Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

I always pay for my Valium out of pocket, I have had too many fights with the insurance company and pharmacy, one time insurance wouldn't pay for it and RiteAid would not sell it to me for cash, even though my Dr. had prescribed it!! They said it was illegal if the ins co said no. So they let the insurance company dictate whether I had it or not, not my Dr!!!!!! I made a HUGE stink about it, of course, did they not understand that my whole existence was about to be F%@#$ed?! So they gave me 10 days worth until the month started over and insurance would let me renew the Rx. SO stupid! I ended up switching pharmacies and just going in as a cash patient, it's not that expensive and definitely worth my peace of mind.

Here is the link for the emojis:

http://evday.info/smiles/animation.php

Wtf! These insurance companies own us! It pisses me off :tickedoff:.. uhgg!  I hate them! They don't cover sh *t and are nothing but a huge headache 🤬

Yes! I have had to do that multiple times. It needs to be medically necessary or something. You should be fine. Worst comes to worst they are so cheap. Ly Suzy

Yeah if paying for them out of pocket is worse case scenario then so be it. 🤷

They can refuse to fill it.  Pharmacists have a lot of power.  I have had trouble with them also. Very scary the way it’s done now that the ins co or a pharmacist can override your drs script.

They can refuse to fill it.  Pharmacists have a lot of power.  I have had trouble with them also. Very scary the way it’s done now that the ins co or a pharmacist can override your drs script.

I hope not Free, but if they'll only pay for 4 a day the one good thing is that's what I'm actually taking so I'd have enough each day I just wouldn't be able to hoard until I started to cut again. I have hoarded enough for about 3 or 4 months. I'd like to have at least a 6 month supply but it is what it is. 🤷

Good night everyone, I hope you all have a peaceful night. See you for the new year's eve LHSG party tomorrow.. Pill bottles up... Cheers!! 💊🥳🎉😂

TT, pissed off.. Not a t word but it's truth  :laugh:

Hi, just saw post on Medicare limits on benzos.  I just started Medicare in May and my prior ins covered the 180 .5

Clon per month I am using to taper slowly.  I about died in the pharmacy when they told me there was a problem and about the limit. They did give me 180 that visit and said to call Medicare as they could not give me 180 anymore.

I immediately called Medicare and found a loophole: Since I was tapering and my dr had already been prescribing me double what they allow, they would allow him to keep prescribing 180 and will pay.  I got a letter from them to document this for pharmacy.  So that saved me from a total meltdown.  I imagine if I had a new dr who was not already giving me 180 I would have not gotten them. I hope this helps those who have a dr who they have been working with.  They were going to call my dr but didn’t once they looked at my prior rx # hx.  Said since they could see he had been doing 180 that was enough. My memory is so bad I think I have to renew in May again but anyway, I hope this helps someone!  Worlds slowest taperer who is still sick but could be worse,  grateful for every day.  Suzuka9

Hi all, overhere in the Netherlands we have a wonderful health insurance system. Almost anything is for free. Of course we all pay a monthly amount of money. It's in general around  € 130.  Nobody is uninsured overhere. Most costs are fully covered. Like most medication, surgery, doctors visits,  being hospitalized, etcetera. But all "sleeping pills" - read benzos, are no longer covered by the insurance. I have to pay for my Diazepam myself. No problem,  only costing €7 for 60 tablets. And we can only get pills for one month at a time. This is to prefend drug abuse. FYI.

Good morning emoji support group 😉.l really hope everyone has a good New Year.

I don't know how your system works my friends however if you can afford to pay l would do it.Trish phone the pharmacy and ask for a price my love.lt will stop you worrying about it.l would also ring your doctor and ask him about your script.l don't really know what else to suggest.lt sounds like your system does seem to be a bit broken.

I just wanted to pop in to say let's hope this decade is better than the last.Love to you all my lovely friends.

Love and hugs Stut X

Happy New Year Stut! I hope you d8nner goes well. I think yoy sais your soing another one!! Omg 😨 These emojis of animals eberywete is hillarouos. I think gp was having a blast. I am not having much luck doing them. Lol. Hope all is well and this will be a year of healing  for us all. Love you Suzy

Hi, just saw post on Medicare limits on benzos.  I just started Medicare in May and my prior ins covered the 180 .5

Clon per month I am using to taper slowly.  I about died in the pharmacy when they told me there was a problem and about the limit. They did give me 180 that visit and said to call Medicare as they could not give me 180 anymore.

I immediately called Medicare and found a loophole: Since I was tapering and my dr had already been prescribing me double what they allow, they would allow him to keep prescribing 180 and will pay.  I got a letter from them to document this for pharmacy.  So that saved me from a total meltdown.  I imagine if I had a new dr who was not already giving me 180 I would have not gotten them. I hope this helps those who have a dr who they have been working with.  They were going to call my dr but didn’t once they looked at my prior rx # hx.  Said since they could see he had been doing 180 that was enough. My memory is so bad I think I have to renew in May again but anyway, I hope this helps someone!  Worlds slowest taperer who is still sick but could be worse,  grateful for every day.  Suzuka9

Thanks for that information Suz, that makes me feel better, I am not on Medicare yet but maybe it will work with our insurance too!,

Mary 🍀🍀🍀

Wishing every one a very happy and healing  new year from the UK , I do hope it's a better one for all

Jen

Thank you so much Jen, I hope you are feeling well and have a great 2020!

Don't feel guilty gp. My mother always says, guilt is a wasted emotion..lol. Have know idea where she got it from. It always made me feel better!💃

Happy New Year LHSG'ers! Wishing you all a successful, painless, stress and worry free taper in the coming new year.

Here's to the friendships we've made on this journey together, old and new and here's to helping eachother when the waves come and the tears flow and here's to leaning on one another and carrying eachother when we feel like we can't take another step or another breath. Here's to laughter from the past on the LHSG and to future joking around and especially RIDDLE TUESDAY😉.. here's to the bad times we've shared and the good times we've shared, here's to Us.. Survivors, warriors, here's to the LHSG.. glasses up please.. CHEERS! 🍾🥂 🥳🎉🎊

I love you all!!

TT, with many more t's to come in twenty, twenty (2020)😘💞💞

[a1...]