cb...]

I hope I'm where I"m supposed to be.  This site has been so changed since I was last on it, I am completely lost and also very old.  Here is my question:  has anyone tapering tried gABA supplements?  I've always heard it's the worse thing you can do and yet I listened to a doctor on YouTube who treats people withdrawing from benzos and he feels that it's a myth that is going around benzo groups about gaba and in his professional opinion, it is very useful.  It certainly makes sense that it would be, considering how benzos work .  So I just want to throw it out there...... thank you in advance for answering me.