Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Welcome Uphold and Mia you have been given very good advice so please understand this takes a very long time and a lot of acceptance and patience.l know this is hard however if you hold hopefully you will get to a place where things are more tolerable.looking forward to getting to know you better.love to you both.X

Stutt than you for the reassurance. Do you think this needing patient consent to remove your meds in a hospital, is the same in all European countries? I'm avoiding to say the country as now that my brain is working better I'm realizing I should worry about being found here, but you know where I'm from.

I hope you're getting a well deserved break from the Christmas fuss. You will come off in a few months, you will be free and happy Stutt. 💕🐘🐢🍀

I had a blood test today to check my abnormal protein level.  They also did a CBC and several other tests.  One thing that was low was my sodium level.  I've had to be hospitalized before cuz it was dangerously low and they did a IV slow drip overnight.  Hyponatremia.  I'm not sure what is causing this but with the bad headaches, cough, dizziness.  I've had ice packs on my head all day as well as heat. The back of my sk6ll feels numb and achy.  I have to get yearly MRAs cuz I have a growth or hardening on my pituitary gland and they need to monitor so it doesn't get bigger.  I'm worried and tired of these endless problems.  Any advice

Oh GP, I am so sorry you are going through so much.  I actually had a growth on my pituitary gland in my 40's.  It stopped my periods , damn I can't remember the name of the meds they gave me, but it went away.  It also reacted to other meds pretty easily.  Maybe Tim will remember.  I miss you and think about you everyday, you are such a great person.  LY, Mary 💜💜💜💜

Hi Stut,  right again! This day has been horrible so far, crazy pains everywhere and nowhere. A bit dizzy again at times.  Could be a reaction to my procedure last Tuesday. The contrasting fluid made the Diazepam leave my body faster than normal it said in the instruction manual. Today being the third day after Monday 's Diazepam, this could be the case. Or just stupid benzo playing it's tricks on me. Anyway,  I took a Ibuprofen,  so the pain is mostly gone at the moment. But I still feel awful.

I hope your day is OK,  dear Stut! The same goes for all of you here on the LSHG.  :smitten::thumbsup:

Morning my beautiful Queen.  Hoping you are feeling better, and am always happy to see your posts, you are so wise and realistic....best support there is....love you much my Queen, pet all the babies for Auntie Mary, take some care of you too woman!!  Lady Mary x hen 💜💜💜💜

Morning Trouch, sorry you are having a bad day, hope your symptoms ease soon.  :) Mary

Morning LHSG, love and miss you guys.  Hope everyone has a better day.  It seems we are having a struggle as a group, but we are together and will get through it.  Mary 💜

Hi Mary,

Things have improved a bit this afternoon. I even dragged myself outside for a short walk. The sharp pains are gone, but the normal pain just laughs at Ibuprofen. Maybe that's Fibromyalgia pain.

I saw in another thread on BB,  people were having a hard time too. Must be something in the air, or the time of year. Who knows.

Hope you're OK. Did you restart your taper again?

Afternoon everyone.. Well it is where I live. Just a quick pop in! Hope you're all doing ok.. I'm very busy with the new kittens! They take up a lot of my time.. Who knew 🤷.. I wanted to spend more time here after the holidays but these two new additions to the family are monopolizing all my time! 🙄 They are energy on steroids! They are napping in their room right now so I thought I'd hop on here quick. They are on a schedule. They eat every 4 hrs and they take two napsa day in their bedroom and they go to bed at 7 every night. I'm exhausted after they go to bed. I spend my day watching their every move. Luna likes to climb my curtains and jump in the bathtub and of course Eli follows suit! She's the leader he's the follower. I'd be a liar if I said this wasn't stressful.. It is! I love them but this is not easy. They are getting fixed on February 5th. I hope they lose a little of their energy after that 😳

Love to all, thinking of everyone..

TT, too many T'S of 🤔.. Oh whatever 😱🐈

Hi Mary,

Things have improved a bit this afternoon. I even dragged myself outside for a short walk. The sharp pains are gone, but the normal pain just laughs at Ibuprofen. Maybe that's Fibromyalgia pain.

I saw in another thread on BB,  people were having a hard time too. Must be something in the air, or the time of year. Who knows.

Hope you're OK. Did you restart your taper again?

No, since my crossover took more time than I was expecting, because pharmacy couldn't get generic

they promised, going to hold longer.  Feeling pretty decent (knock wood) so want to give the Hold a good chance of really helping  ;).  Glad you are feeling better  :)

Afternoon everyone.. Well it is where I live. Just a quick pop in! Hope you're all doing ok.. I'm very busy with the new kittens! They take up a lot of my time.. Who knew 🤷.. I wanted to spend more time here after the holidays but these two new additions to the family are monopolizing all my time! 🙄 They are energy on steroids! They are napping in their room right now so I thought I'd hop on here quick. They are on a schedule. They eat every 4 hrs and they take two napsa day in their bedroom and they go to bed at 7 every night. I'm exhausted after they go to bed. I spend my day watching their every move. Luna likes to climb my curtains and jump in the bathtub and of course Eli follows suit! She's the leader he's the follower. I'd be a liar if I said this wasn't stressful.. It is! I love them but this is not easy. They are getting fixed on February 5th. I hope they lose a little of their energy after that 😳

Trishy, I was thinking about you on my way home, getting a little worried, but I must say, that is hilarious  :2funny: :2funny:  I can just see you running after them all day  :D.  Truthfully though, that's the reason I don't have another dog yet, between my back and the stress of a new pet, so you have my sympathy too girlfriend.  Love you Tooo Many T's, MM :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Stut,

Thanks for asking.. I have had a nasty cold for the last 5 days or so.. so much mucous.. I came to visit my bf for New Years and he was sick, so basically I have been sick for all of 2020! But I am definitely starting to improve. It's better than withdrawal...

Hi all, just want to pop in and say hi.  I’ve been lurking the last couple days.  Feeling low about my attempt to make a cut (dry) from 5 mg V to 4.5 mg.  I felt somewhat good (started doing some restorative yoga, family mentioned I was looking and acting better at the holiday, etc, but yes I still had symptoms.  And to get honest I got a case of the “hurry up and be done with this” and a lot of that was from doing what I call “compare and despair” looking at my friends photos on Facebook, seeing how much of my soul has been robbed by this drug.  Sigh.

So anyways I guess the good thing is (maybe - I’m no expert) my cut was only 3 days).  I guess I just need to Hoooollllddd longer.  And not obsess about it and over analyze it and think should I be doing liquid or still continue with dry tablets.  OMG stop!  Lol. 

Anyways. 

Love you guys and oh ya, Happy New Year!  🎊

Trishy, I was thinking about you on my way home, getting a little worried, but I must say, that is hilarious  :2funny: :2funny:  I can just see you running after them all day  :D.  Truthfully though, that's the reason I don't have another dog yet, between my back and the stress of a new pet, so you have my sympathy too girlfriend.  Love you Tooo Many T's, MM :smitten: :smitten:

Omg mmmmm's those tiny little tigers 🐅 have me on the run all day! I just put them to bed phew!! Day over! I should be a size 6 again in no time flat :D.. seriously though I can't believe how much of my time they take up. I also have to work my day around their feedings. I feed them at 6 ,10,2,6.. then bed at 7 after a game of tease with the fishing pole 😂😂 they run me! I can't imagine tapering this month I'm so keyed up all the time bc of them it's even hard for me to shut my mind off at night to sleep 😳 they're getting fixed February 5 th and I'm worried bc Eli likes to nurse on his Luna!😳 I called the vet and she said it's bc he was taken away from his mother too early ☹️ she said it's nothing to worry about though. He tries to do it on me too!!😳 He goes after my neck and my ear to try and nurse poor baby! Anyway, I'm afraid for Luna's stitches after she's fixed bc of this. He's so attached to her and I'm afraid he's going to bust her stitches open with rough housing and trying to nurse. He'll recover much quicker then she will they said.. So I don't know how I'm going to protect her during her healing time 🤷.. So that's my life right now ain't it great! 😁😱

TT, too many 🐈 tracks behind me👱‍♀️🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾

Love ya lady ❤️

Oh and twinny if you read YES THE LIONS DID GET ME!! THEY'RE HOLDING ME HOSTAGE IN MY OWN HOME!😳🐅👱‍♀️🐅😱

Love you tiny lady,

LST ❤️

Hi all, just want to pop in and say hi.  I’ve been lurking the last couple days.  Feeling low about my attempt to make a cut (dry) from 5 mg V to 4.5 mg.  I felt somewhat good (started doing some restorative yoga, family mentioned I was looking and acting better at the holiday, etc, but yes I still had symptoms.  And to get honest I got a case of the “hurry up and be done with this” and a lot of that was from doing what I call “compare and despair” looking at my friends photos on Facebook, seeing how much of my soul has been robbed by this drug.  Sigh.

So anyways I guess the good thing is (maybe - I’m no expert) my cut was only 3 days).  I guess I just need to Hoooollllddd longer.  And not obsess about it and over analyze it and think should I be doing liquid or still continue with dry tablets.  OMG stop!  Lol. 

Anyways. 

Meems, Happy New Year to you!  Believe me Meems, we have all done it.  We just want off and get our brains going in a loop.  You wil be fine.  Hope you fell better quickly, always here for you!  Mary 💜💜

Hi Stut,

Thanks for asking.. I have had a nasty cold for the last 5 days or so.. so much mucous.. I came to visit my bf for New Years and he was sick, so basically I have been sick for all of 2020! But I am definitely starting to improve. It's better than withdrawal...

Feel better Olive. Lots of fluid and chicken soup, really chicken soup is good for you the steam from it will help. :therethere::smitten:

Anyways. 

Holding is never easy meems totally get it. Happy New year to you as well. 🥳🎉❤️

Omg mmmmm's those tiny little tigers 🐅 have me on the run all day! I just put them to bed phew!! Day over! I should be a size 6 again in no time flat :D.. seriously though I can't believe how much of my time they take up. I also have to work my day around their feedings. I feed them at 6 ,10,2,6.. then bed at 7 after a game of tease with the fishing pole 😂😂 they run me! I can't imagine tapering this month I'm so keyed up all the time bc of them it's even hard for me to shut my mind off at night to sleep 😳 they're getting fixed February 5 th and I'm worried bc Eli likes to nurse on his Luna!😳 I called the vet and she said it's bc he was taken away from his mother too early ☹️ she said it's nothing to worry about though. He tries to do it on me too!!😳 He goes after my neck and my ear to try and nurse poor baby! Anyway, I'm afraid for Luna's stitches after she's fixed bc of this. He's so attached to her and I'm afraid he's going to bust her stitches open with rough housing and trying to nurse. He'll recover much quicker then she will they said.. So I don't know how I'm going to protect her during her healing time 🤷.. So that's my life right now ain't it great! 😁😱

Love ya lady ❤️

Oh and twinny if you read YES THE LIONS DID GET ME!! THEY'RE HOLDING ME HOSTAGE IN MY OWN HOME!😳🐅👱‍♀️🐅😱

Love you tiny lady,

LST ❤️

Lol, lol.

The vet doesn't have any idea how to make sure Luna is okay.  When I had my cats fixed, I only had one at a time, so they just layed around and healed.  But I wil say this, if Eli accidentally hurts her, she is going to give him a mean hiss and slap.  That may be all it takes .  Do you have cages or pet carriers they might could lay around and heal in?  Just a thought.  Don't worry about cutting, get the babies settled, and fixed, you'll know when you are ready.  Love ya girlfriend, you are a good kitty mommy  :D:laugh:  Many Many M's 🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾 pets and kisses to Luna and Eli.    💜💜💜💜💜

Thanks Trishy- enjoy your new babies🐱. They grow up so fast.  I have two seniors.

Thanks meems they are little loves that's for sure.  :) #kittylove🐈❤️

Good night lovey ladies of the LHSG and also our great guys who are few and far between around here but just as important!

Wishing you all a peaceful night..I must rest now I have another big day tomorrow chasing tiny tigers 😱🐅

Peace and healing everyone,

TT, tootles ❤️

Goodnight everyone, just peeking in to see how everyone is holding on. I'm starting to handle the effects of 40mg so may do a cut in 2 weeks of 2mg.

Btw can one have a window while tapering?

:smitten:

Happy new year everyone!

It’s been quite a while again since I’ve been on.  I hope everyone had good holidays.

Trishy it sounds like your new furry friends are keeping you pretty busy.  Glad you’re doing well. 

Uphold, I hear that you are in the thick of withdrawal symptoms now.  A year ago I was in benzo hell.  Barely functional and very sick.  I started holding my dose constant about this time a year ago.  I held for 5 months before I ever so gradually felt better enough to start a slow taper last June.  Things have improved dramatically now compared with where I was.  But the improvement is extremely slow.  Improvement was barely perceptible just like they say, you look back a month or two and you can see definite improvement but a few days is not perceptible.

I guess my message is the time required for improvement can be extremely slow and requires a ton of patience, but it does get better.  You will too.  That’s why a few months for a hold is not a long time.  You will see improvement over a long time when holding.

I’m feeling pretty good now, but still have a long way to go to get to zero

Hang in there everyone, keep plugging away!

Bill

Love ya lady ❤️

Love you tiny lady,

LST ❤️

Lol, lol.

The vet doesn't have any idea how to make sure Luna is okay.  When I had my cats fixed, I only had one at a time, so they just layed around and healed.  But I wil say this, if Eli accidentally hurts her, she is going to give him a mean hiss and slap.  That may be all it takes .  Do you have cages or pet carriers they might could lay around and heal in?  Just a thought.  Don't worry about cutting, get the babies settled, and fixed, you'll know when you are ready.  Love ya girlfriend, you are a good kitty mommy  :D:laugh:  Many Many M's 🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾 pets and kisses to Luna and Eli.    💜💜💜💜💜

Hey mmmmm's my vet isn't fixing them. The spaying/neutering was included in the adoption fee. I haven't even discussed this with my vet. I will ask questions though the morning of. I guess I could call them as well. All they told me was I was going to have to keep them from rough housing bc Luna will require more time to heal and she'll have stitches.. Not sure if Eli will have stitches, but it's just snip, snip for him! 😂..

Not sure when I'll cut again. It won't be this coming week that's for sure! I have a hint of breathlessness when I run around so I'll sit tight until I feel that's gone. Pots like sxs are mildly present so I don't want to push it. 😔

Love ya girl!

TT, trying, truly to tame the tigers 😂🐅❤️

Happy new year everyone!

It’s been quite a while again since I’ve been on.  I hope everyone had good holidays.

Trishy it sounds like your new furry friends are keeping you pretty busy.  Glad you’re doing well. 

Uphold, I hear that you are in the thick of withdrawal symptoms now.  A year ago I was in benzo hell.  Barely functional and very sick.  I started holding my dose constant about this time a year ago.  I held for 5 months before I ever so gradually felt better enough to start a slow taper last June.  Things have improved dramatically now compared with where I was.  But the improvement is extremely slow.  Improvement was barely perceptible just like they say, you look back a month or two and you can see definite improvement but a few days is not perceptible.

I guess my message is the time required for improvement can be extremely slow and requires a ton of patience, but it does get better.  You will too.  That’s why a few months for a hold is not a long time.  You will see improvement over a long time when holding.

I’m feeling pretty good now, but still have a long way to go to get to zero

Hang in there everyone, keep plugging away!

Bill

Happy New year Bill!! I was just thinking of you! I was going to post something to you today! So glad you checked in! I hope you're doing well, my pots like sxs are back but ever so mild. I think I'll hold until they go.. hope they go 🙏😳.. I wonder Bill if the pots like sxs will ever completely be gone or if I have to wait to be completely off to heal fully?? How about you, do you have the pots like sxs still? I'd love to know if you do. Give me a shout out when you can.

Be well my friend!

Trish

[27...]