Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Good morning emoji support group 😉.l really hope everyone has a good New Year.

I don't know how your system works my friends however if you can afford to pay l would do it.Trish phone the pharmacy and ask for a price my love.lt will stop you worrying about it.l would also ring your doctor and ask him about your script.l don't really know what else to suggest.lt sounds like your system does seem to be a bit broken.

I just wanted to pop in to say let's hope this decade is better than the last.Love to you all my lovely friends.

Love and hugs Stut X

Hey twin,

I'm not worried about paying for it.. More like being able to get enough pills is more what worries me but it does piss me off that they are refusing to pay for the full rx  :tickedoff: . Our health Care system is a joke and insurance companies and big pharma just have their way with us, we're at their mercy unfortunately. It'll be ok twin I'll figure this out..

I wish you the happiest New Year  Stut. Thanks for always being here for me.. It's not easy being my twin I know 🙄  ;)

Love you much!

LST 😘♥️ 🥳🎉🎊

Wishing everyone a happy, new year wherever you are in the world.

I hope we all continue to heal the way we need to and move forward into this year with renewed hope for better health and the strength to continue our journey.  🎆🐱🐶

Morning LHSG hoping everyone survived the New Year.l am sure it was very exciting 😕.

Morning Twiny you are a great sis a bit of a drama queen however you keep me smelling great so that is all that matters in the end.Have to say l didn't really understand this big pharma business that everyone talked about now l kinda understand.Speak to your doctor my lovely and see what is happening with your script.l can only hope that the script is for the full amount.l hope you have a good day honey.Give your lovely husband a hug from his favourite sis in law.love you my lST X

Morning Final how are you doing?Has the depression lifted any?l am thinking of you my lovely.love to you.X

Morning Troch how did you sleep last night?Is the pain much the same?I hope you start to see improvement soon my love.Hang in there.love to you.X

Morning Suzy l would have to agree with your mother misplaced guilt is a very distructive emotion.l think a lot of people with anxiety feel guilty most of the time which makes us feel crappier than we already feel.I used to feel guilty a lot of the time however thankfully that seems to have lessened a lot of the years.l hope you are starting to feel a little better honey? love you.X

. Morning Intend happy New Year to you and Dan.Is Mary away?l hope you get a bit of peace and quiet now.love to you.X

Morning Lady Mary please listen you are straining your eyes and they need to rest.l know you distract on here however you need to be on less until your eyes ease off.Every thing in moderation my love.Now have a good day with your boys and l will be back later in the week.love you my lady Mary.X

Morning GP yes my mum nurtured guilt as well.l have to say she taught me well and it took me years to put a stop to that one.Now l have to say l am the opposite which is very refreshing.l hope you are starting to feel better my love?love you.X

Morning Jen lovely to see you here.l have everything crossed for you.l know you will come through this honey.Stay strong.love to you.X

Morning Janice, Olive Bill, Gilly Valley Meems Esperanza Mags,NJ,Free Miyu, Nova sending you my love and hoping everyone has a withdrawal free day.X

Hi Stut

How was your New Year?  Mine was same as usual early to bed and avoid the noisemakers.  I’m awake at 4 AM and want to go back to sleep.  Ever since the prednisone I can’t sleep well. I wonder when it will return.  I’m holding all meds right now hoping my CNS will calm down.  Love to you

Hi Stut

How was your New Year?  Mine was same as usual early to bed and avoid the noisemakers.  I’m awake at 4 AM and want to go back to sleep.  Ever since the prednisone I can’t sleep well. I wonder when it will return.  I’m holding all meds right now hoping my CNS will calm down.  Love to you

Morning GP awe those bloody steroids never good.l think it is going to take a bit of time to settle down.l think even having the virus will knock the stuffing out of you.It will come back honey but as usual not a quick as we would like.Just keep doing what you can honey.Keep walking the pups.

.l had a day spent in the kitchen up until about 8 pm then l went to bed around 11.l am now trying to get the house in order for the family.It never ends.Then tomorrow l will be laying in a heap on the settee.l can't wait.

Morning,  Stut,  after a really good day yesterday,  today is worse than awful. Went to bed at 0.30 am. Woke up a couple of times because of all the fireworks going off all through the night. Woke up at 5 am. with an awful belly pain. Bloody nausea came to haunt me too. So far a terrible day. Hope things will improve,  I' m feeling quite desperate right now. What a start to the new year... :(

Morning,  Stut,  after a really good day yesterday,  today is worse than awful. Went to bed at 0.30 am. Woke up a couple of times because of all the fireworks going off all through the night. Woke up at 5 am. with an awful belly pain. Bloody nausea came to haunt me too. So far a terrible day. Hope things will improve,  I' m feeling quite desperate right now. What a start to the new year... :(

Awe Troch l am sorry yes l think we all relate to the despair you are feeling today.Have you tried peppermint tea or root ginger for the nausea?Have you access to CBD oil a lot of people seem to use it for sleeping problems and nausea.l don't have access to it in northern Ireland however you may have.I really hope your day improves honey.We are here for you.X

Hi Stut,

Thanks for your neverending support! It really means the world to me.

Thankfully things are improving: my nausea has gone, the pain is down some 90%, but the exhaustion is still there.

I did drink ginger tea, made with fresh ginger root. I don't know wether it did anything,  but I could give a try again. I still have a small bottle of CBD oil. Used it before I got hooked on this awful Valium. The last few weeks my nausea had been improving,  but I think ( hope) last night 's drama had to do with me having some snacks yesterday evening, containing gluten. The same thing happened at Christmas. Cannot have gluten anymore.

Hope we all have a better day.

Hi Stut,

Thanks for neverending support! It really means the world to me.

Thankfully things are improving: my nausea has gone, the pain is down some 90%, but the exhaustion is still there.

I did drink ginger tea, made with fresh ginger root. I don't know wether it did anything,  but I could give a try again. I still have a small bottle of CBD oil. Used it before I got hooked on this awful Valium. The last few weeks my nausea had been improving,  but I think ( hope) last night 's drama had to do with me having some snacks yesterday evening, containing gluten. The same thing happened at Christmas. Cannot have gluten anymore.

Hope we all have a better day.

Good Troch l think you are right gluten is hazardous when you suffer IBS.Fingers crossed your day continues to improve.l think you should try the CBD oil if the sleep continues to be an issue.Just a thought honey.You can do this.Enjoy your day.X

Hi Stut,

Thanks for checking in. I hope you do get that chance to rest after all the family has left. So important to have a chance to rest during tapeing.

Im okay since my last cut. More flat than depressed due to how heavy Clonzapam is on my system.  From others I've spoken to, the depression will lessen as I get lower, which is why I keep slowly chipping away.  As long as my symptoms are tolerable and I can function, I will keep going.  Still am sad about this whole mess but know that the daily tears are a combination of frustration, grief and medication. 

I'm not at the point, where my taper doesn't dominate my life, but I'm not low enough to feel that freedom  yet.  That will be a nice feeling.

Morning LHSG hoping everyone survived the New Year.l am sure it was very exciting 😕.

Morning Twiny you are a great sis a bit of a drama queen however you keep me smelling great so that is all that matters in the end.Have to say l didn't really understand this big pharma business that everyone talked about now l kinda understand.Speak to your doctor my lovely and see what is happening with your script.l can only hope that the script is for the full amount.l hope you have a good day honey.Give your lovely husband a hug from his favourite sis in law.love you my lST X

Morning Final how are you doing?Has the depression lifted any?l am thinking of you my lovely.love to you.X

Morning Troch how did you sleep last night?Is the pain much the same?I hope you start to see improvement soon my love.Hang in there.love to you.X

Morning Suzy l would have to agree with your mother misplaced guilt is a very distructive emotion.l think a lot of people with anxiety feel guilty most of the time which makes us feel crappier than we already feel.I used to feel guilty a lot of the time however thankfully that seems to have lessened a lot of the years.l hope you are starting to feel a little better honey? love you.X

. Morning Intend happy New Year to you and Dan.Is Mary away?l hope you get a bit of peace and quiet now.love to you.X

Morning Lady Mary please listen you are straining your eyes and they need to rest.l know you distract on here however you need to be on less until your eyes ease off.Every thing in moderation my love.Now have a good day with your boys and l will be back later in the week.love you my lady Mary.X

Morning GP yes my mum nurtured guilt as well.l have to say she taught me well and it took me years to put a stop to that one.Now l have to say l am the opposite which is very refreshing.l hope you are starting to feel better my love?love you.X

Morning Jen lovely to see you here.l have everything crossed for you.l know you will come through this honey.Stay strong.love to you.X

Morning Janice, Olive Bill, Gilly Valley Meems Esperanza Mags,NJ,Free Miyu, Nova sending you my love and hoping everyone has a withdrawal free day.X

Evening twin,

Well my turkey dinner was a hit but I'm so damn sick of the holidays, I'm elated it's all over! Phew 😜

My Rx is still for the full amount, the letter just states that I will be required to pay for the Rx if I am taking more than the allotted amount of pills that are approved by the insurance company. I actually am at the amount allotted, 4 pills per day, but I want to continue getting the 5 a day to stash away bc you never know in benzo land what can happen. So I don't want my Dr to know I'm tapering. I'll tell him probably in May after I've saved a good amount of pills. I guess I'll just pay for the Rx.. it is what it is I suppose 🤷

Have a restful day tomorrow my twin, I'll try to keep the drama down in 2020 but don't count on it :laugh: :laugh:

Love you,

LST❤️

Hello LHSG'ers on this 2nd day of January! It's quiet here today, I have to say as for myself I'm exhausted. I think it'll take a few days to recover from all the holiday hoopla!

Hope you all have a peaceful evening, I'm going to Disney on ice with my grandchildren and kids, yay! 😜.... Would probably be more excited about this if it was days to weeks after the holidays.

Peace everyone,

TT, 💞💞

Good morning,  everyone,

Hope you all had a good sleep.

Mine was a wonderful one: 7 hours of painfree sleep,  with just one bathroom visit. Wow, hard to believe this really happened.

After waking up,  the toothache or ear pain that announced itself just before bedtime,  returned. Hope it settles down today.  Don't need anymore pain...

Another rainy day, so I don't think I' m going for a walk today. Haven't done any walking so far this year...other than getting groceries yesterday and taking my car to the workshop for a battery check. Rest is important at the moment, I suppose. To get all of that merry and happy stuff out of our system.  :)

It's quite slow here at the moment.  Probably everyone is still recovering as well.

Update one hour later: in a lot of pain again, including worsening toothache. Going to phone my dentist. Third day of the year: third miserable one... :-X

Good morning,  everyone,

Hope you all had a good sleep.

Mine was a wonderful one: 7 hours of painfree sleep,  with just one bathroom visit. Wow, hard to believe this really happened.

After waking up,  the toothache or ear pain that announced itself just before bedtime,  returned. Hope it settles down today.  Don't need anymore pain...

Another rainy day, so I don't think I' m going for a walk today. Haven't done any walking so far this year...other than getting groceries yesterday and taking my car to the workshop for a battery check. Rest is important at the moment, I suppose. To get all of that merry and happy stuff out of our system.  :)

It's quite slow here at the moment.  Probably everyone is still recovering as well.

Update one hour later: in a lot of pain again, including worsening toothache. Going to phone my dentist. Third day of the year: third miserable one... :-X

Morning Troch sleep wise excellent news that is what you are aiming for.l know tonight may be different however l hope this has given you a little hope that things can and do improve.

Now the tooth pain l have had neuralgia from being on the diazepam.l have to say it definitely has improved at the lower doses.lt still drops in on occasion however not for as long a time.l never found anything helped it however it did ease off on it's own.Let us know how your dentist appointment goes.love to you.X

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Morning Trish bah humbug l am going to cancel this crap next year 😧.l managed to get through it all however yesterday wasn't pleasant.l used to take my daughter to Disney on Ice l must say l probably enjoyed it more than she did.Now l think it is time for both of us to rest and recharge our batteries.How did your son get on over Xmas?l hope he is still alcohol free.How was this cut for you honey?l hope it isn't too extreme.love you my lST X

Morning Final l have to say l really do hope the depression lifts as you get lower.lt is all luck really there are no guarantees however it definitely happens for some so l will keep everything crossed for you.As for the fixation on the taper l don't think that ever goes away in my experience.l think that is definitely a withdrawal symptom.l think we all become very obsessive in our way of thinking so that has been with me from the word go.That is just my experience.Hang in there my lovely you are doing well.love to you.X

Morning Suzy where are you honey?Are you ok?l hope you are seeing some improvement.Thinking of you my lovely.love you.X

Morning Lady Mary I really hope you turn a corner soon.l know you have suffered and l can only say l really am willing you on.Let us know how you are when you feel up to it.Miss you Hen.Love you my lady Mary.X

Morning GP, Intend Janice Olive Gilly Bill Free Valley Meems Esperanza Mags NJ Nova Miyu and everyone here hoping everyone has a withdrawal free day.love to you all.X

Hi,

Went to see the dentist. He had a close look, testing a couple of molars and took an x-ray. Couldn't fine anything wrong with them. Withdrawal?  It gets mentioned in the Ashton manual.

So, that's good news. Hope it improves soon. Going to take some Paracetamols with my lunch.

Exhaustion hit me again this morning. And pain. Horrible. Pray it lifts. Life is so hard on days like this.

Having a CT-scan of my colon done next Tuesday. More anxiety.  When will it ever end.  :'(

Hi,

Went to see the dentist. He had a close look, testing a couple of molars and took an x-ray. Couldn't fine anything wrong with them. Withdrawal?  It gets mentioned in the Ashton manual.

So, that's good news. Hope it improves soon. Going to take some Paracetamols with my lunch.

Exhaustion hit me again this morning. And pain. Horrible. Pray it lifts. Life is so hard on days like this.

Having a CT-scan of my colon done next Tuesday. More anxiety.  When will it ever end.  :'(

[/quote

Awe Troch hang in there honey.l promise you it will ease off.l know how hard this is and withdrawal symptoms seem endless.You will get through this time and patience are the key to recovery.We are here for you.X

Quote for all on benzos  ( holding,  tapering or post taper):

" Time and patience are the key to recovery."    - by Stut.  :thumbsup:

Hi Stut,

I am so glad the holidays are over and you can stop vookimg and relax. The holifays kind of threw me off. Jim was home. My routine was messed up and the extra stress of Jim tooks it toll

Poor Jim. He makes me tense. Plus my thyroid med was upped from .25 to .50. My thyroid is escalated a bit. .06 or something. Plus i have hashimotos. Awesome! I found out about 10 yrs ago. So the med felt terrible at first. Felt like i was getting a cold, stsrbing and massive anxiety

So ive been lurking. I feel pretty good the last two days. The horrible head stuff and eye pain is better. Not as sickly. So maybe the med is helping or maybe its a window. I dont know this whole experience is crazy. Love you Suzy

[33...]