Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hi Troch,

I am sorry yoy are in so much pain. I understand it is just to much. Then the endless tests. I just had a lyme and was fine. I am sure you are too. We dont get out in the woids to much. I do l8nd of. I am sure everything will be fine. Ly Suzy

Espt,

Thank.you so much for that encouraging post. I have rone everything wrong so far. I dont think anyone can truly know how to do this right. We just stumble through till we are better.  I am so glad you are improving.

Everyone else u hope yoy are feeling ok as you can be. We will get through together love Suzy

Wow Dehytq I'm so so sorry. What a useless professional! I mean she want's you to take meds and read books instead of teaching you coping skills which is her job. Then what does she think you are going to therapy for? I don't know what strategy you could use to be less pissed by these visits. I'm sure she has no say in your taking more meds as she's not a psych doctor. There's this great therapist who says "skills, not pills". She's obviously from a different school. I know this must be very violating, invalidating and denying of this awful reality of bwd. It shouldn't be happening. I hope you eventually get a new therapist who isn't so ignorant.

Hi k,

Did the enso come!! I cant wait. Let me know when you get it up and running. My.mother puts hets on full blast..lol ly dd

DD.......the Enso has landed, lol.      Thank goodness  :D :D.  Will report in after first use. 

I hav3 to find someone new. I cant take it. I thougjt maybe it was me. I am wrong. I try everything with her. Even simple stuff. Omg. I just dont want to change because i get my mefs from the psych at the same place. It is hard to get benzos so i hate to switch.  I feel like i have the worst luck with everything. Maybe im being.punished. i hope you are feeling ok. You sound better. I think we are both suffering from depression too. Why wouldnt we. This is insane un so many levels. Kerp reading about coping skills. I will too. I guess we have to be our own frs and therapists these days. I get better info on utube and it is free. These ppl dont deserve a paycheck!! Ok rant over. Another day in.paradise.. :tickedoff:

I hav3 to find someone new. I cant take it. I thougjt maybe it was me. I am wrong. I try everything with her. Even simple stuff. Omg. I just dont want to change because i get my mefs from the psych at the same place. It is hard to get benzos so i hate to switch.  I feel like i have the worst luck with everything. Maybe im being.punished. i hope you are feeling ok. You sound better. I think we are both suffering from depression too. Why wouldnt we. This is insane un so many levels. Kerp reading about coping skills. I will too. I guess we have to be our own frs and therapists these days. I get better info on utube and it is free. These ppl dont deserve a paycheck!! Ok rant over. Another day in.paradise.. :tickedoff:

You're absolutely right. I've learned much more on YouTube than in therapy. Dehytq can you change the therapist without changing your prescriber?

Espy, my hillbilly cousin, we have all done so many things wrong, but we knew no other way.  So I don't blame myself anymore.  I use too.  I am so glad you posted , we have quite a few people really low on the meds  and they need  to know how hard it can be but there is light at the end of the tunnel.  You suffered so much, for so long, and now you are having days where you feel 75% sometimes, that is amazing.  I am so happy for you.  I love you, thank you so much for posting.

Your hillbilly cuz, Mary 💜💜💜♥️  How are those grandkids?    :smitten: :smitten:

Sorry Vali, my first post above wasn't clear, so I fixed it.  I meant, we have so many at really low numbers and will soon be coming off.  My fault, it wasn't clear.  :)

Kathy!!! I cant believe it.  :highfive::hug::clap: :clap:

Lol, lol.    Me either.    :smitten: :smitten:

I do think your therapist is useless.  I would be so ashamed of myself if I had so little to offer my patients.  Shame on her  :tickedoff:

Espy I hope you stay with us and give us some hope. Mary is right. We're about to lose it some days here. Can't see the end. It's too far. But still, let's keep pushing. As long as there's life there's hope.

I know what you mean about losing it everyday. We are alone here, in the dark, with only each other. In modern society, people aren’t accustomed to being sick a week without seeking medical help. And here we are suffering like never before with no definitive treatment plan or prognosis. Who wouldn’t lose it? Espy

It’s Been 10 weeks since my updose after this terrible crash. I’m left with crippling depression and fatigue. I am not living a functional life. I’ve held for close to 4 months. What am I waiting for? Maybe depression will lift if I taper?? Any thought?

I am popping in to wish all my besties a Happy New Year and touch base. First of all, Trishy, I am always in awe of your kind heart and amazing courage. That was a hard thing to do, but you did the right thing for the kittens and for yourself. I had to give us so many things that I truly wanted to do for others, just to survive this nightmare myself. Stut, I have been thinking about you. Almost there! Well done, my friend! I am six+ months off my k and feeling a bit better. Far from a success story, but I have seen slow progress. For those of you who don’t know me, I did just about everything wrong in my taper, I used the drug long term, I am old, I don’t follow a restrictive diet, and probably should have had the roof fall in on me after jumping. But nothin dramatic happened. I just stayed the same for over five months. Which was not very good, but survivable. I have had a few periods of being about 75% normal recently, though. Some sxs have dropped off entirely since month three. So, if anyone is worried about something they think they did that will lead to never healing, maybe knowing I did it too will help. Love to all, Espy

Aww Espy you bring me to tears. Thank you for being such a good friend to me and to all here at BB , we've missed you so much but I couldn't be happier for you! You fought the benzo devil hard and you won!!  :clap: :clap: :yippee:

I hope you have the best year of your life in 2020 my friend you deserve that and more.

I'm so happy you dropped in but I'm sure you've been busy making "Pappy's moonshine" up there in them hills :D:laugh: :laugh:

You know I love ya!

Trishy 😘💞

Trishy, I am so sorry, I know that was a hard thing to do.  Try not to dwell on it now .  We are all here for you.  Love you, Many M's.... :smitten: :smitten:

Thank you mmmmm's, I feel good about my decision, no regrets. I know those two babies will get snatched up quick they are too cute , so , I'm sure someone is going to find them irresistible like I did. I will always love and remember those babies and the short time I had with them.

Love ya lady,

TT too many T'S Trish ♥️

It’s Been 10 weeks since my updose after this terrible crash. I’m left with crippling depression and fatigue. I am not living a functional life. I’ve held for close to 4 months. What am I waiting for? Maybe depression will lift if I taper?? Any thought?

Hi mags, I'm sorry you're having such a horrible go of it. Unfortunately there is no telling how long it will take to feel better in a hold, it's different for everyone. There's also no way of knowing if a cut will make you feel better. In my opinion I would keep holding if I was you. It may take 5 or 6 months. If you don't get better after 6 months then maybe if I was you I'd attempt another cut but not before 6 months, I'd be too afraid to add insult to injury. I'm sorry I know this is much comfort  :(

TT, Trish ❤️

Mags, I feel pretty much like Trishy, you have held 4 months, another couple to give it a true chance.

Then if you still aren't seeing any improvement, a tiny cut.  But I would hold a little longer now,  just my opinion.  Good luck, Mary  :)

You got me,Trishy. Couldn’t resist the shine any longer. Now my gaba receptors are on life support. I haven’t won the war yet, just a couple of battles. But, that is something to thrill me, especially when I look back to 2019. We met in the summer of 2018. It was bad for me then and went steadily downhill. 2020 may not be perfect, but surely it will beat that. I plan to distract and focus on our campaign, with hopes of feeling like partying all night after the inauguration. Start shopping for your dress. Love, Espy

You got me,Trishy. Couldn’t resist the shine any longer. Now my gaba receptors are on life support. I haven’t won the war yet, just a couple of battles. But, that is something to thrill me, especially when I look back to 2019. We met in the summer of 2018. It was bad for me then and went steadily downhill. 2020 may not be perfect, but surely it will beat that. I plan to distract and focus on our campaign, with hopes of feeling like partying all night after the inauguration. Start shopping for your dress. Love, Espy

I was so happy you were enjoying the holidays some and your grandkids, I know that meant so much to you.  We might win this damn Campaign yet!!  DD, your job is to keep Espy sober so she can campaign  :laugh: :laugh:    Love you ladies, Mary 💜💜💜💜

Hi mags, I'm sorry you're having such a horrible go of it. Unfortunately there is no telling how long it will take to feel better in a hold, it's different for everyone. There's also no way of knowing if a cut will make you feel better. In my opinion I would keep holding if I was you. It may take 5 or 6 months. If you don't get better after 6 months then maybe if I was you I'd attempt another cut but not before 6 months, I'd be too afraid to add insult to injury. I'm sorry I know this is much comfort  :(

TT, Trish ❤️

Aw Trishy, I'm sorry about the kitties but you are right, they will get snatched up fast. And maybe someday when you are ready, you can give a grown cat a wonderful home, they are harder to adopt out anyway so you will be saving someone.

Espy glad you are feeling better! That is what we like to hear!

Suzy I know it sounds daunting getting a new therapist, but many people shop around before settling with one, it sounds like yours is just the wrong fit for you. Sorry you have to go through that with everything else.  :-\

Magnolis I'm sorry you are suffering. Hang in there! Long holds can take awhile, mine took a year and a half but I did eventually feel better..

Love to Mary, Stut, VNM, everyone else...

[21...]