Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hey Intend, how are you my friend?  My left eye is still annoying the crap out of me.  I do think part of it is all this damp weather with all the allergies floating around in the air.  How is your eye?  I was watching MSNBC, wondering how most of them could sign that oath, expecting a few to be struck by lightening.  Won't say anything else.  :). How is my beautiful kitty and Dan?  Love you, Mary 💜💜

I’m doing ok Mary. Both eyes bothered me yesterday burning all day long. I finally had to stop it by showering at 8 pm. And because that corneal tear has scared me so much, I put the stronger drops in my right eye last night and one drop of the  Bausch and Lomb drops in my right eye. And today both feel fairly good.

Mary has sent me some tea tree oil facial wipes to use as an eye treatment as she’s using them herself, but I’m wary of them. Tea tree oil is very, very strong and burns when used. These are very much diluted, but I’m still wary of them. Called the eye doctor who said to not use them, and the body shop who said the same thing.

Good news is that we got the sink plumbing fixed by Blake early this morning. Finally!

Now I’m going to pay some bills. Looks like the LHSG is in good spirits overall. DD, I often just read rather than post.

And Pepper and Dan both seem good. Spoiled is a better word! Pepper saw a cat traipsing across our back yard early this morning and ran all over the house to continue seeing it as it moved along the line of the house. And of course she’s complaining as usual.

If that cat spoke English, Dan and I would be in trouble with such a complainer. 🐈 >>> :tickedoff:

MSNBC hmmm. Yes, saw that also. Lightening should strike many. 🔥🌪and  >:(:pokey::oXo:

Glad both your eyes were doing pretty good today And Blake finished up, all in all, not a bad day.  I can just see Pepper flying from window to window,  :). Love you woman, Mary 💜💜

Yes, not a bad day overall. Oh that cat can move like lightening when she wants to. But mostly a spoiled little kitty cat. 🐈 🐾 🌶 But we love her. Are black hearts a bad thing? She’s black and we 💘💖💝 her. And there black hearts on this iPad. Big question for me.

Love you too Mary. 💙💚💛🧡❤️💜

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Morning Janice is that a thing in your country people giving advice to total strangers?l have to say haven't come across that here.l have met a lot of people who have told me their life story with absolutely no filter.l find those are the sort of people that l tend to attract.l can't imagine telling a complete stranger my life story.Never worry about your size honey l more worry that you will all need to be wheeled up the aisle and given massages as l say my vows 😳.l have a beau he is my Steve and we have been together for probably a year.lady Mary is going to be my sister in law and l don't even have to meet him so he is perfect for me 😏😇.l hope you have a good one honey.Stay strong.love you.X

. Morning Suzy remember l am watching you.l know it's a bit creepy however if that is what it takes l am up for it.I think you are probably your worst critic.Try to watch how you talk to yourself sweetheart it does impact how you feel.love you.X

Morning Lady Mary woohoo 🎊🎉 it's a success.Money well spent hen.Keep using it honey the more tools you have the better.Now as for my height l can't afford to allow you to knock 2 inches off my height 😧. Remember every inch counts 😛.l will be back next week honey.My girl is home this afternoon so weekend with her.love you my lady Mary Hen.X

Morning Troch the pain is not in your head it sadly is very real.However accepting the cause is definitely your biggest challenge.l know you will get on top of the health anxiety however it is going to take a lot of time and hard work on your part.Hopefully your therapist will help you with that.love to you.X

Morning Intend l would agree regarding the teatree don't put that near your eyes.l hope Dan is doing well? love to you.X

Morning Free, Trish Meems Esperanza NJ Nova Bill Miyu Final Olive Gilly GP and everyone here sending you my love and hoping everyone has a withdrawal free day.X

Oh Stut thank you so much. You always put things in perspective. I imagine so many things on this drug. My head feels like it is going to split. I am going to work on my thoughts. They are very critical. You are the best. Have a great day with your daughter. She is so lucky to have a mom like you. Love Suzy ❤

Oh Stut thank you so much. You always put things in perspective. I imagine so many things on this drug. My head feels like it is going to split. I am going to work on my thoughts. They are very critical. You are the best. Have a great day with your daughter. She is so lucky to have a mom like you. Love Suzy ❤

Now promise me you will.l want the best for you honey.You are a kind loving person and you deserve to be happy.l know you are scared but this is time to help yourself and make your life better.l am here for you sweetheart whenever you need me.😘

I promise I will. I have a book in cbt. U haven't read it because I didn't trust it. That is so weird I know. Thank you with all my heart for being here for me. ❤🥰

I promise I will. I have a book in cbt. U haven't read it because I didn't trust it. That is so weird I know. Thank you with all my heart for being here for me. ❤🥰

Read it honey honestly you need to work on the way you think.Anxiety just doesn't happen we make it happen.l know withdrawal causes anxiety however we increase it by the way we think so there is work we all need to do and when better than now.You ain't getting rid of me l am like a bad smell l linger 😜.X

Hehehe  :laugh: :laugh Boy this anxiety is rough. The way I think  :o  You linger Haha  🤣😘😛

.😂😂😂 Love you Suzy will speak to you next week.Be kind to yourself while l am away.😘

Hi Stut,  you truly are so amazing! Hitting the nail on the head every time. My new therapist and I will be working on the health anxiety issue. She seems a nice person. This morning I woke up to pain again. Got up a few times to do some light walking through the livingroom and put a heated pad on my soar spot. It worked the second time. No more sleep of course, but I found myself being perfectly calm,  almost observing the situation from a distance. No anxiety, anger or sadness. Just gentle Buteyko breathing. Which I found out about last week. I find it helps. This morning I went to the supermarket,  and exercised on my stationary bike for 12 minutes. The muscle pain is a bit less, but the tightness is increasing. Has me worried,  obviously.

Suzy, I get your anxiety 100%.  :o  I'm in the same scary boat. Take Stut 's advise on that CBT book. It might just help.

Hi Troch,

Wow I just can't believe how insane this anxiety gets. You sound good. I get the right muscles too. In my legs, I could stretch 24 hrs a day..lol I am going to read the cbt book. I think we really need to put 8n the hard work to change our thoughts. Ly Suzy

Hi all,

A cousin just sent me in article by  a German neuroscientist. He advocates tapping in to the self curing abilities that we all have.

"Don't depend on the doctors too much, but more on yourself. Try to learn how to be enthusiastic about your own healing powers."

Really a different mindset. Interesting.

CBT works along those lines too.

DIY 2.0...

Morning everyone.  Yes, Stut is marrying my bil.  :D. Apparently, she is 5'1 not 4'9 so there is somebody on here 4'9".  But who?  Benzo brain  :idiot:  :D.  Love you Stut, great posts this morning.

I know Suzy gets tired of me, I do linger and try to keep her from blaming herself.  She is such a sweetheart.  Hope everyone has a decent day and you aren't in line of that ugly storm.  Love you all.

Mary 💜💜

No you help me so much I would be lost wiThout you. You couldn't bother anymone. I care about you too. If anything I am probably drug you nutsl  :o

No you help me so much I would be lost wiThout you. You couldn't bother anymone. I care about you too. If anything I am probably drug you nutsl  :o

You don't realize how nice , funny, and kind you come across, you heard Stut this morning.  Believe me, Stut doesn't feel that way about everyone.  If you could see you how we do, you would have a lot more self confidence.  But truthfully, I was in my late 30's before I started gaining confidence.  When you drink like we did, and all that comes with it, it takes time to change the way you think and believe in yourself.  It's a shame for all of us that we got caught in the benzo crap.  But one day , you will be so self confident, bf better watch his stuff.  ;):laugh: :laugh:

0h Thanks mm,

I dont know why i see myself so badly. Ive always been that way. Maybe i always felt bad becuz of the anxiety attacks.  Then i went back to my childhood and life events thought maybe i was traumatized and that freaked me out. Something about nervous system dysregulation i saw on itube.  I need to get a grip. I guess i thought maybe that is my im i feel so anxious.  But it os ax and alchhol too. Ugh

I think what i am trying to say is i started thinking the mental sx were me. Aftet i watched that video. I have to resolve them before i am normal. I dont care. Ill just do cbt and work on my anxiety and mind icant be digging around in my brain right now. I am taking a walk. Its 20 out. It wont be long...hehe ly dd delirous and delusional.  :laugh:

I think what i am trying to say is i started thinking the mental sx were me. Aftet i watched that video. I have to resolve them before i am normal. I dont care. Ill just do cbt and work on my anxiety and mind icant be digging around in my brain right now. I am taking a walk. Its 20 out. It wont be long...hehe ly dd delirous and delusional.  :laugh:

If you are out walking in 20 degrees, I might have to agree with the delirious, lol, lol.  Love you girl  :smitten: :smitten:

That's 20 degrees Fahrenheit. In Celsius, what the rest of the world uses, It would be lovely weather for a walk! 

I totally get what you're saying,  Suzy, it's really hard sometimes keep things in perspective. We all have a lot of work to become ourselves again. And not the benzo brain and body we are at the moment. Enjoy your walk.

Help!! I can't remember if I took my mid day dose😳.. What do I do??!! I think I did but I'm not sure..I was reading and I was very engrossed and I think I took a pill out of my purse but I'm not sure!!!

I'll meet ya for a walk I'm only a state away! 😂😂.. brrrrr.. It is cold here🥶 you're brave to go out there. I'm debating whether to get in the car and go to the store.. Gotta go out later anyway to get my granddaughter off the bus and not looking forward to it. Rich will warm up my car for me but even just walking out the door is rough when it's this cold. Snow tomorrow here, you guys will probably get it too.

TT, troubled by terrible memory today 😔

Haha,

Tt, it is freezing. That would be fun. We can have a snowball fight tomorrow!? :laugh: I think if you forgot your dose if you think maybe just take your next dose. Because you might start worrying if you took too and mentally you could mess your self up. Omg. What am I saying. Either way I think you will be ok. I went out and never took a walk. Brrr. I should have bundled up. So I drove to the store. Bought something to cheer me up. Stay warm. Ly dd

Troch, it's in the 20s somewhere. Farenheight. I is usually dolder this time of year. What is the weather like were you are?

Mm, what is it like were you are? is it cold. I love you to girlfriend. Hope that enso is helping. Fingers crossed.

[bc...]