Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

Last night I slept around 6 hours and feel more rested today.

My shoulders are still tense though it is the holidays we are taking that quick trip to my mother's. Driving 1200 miles in three days is a bit daunting, but at least there are no mountains in our path.

Trochsetter, congratulations on sleeping better!! Sleeping "in" is a big positive step! It gives us hope. I am also happy to hear how much better you feel. Too bad about the nausea but you seem to be dealing with it okay. 

I did miss your comment about where you are from. I'm quite amazed that you are fluent in three languages. It takes a lot of time and energy to get there. I am familiar with Frisian horses, but did not know there was also a language. Now I know! In high school I studied Latin as that was all they offered. I can neither speak or read Latin, not that I would want to, but still. I took a year of Swedish at the university a few years ago but am still illiterate. My excuse is I lack a foreign language gene for lack of a better reason. 

Sleep well

Hi nightengale,  great to see you slept much better!  Hope this was the first of many good nights! Wow, doing all that driving in three days. Glad it's not me.  The day started wonderful,  but took a turn for the worse this afternoon. Felt very tired and had to go to bed for an hour. Got up in a lot of pain just now. Feeling like being hit by a truck. Nausea back too.

It's actually 4 languages - you can add German to that list. I wish I could trade them all in for a good health, though. O Lord, how I hate the tricks benzos play on us. Besides horses you also know about Frisian (- Holstein) cows. You know, those black and white ones you see worldwide. The Frisian language is one of the oldest in Europe,  a close cousin to English. Here endeth the lesson... Wishing you a wonderful day and a peaceful night. Take care!  :thumbsup:

Horrible night: about 4 hours of light sleep. Woke up around 3.30 am. with awful belly pain. ( Colon). Painkillers did nothing. Bowel movement brought relief. Now having a bad day. Exhausted. Nauseous. Cold. Sad. Mostly in bed.

I slept perhaps 4 hours. I'm feeling ok this morning.

Trochsetter I'm sorry you have taken a turn for the worse.

I wish I could make it better.

Of course I know about Holstein cows, we had some on the farm. Now I know they are really Frisian!

Four languages is amazing especially knowing the oldest in Europe.

Hang in there trochsetter.

Hello nightengale,  great to see you're feeling OK this morning!  Hope your day will be OK too. That's all we can ask for at the moment.

My exhaustion went away after I had lunch! I even went for my daily walk. Could hardly believe I was able to, since two hours before that, I felt a total wreck.  That's the kind of tricks benzos play on us. It can change at the flip of a coin. Crazy, right?  :idiot:

Enjoy the rest of your day, nightengale.  :thumbsup:

Morning everyone,  slept a little over six hours. So that's quite OK.  Woke up in pain, body hurting all over. Hope it will get better as the day goes on. Hope you all had a good sleep!  Wishing us all a symptom free day!

Hi DBM, the 5.5 hours is great! The other things are so sad. I hope symptoms improve for you,  starting today. Man, what a mess these

f* cking Benzos have put us in. Stay strong. :thumbsup:

I didn't sleep last night that i am aware of. I guess the stress is working a number on me. I also had a lot of muscle pain in mainly my right leg/foot, but my left leg bothered me, also.  Tomorrow we leave for Iowa so I can host a birthday lunch celebration for my mother. I hope the snow that is predicted doesn't close down the interstate across Nebraska. We can get a foot of snow in Colorado and they just enact the chain law and keep everything open. Nebraska has a few flakes they close the gates..yes they have gates across the on ramps.  ::)

Anyway, I'll be out of the loop until we return Sunday afternoon.

Hang in there everyone.

Trochsetter, I'm glad you had a better night. Sorry to hear about the pain all over. Stay strong.

Hi nightengale,  so sorry to see you didn't sleep at all last night. You're right, stress is a real pain in the ass. And when awake, you can't get away from the pain for a couple of hours. Makes your nights even worse!  Hope you enjoy your trip. Have a safe one.  :thumbsup:

Hey DBM, good to see you. Thanks for the good wishes. See you all later!

Trochsetter, I'm feeling the "not sleeping" today. Tonight may be a better night!

Thanks!

Morning all, another 5,5 hours of sleep. Again woke up because of the pain in my outside left thigh. Aghh. Tried all kinds of positions to get rid of the pain, but in doing that, got pain in other party of my body as well. After getting up and a hot shower,  things usually get more bearable.

Well, ready for another day in the "life" of a Benzo victim...How I hate this. Wishing us all a window today!  :thumbsup:

I didn't sleep last night that i am aware of. I guess the stress is working a number on me. I also had a lot of muscle pain in mainly my right leg/foot, but my left leg bothered me, also.  Tomorrow we leave for Iowa so I can host a birthday lunch celebration for my mother. I hope the snow that is predicted doesn't close down the interstate across Nebraska. We can get a foot of snow in Colorado and they just enact the chain law and keep everything open. Nebraska has a few flakes they close the gates..yes they have gates across the on ramps.  ::)

Anyway, I'll be out of the loop until we return Sunday afternoon.

Hang in there everyone.

Trochsetter, I'm glad you had a better night. Sorry to hear about the pain all over. Stay strong.

Nightingale you're hosting a bd party on zero sleep? You're a tough cookie!. I came in here today to complain about my 4.5 hours of sleep last night but I'll just shut up after seeing your post. After last summer with nearly no sleep, this is a blessing. I hope the snow doesn't get in your way.

Hi Valiumnomore,  that shows us, there's always people that are worse off. Makes me humble. Glad to see you're at least getting a couple of hours again. No sleep would drive me nuts! Where I can't begin to imagine,  that I would have to work, you actually do and raise a teenager as well. Great job! Well done. And nightengale does her thing without having slept at all! Somehow we get strength even in the darkest hours of our despair. Wishing you a good day.

Hi Valiumnomore,  that shows us, there's always people that are worse off. Makes me humble. Glad to see you're at least getting a couple of hours again. No sleep would drive me nuts! Where I can't begin to imagine,  that I would have to work, you actually do and raise a teenager as well. Great job! Well done. And nightengale does her thing without having slept at all! Somehow we get strength even in the darkest hours of our despair. Wishing you a good day.

Thank yo Trochsetter, yes, it's good to look at people who have it worse and are still doing everything possible to go on with their lives.

Could we all play a game of posting here what we do at night when we can't sleep? The destructive thoughts are much more haunting on sleepless nights, plus, there are less things you can do to distract, apart from the fact that you are thinking you should be sleeping (and trying to), you can't go out to the street, and all the other factors.

So, I try to read comics, watch light entertainment TV, and little more, while I shoo away my SI thoughts (only get them on sleepless nights now, thankfully). Any ideas? There's this struggle between trying to sleep and having to distract. Ideas please.

6.5 hours, constant disturbing dreams, severe exhaustion upon waking.

Val, I can usually fall asleep easily, but when I can’t I read or put on a podcast.

DBM,  the number of hours if fine,  too bad it's mostly disturbed sleep. Waking up,  feeling exhausted,  is a terrible feeling. I know it too. Thankfully it's not the case every morning. I fall asleep  almost right away, but after I wake up around 4.30 am.  there's no way I can get back to sleep. Those last couple of hours are the hardest to cope with. I' m in pain  and sometimes anxiety kicks in. Usually I get up some 15 minutes or so, do a bit of walking in the livingroom,  do some deep breathing and go back to bed. All this with as little lights on as possible. When lucky, I can relax a bit. I get up at seven, good sleep or not.

Trochsetter, the hours are good, but the quality is at a zero. It’s very debilitating. My fatigue and exhaustion won’t go away. I know what you mean with your pattern of 4:30 am wakeups. That happens often to me and I’m filled with energy. I have to wait around an hour for that energy to subside then I can try to sleep again. But often I find that going back to sleep for an hour or two makes me feel worse. Can we please have some normal sleep??

DBM,  did you ever have health tests done because of the fatigue and exhaustion? I have. And will be having next week.  I can't stop myself from thinking there must be something else wrong. Some underlying disease. It's most likely my health anxiety that fuels these thoughts. Hope your sleep improves soon. Wow, 3 times 30 minutes in the gym weekly. Good on you!  :thumbsup: I can just manage a 13 minute walk once a day.

Troch, I’m pretty sure it’s the poor sleep causing my fatigue. I’ve had a couple windows where I slept properly and I felt like a totally different person. I am considering doing a sleep study to rule out apnea though.

DBM, when you wake up too early with a cortisol surge, try the adrenal cocktail. It sometimes works.

Vnm

May I ask...what is the adrenal cocktail ?

j

[0a...]