Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Tt, I love kittens! I have had cats my whole life. I would get one onow but I probably should wait.  Storm would be jealous..lol. Y9y are a great cat mama too! I love hearing about the new kitties! You might be a size 4 8n a couple weeks with all this eunning around!! Ly dd 😸😺🐾

Omg Suzy, they're exhausting me. They are all over me all day. I went shopping for a couple hrs today just to get a break 😳.. They want to be on my body when they are not playing. I had to play another 🎣 fishing pole game tonight for a half hour so I could put them to bed.. phew! My babies are fresh pots 🤦‍♀️.. hope they grow up fast 🙏🤞😱

LU,

TT ♥️

So here I sit, headache every single day. My prescription for my migraines does not take these headaches away. Nope, not these!

And jelly legs are back.

I guess this is what they all told me when they said you are not 100% home free when you walk off your valium.

I am at just a little bit  past my 2 month walk off of valium after a really slow and careful taper that took 3 1/2 years.

I had a 6 hour parathesias on day 8 of my jump. No big deal. It went right away.

But now I am experiencing headaches and jelly legs and on and off internal shakes. .....I guess the valium was not thoroughly out of my system even after two months!!

So I guess I’m still going to have to tough it out a bit longer!

But no worries, I don’t like it one bit, butI CAN DO IT!

Oh bother! Will this ever end?

Yeah...it will....one day............

Love and prayers for everyone, Heathcliff

Wishing you all the best Heath. I hope your sxs abate soon and you can start living your life with all this benzo hell behind you.

Trish ❤️

Thanks  Trish ! And all the best to you. I’ve seen you around here  for awhile now. glad to see you are fighting the fight  :boxer:  and not giving in to the benzo devil !  :oXo::boxer:

Remember, slow and steady wins the race! :therethere::mybuddy:

Heath❤️

Thank you Heath! I'm gonna give it everything I got! Take that benzo devil  :boxer: :boxer: :thumbsup:

Hey mmmmm's missing you. Hope you're getting better Girlfriend. It would be so nice to see a post from you but your health comes before anything else.

Love ya woman,

TT, ❤️

Hi OliveKittty,

No, today is the day of the procedure. It's now  7.30 am  where I live, and the procedure is at 10.35 am. Just had my last small bottle of yuck. Hardly slept. Spend half the night in the bathroom. Awful. Another couple of hours of hurrying to the bathroom ahead of me.

Hope I get all clean inside. It takes a week before I get the phonecall. So more stress and anxiety again. When does it ever end?

But not knowing wether you're OK or not, is too. That's why we all get so many tests done, right? Hoping and praying for a good result.

Time for another bathroom visit... :(

Troschetter good morning. I don't know if you've left to have your test already. Please know I'm rooting for you and I think everything will be OK because they do millions of colonoscopies every year. I would be as scared as you are because I hate hospitals in bwd, but I've read many posts of people even having major surgery in their taper and everything turned out OK in the end. In a few hours you'll be back here telling us how well everything went. 🙏🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

Hi Valiumnomore,

I haven't left for the hospital yet. At 10 am. a taxi will pick me up. The procedure is from10.35  am. I' m  really nervous at the moment,  but can handle it. I' m having a colonography done. With a CT-scan. A 3d image is the result of that. It's called a " virtual colonoscopy ".

So no tubes, cameras inside, but just a gas to enlarge the colon. Might be painful. Hoping all goes well. And praying for a good result. I will hear that Wednesday next week.

Thanks for rooting for me.

Hi, I'm back from my CT-scan. Boy, was I nervous. The procedure was rather painful, but doable. After it had finished,  I got up and felt a sharp pain in my right side. It just about took my breath away. I had to sit there for a while and ended up on a stretcher. The radiologist doctor did an inspection of the scan, but saw nothing to indicate some kind of complication. Thankfully the pain left after about 20 minutes. Now I'm at home, had some oatmeal and a glass of water. These kind of enterprises wear my out completely. The diarrhea,  hardly any sleep last night, the stress and the pain have taken its toll. Time to recover from this. Results Wednesday next week.

Thank,  Valiumnomore,  for your splendid advise. Hope your day is OK.

Hi, I'm back from my CT-scan. Boy, was I nervous. The procedure was rather painful, but doable. After it had finished,  I got up and felt a sharp pain in my right side. It just about took my breath away. I had to sit there for a while and ended up on a stretcher. The radiologist doctor did an inspection of the scan, but saw nothing to indicate some kind of complication. Thankfully the pain left after about 20 minutes. Now I'm at home, had some oatmeal and a glass of water. These kind of enterprises wear my out completely. The diarrhea,  hardly any sleep last night, the stress and the pain have taken its toll. Time to recover from this. Results Wednesday next week.

Thank,  Valiumnomore,  for your splendid advise. Hope your day is OK.

Trotsch you managed this like a hero. Now take a well deserved break from all this. Everything will be fine the rest of the week as you've already gotten over with this.

From Lilgma:

Lilgma wants me to say hi as we were exchanging a couple pms to see how we're doing. She wants me to tell this group that she remembers us often.

Unfortunately in New Year's Eve she broke her hip and had to go to the hospital of course. Gladly that didn't mess up her taper and she's recuperating at home but of course this has been so very stressful for her and on top of that she can't walk for now.  She says she's not ready to jump on the forums just now but she doesn't mind me telling you all about her hip and maybe get a few prayers going her way  ;)

We all remember you too in case you're reading Lilgma. I've seen several posts mentioning you here and there. You are loved.

Hey everyone!!  I am so glad you heard from Lilgma, I think of her often.  Glad your procedure is over Trouch, never a pleasant experience.  The kitties are chasing you around and our Trishy used that as an excuse to Shop!!  Hmmmmmm :D. I started to pm you Saturday Trishy to say go Brady, now I am glad I didn't, but at least the Texans are still in......Go Texans.

DD, so glad you are feeling better. My eye quit hurting. Now just really blurry.  Missed you girl.  Tim can really mess up my routine too but I would still prefer him here.  Vali you are really a great friend to everyone here.  GP, will be reading your blog today, hope you are ok.

I had my pm Dr yesterday, it was a great visit, told her about your insurance Trishy, so she is going to always make sure my prescriptions so I don't run into any trouble and she said for first time, she doesn't care how long this takes and never to feel like I have to push through any issues.  That really was great to hear.  Missed you guys, thought of you all a lot.  Hope to be on more.  Love you all, Mary

♥️♥️♥️♥️

Hi Mary,

Good to hear your eye has stopped hurting!

Glad you have the Dr on your side now. A big relief, I' m sure. One less thing to worry about!

Enjoy your day,  if you can.

Hi Mary,

Good to hear your eye has stopped hurting!

Glad you have the Dr on your side now. A big relief, I' m sure. One less thing to worry about!

Enjoy your day,  if you can.

Hey Trouch, it's good to be back.  It's really lonely without bb.  :)

DD, I have emailed enso again and just told the rep, I don't know what to do, am really disappointed in them and could she help me or not.  :tickedoff:    My Dr actually recommended something they are using in their office yesterday, I will try if I can't get the enso  :(. Just really disappointing.

Hope your back is better, love you.  💜💜💜💜

Hi Mmm,

So glad you eye is ferling a little better. I sm very dissapointed with enso too. This is rediculous l. I am sorry i had no idea how long this would take. Very upsetting.  :tickedoff: It is good to see you back. Glad to hear your dr. Is supporting you with the taper.  What a relief!! Love you dd ♥️♥️♥️🐕

Hi Mmm,

So glad you eye is ferling a little better. I sm very dissapointed with enso too. This is rediculous l. I am sorry i had no idea how long this would take. Very upsetting.  :tickedoff: It is good to see you back. Glad to hear your dr. Is supporting you with the taper.  What a relief!! Love you dd ♥️♥️♥️🐕

It is disappointing  :(. I wonder if they are filling Dr orders first.  I just don't get it.  Will let ya know if I hear from her today.  It's so good to be back, it's lonely without bb and my days were long.  LY2  :D

Hi Janice,

Poor lilgma. I really.miss here. I always wonder hoe she is. Poor thing. If you talk with her let her know wr are thinking of her. I har this drug!! Love Suzy

Hi Janice,

Poor lilgma. I really.miss here. I always wonder hoe she is. Poor thing. If you talk with her let her know wr are thinking of her. I har this drug!! Love Suzy

💕💐

Troch, I'm so glad your procedure is over! And you handled it like a champ. It sounds like that pain was maybe gas from them inflating your bowel. What an ordeal! Glad it is over. I bet your results will be fine.

VNM you are a wonderful energy in this group.

Mary, welcome back!!!!!!!

Troch, I'm so glad your procedure is over! And you handled it like a champ. It sounds like that pain was maybe gas from them inflating your bowel. What an ordeal! Glad it is over. I bet your results will be fine.

VNM you are a wonderful energy in this group.

Mary, welcome back!!!!!!!

Thank you Olive Kitty but the wds are killing me lately and I never see when I'll be able to taper and I'm terrified of holding too in case I'm ever hospitalized and yanked off which is a recurring fear I have so I don't think I'm a very positive energy at the moment. The psychiatrist used to love to talk to me and today in our monthly appointment he couldn't wait to see me out the door. I'm no longer buying into the positive talk BS. I'm becoming a bitter old woman. I only pretend when I have to of course which is with other people but (family, my dear daughter, work), but when I'm alone with myself or with the psych dr what's the point in pretending? I have to assume that I don't KNOW if I'll ever come off. I'm severely kindled, long term user and this sucks in general.

I hope everyone is having a better day and I hope I can come to cheer people up some day. Now I'm just a downer.

Hi Valiumnomore,

It's OK to feel down. We all do sometimes. And there's always people to give us a little push in the back and put a hand on our shoulder.

Your support and postings are an inspiration and a joy to read.

Sometimes it feels like we're never going to get out of this shit.

Many of us know how fear draws all energy out of us, physically and mentally.

But every day there's a chance of feeling a bit better.

BB people help and support eachother.

Our time will come, even if we don't have a clue of how and when.

You're strong.

Thank you OliveKittty,

It was the gas. Boy, did it hurt. But it was gone after half an hour. The nurse told me it was slowly dissolving in my body. Guess she was right.

Now my bowel is slowly filling up again with food. There's still a lot of rumbling going on. But that's OK.

Hoping and praying for a good outcome.

Hope you had a better day.

[c7...]