Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Vali, I have been gone awhile, but I went back and read some posts trying to catch up with everyone.

You are a very positive force for everyone even when you feel down or scared.  You do so much more than you can see, but somebody looking in, can see a bigger picture.  I hope you feel better soon, you try so hard to help others.  Your day will come and you never have to worry about being a downer.

Mary ♥️♥️♥️

Heathcliff, I'm sorry you are still suffering 2 months after jump.. that is discouraging for sure. I bet you will pop back very soon. You are off Valium all together, hooray! I can't WAIT to be able to say that!

Final, sending you big love too!

Thank you Olive. 

Troch, I'm so glad your procedure is over! And you handled it like a champ. It sounds like that pain was maybe gas from them inflating your bowel. What an ordeal! Glad it is over. I bet your results will be fine.

VNM you are a wonderful energy in this group.

Mary, welcome back!!!!!!!

Thank you Olive Kitty but the wds are killing me lately and I never see when I'll be able to taper and I'm terrified of holding too in case I'm ever hospitalized and yanked off which is a recurring fear I have so I don't think I'm a very positive energy at the moment. The psychiatrist used to love to talk to me and today in our monthly appointment he couldn't wait to see me out the door. I'm no longer buying into the positive talk BS. I'm becoming a bitter old woman. I only pretend when I have to of course which is with other people but (family, my dear daughter, work), but when I'm alone with myself or with the psych dr what's the point in pretending? I have to assume that I don't KNOW if I'll ever come off. I'm severely kindled, long term user and this sucks in general.

I hope everyone is having a better day and I hope I can come to cheer people up some day. Now I'm just a downer.

I hear you Vali.. have you ever heard of toxic positivity? It's a thing. Of course, it is always good to have a good outlook on things, but when things are really shitty the worst thing someone can say to you is, 'cheer up! If you have a good attitude, you can accomplish anything!' Or some bull@$%& like that. It is ok to own your hard feelings! The trick is trying not to let them get on anyone else. Here, it's fine. We are all here because we are suffering and looking for support and to help support. And anyone who doesn't want to be around suffering people should probly log out! You are very good at helping support people, and if you are not feeling well or feeling scared or whatever, it's totally fine to let that out.

I get the OCD fear thing. Mine is that I am going to be sick or someone around me is going to be sick. It's called emetophobia. It sucks! Your feelings are real, even though the probability that you are going to get C/t in the hospital is very rare, the fear of it is very real. I guess you could take measures such as stockpiling benzos and have some on your person at all times,  or something like that. I also remember you talking about having your Dr write a letter that you can carry around, did that happen? Another option is to write the letter yourself so if you were subconscious they might find it? Maybe something like that would help ease your mind a bit. Can anyone think of any other ideas?

Are heating pads only meant to last 3 months now?  I am blazing through them.

My cough is back.  I have my inhalers (my GP says asthma and if I went to ER they would say all tests are negative and you have anxiety).  I wonder if that’s what they’ll put on my death certificate.  :tickedoff:

My cough is back.  I have my inhalers (my GP says asthma and if I went to ER they would say all tests are negative and you have anxiety).  I wonder if that’s what they’ll put on my death certificate.  :tickedoff:

GP, mine are Sable off Amazon and even as much as I use them, they last longer than that.  I really like mine.  10 settings, as long as it's on 4 or lower, it will stay on an hour and a half, auto cut off.

I am sorry your cough is back, hope it doesn't hang around.  Mary ♥️♥️♥️

Well then, time for another Amazon buy.  No wonder their stock is so high!!

I hope Lilgma feels better soon. A broken hip.  Poor thing.

Well then, time for another Amazon buy.  No wonder their stock is so high!!

I hope Lilgma feels better soon. A broken hip.  Poor thing.

I know, that just sucks and dealing with wd at same time.  Lilgma we are thinking of you!!  :smitten: :smitten:

Hi all,

Thanks for your kind and supporting words!  Procedure done, now all I can do is wait for the result.

Had a good sleep. Some 6,5 hours. Felt good after waking up. (!) Slowly but surely the muscle pain in my outside thighs came back. But no anxiety or nausea. Will try not to worry too much about all of those new and crazy symptoms.  But, as many of you know, that's easier said than done.

Hope you all had a good sleep as well. May we all have a better day.

Hi all,

Thanks for your kind and supporting words!  Procedure done, now all I can do is to wait for the result.

Had a good sleep. Some 6,5 hours. Felt good after waking up. (!) Slowly but surely the muscle pain in my outside thighs came back. But no anxiety or nausea. Will try not to worry too much about all of those new and crazy symptoms.  But, as many of you know, that's easier said than done.

Hope you all had a good sleep as well. May we all have a better day.

Morning Troch l am glad you slept better.Well done on going to the procedure always the worst to battle through the anticipatory anxiety.l really hope the pain eases as the day progresses.l would never be away from the doctors if l went with new symptoms.l know health anxiety makes this so hard however there will never a better time to work on the problem.l know you will get through this.You are strong and it shows in your posts.Try to enjoy at least some of your day.love to you.X

Morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

I haven't caught up on posts however l am delighted to see our lady Mary back.Well hen how are you? Feeling any better? You have been missed.Keep holding it is time to give yourself a break.Try not to overdo the screen time.Will be on later in the week.love you my lady Mary Hen.X

Morning Janice have to say it is obvious by your posts you are feeling down.l will say this l have never in all my years saw anyone being yanked of their meds unless they were having an allergic reaction to said medication.Also if they are thinking of changing meds they will talk to you about it before they do anything and you can withhold consent.l know we all ruminate in withdrawal so hopefully that will give you a little something to think about.As for anything else only time will tell.love you.X

Morning Trish, Suzy GP Olive Bill Gilly Intend Valley Free Meems Nova Miyu Esperanza Final and everyone here hoping everyone has a withdrawal free day.love to you all.X

Morning Heath you will get through this honey.l know the importance of slow tapering l believe it is the only way to do this.l cannot afford to be nonfunctional in any way so l will continue on turtling off.Hang in there we are here when you want to talk.love to you.X

Morning Lil sorry to hear you broke your pelvis.It is the last thing you needed.Thinking of you my lovely.Keep doing the exercises.love to you.X

Morning GP go and get your lungs checked please.lf your lungs are clear then it will ease off given enough time.l definitely wouldn't be taking any more steroids.Better to be safe than sorry.love you X

Hey everyone!!  I am so glad you heard from Lilgma, I think of her often.  Glad your procedure is over Trouch, never a pleasant experience.  The kitties are chasing you around and our Trishy used that as an excuse to Shop!!  Hmmmmmm :D. I started to pm you Saturday Trishy to say go Brady, now I am glad I didn't, but at least the Texans are still in......Go Texans.

DD, so glad you are feeling better. My eye quit hurting. Now just really blurry.  Missed you girl.  Tim can really mess up my routine too but I would still prefer him here.  Vali you are really a great friend to everyone here.  GP, will be reading your blog today, hope you are ok.

I had my pm Dr yesterday, it was a great visit, told her about your insurance Trishy, so she is going to always make sure my prescriptions so I don't run into any trouble and she said for first time, she doesn't care how long this takes and never to feel like I have to push through any issues.  That really was great to hear.  Missed you guys, thought of you all a lot.  Hope to be on more.  Love you all, Mary

♥️♥️♥️♥️

😳😳😳🤔😧😉. love you my lady Mary.X

I haven't caught up on posts however l am delighted to see our lady Mary back.Well hen how are you? Feeling any better? You have been missed.Keep holding it is time to give yourself a break.Try not to overdo the screen time.Will be on later in the week.love you my lady Mary Hen.X

Morning Janice have to say it is obvious by your posts you are feeling down.l will say this l have never in all my years saw anyone being yanked of their meds unless they were having an allergic reaction to said medication.Also if they are thinking of changing meds they will talk to you about it before they do anything and you can withhold consent.l know we all ruminate in withdrawal so hopefully that will give you a little something to think about.As for anything else only time will tell.love you.X

Morning Trish, Suzy GP Olive Bill Gilly Intend Valley Free Meems Nova Miyu Esperanza Final and everyone here hoping everyone has a withdrawal free day.love to you all.X

Stutt you are an angel, you have this way of putting our minds at ease for a while,(until OCD comes worming back in). As a nurse you've never seen in hospital people being denied their intake of the benzo they were on? I see some posts (I don't want to mention any buddies but I know who), who said they were yanked off the meds in the hospital by an ignorant doctor. In my case, I've been to several doctors who were convinced that 2.5 valium is nothing and I can just CT it (which of course I could in the past but having come off twice, now I have tried and I have almost died at the attempt). So that's why I think if I ended up in hospital, as MOST doctors think 2.5 valium can just be cut off, they'd do it. That's the reason for my fear. I'm sorry to pester you with my OCD questions.

I hope you're doing ok. It's such a relief to see that you're so close to the end. Please hold at 0.5 for as long as you need to Stutt. I was reading Tweed's blog yesterday and she went into acute wd after two weeks of taking her last 0.25 dose and her taper was not too fast. I think your taper is much slower than hers but still, I want  you to be ok in the end.

Morning, have to say it is obvious by your posts you are feeling down.l will say this l have never in all my years saw anyone being yanked of their meds unless they were having an allergic reaction to said medication.Also if they are thinking of changing meds they will talk to you about it before they do anything and you can withhold consent.l know we all ruminate in withdrawal so hopefully that will give you a little something to think about.As for anything else only time will tell.love you.X

Stutt you are an angel, you have this way of putting our minds at ease for a while,(until OCD comes worming back in). As a nurse you've never seen in hospital people being denied their intake of the benzo they were on? I see some posts (I don't want to mention any buddies but I know who), who said they were yanked off the meds in the hospital by an ignorant doctor. In my case, I've been to several doctors who were convinced that 2.5 valium is nothing and I can just CT it (which of course I could in the past but having come off twice, now I have tried and I have almost died at the attempt). So that's why I think if I ended up in hospital, as MOST doctors think 2.5 valium can just be cut off, they'd do it. That's the reason for my fear. I'm sorry to pester you with my OCD questions.

I hope you're doing ok. It's such a relief to see that you're so close to the end. Please hold at 0.5 for as long as you need to Stutt. I was reading Tweed's blog yesterday and she went into acute wd after two weeks of taking her last 0.25 dose and her taper was not too fast. I think your taper is much slower than hers but still, I want  you to be ok in the end.

Hand on heart, never in my career have l saw a drug being refused by a doctor.Now l can tell you when you go to the hospital all they want to do is get you treated and home as quickly as possible.They will prescribe what is in your record without question.They must talk with you to get your consent to what they see as recommended treatment.You have the right to disagree with any treatment they offer.l swear to you honey you will not be yanked off anything.l know people here have a lot of different stories however l know you can step up and speak for yourself.Remember honey you have more rights now that you had 10 years ago so try not to let those thoughts get you down.Try to have a good day honey.love you.X

Stutt hi, sorry I was working. Thank you for all this reassurance. It really helps. I'll put it on my progress log if that's OK.

What do you mean that now I have more rights that ten years ago? I don't understand 🤔

Stutt hi, sorry I was working. Thank you for all this reassurance. It really helps. I'll put it on my progress log if that's OK.

What do you mean that now I have more rights that ten years ago? I don't understand 🤔

I believe it means the vast increase in patient rights.

I believe it means the vast increase in patient rights.

Thank you  :thumbsup:

Morning LHSG....thinking of you all.  Hope for a better day.  Very glad we are not at war.  Love to everybody!!  💜💜💜💜💜.  Mary  :)

How do u know when to do a long hold?

In June of last year I did a huge cut triple of what I cut! (I know) it was a mistake I went through horrible sxs instantly for about 3 months then got better && then better however not back to my baseline :( any small cut kills me if I continue to cut the rate I’m going it’s will take me 4 years to taper off on top of the 2 I have already done :( advise plz ty

Hey M1, welcome to Long Hold.  I was reading your signature and you sure were put on and taken off a lot of meds, that definitely could be playing a roll.

People usually consider a long Hold when they are suffering and just can't get their symptoms to stabilize.  Stabilization just means tolerable.  If the small cuts now are making you suffer, holding may be a good idea.  A hold is usually at least 3 months.  It gives your brain and central nervous system an opportunity to calm down.  Now during that time, you wil probably feel worse before feeling better.  Don't change any meds , hold everything right where you are.  Holding is hard because we want off these meds so badly but pushing through usually causes more issues and takes longer to heal than by taking time to hold.  You are more than welcome to hang out here, ask questions or just chat.  If we can help, please let us know.  Good luck !!  Mary 🍀

Hi all, just here to tell you my day was surprisingly good. Thanks to a good sleep, I' m sure. Took two walks today, the weather being sunny and mild. Went for a spin in my car. Visited a friend for a chat and some tea. Was on Skype with a cousin, who is on holiday in the German Alps.  Still feel OK. No fatigue today, hardly any pain after earlier this morning. So grateful for this. Let's hope there will be many more days like this.

Hope you all have a good day!  :thumbsup:

Thank you, Mary,  I' m sure that's going to help me big time!  :thumbsup:

Glad you're well enough to be here again, doing your stuff. :smitten:

[dd...]