Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

So I got a letter today from my prescription drug coverage saying they will only pay for 4 Xanax pills.25 mg per day. I just

got down to 4 pills a day 3 days ago. Wtf?? My Dr doesn't even know I'm tapering he thinks I'm maintaining my dose of 1.25 mgs. I don't want to tell him I've tapered down..I will pay the Rx out of pocket to buy more time so I can save and stash pills but I'm wondering if my Dr will be aware of this knowledge?? I see him in February. Anybody else having this issue??

TT, ♥️

So I got a letter today from my prescription drug coverage saying they will only pay for 4 Xanax pills.25 mg per day. I just

got down to 4 pills a day 3 days ago. Wtf?? My Dr doesn't even know I'm tapering he thinks I'm maintaining my dose of 1.25 mgs. I don't want to tell him I've tapered down..I will pay the Rx out of pocket to buy more time so I can save and stash pills but I'm wondering if my Dr will be aware of this knowledge?? I see him in February. Anybody else having this issue??

TT, ♥️

One of my meds just went up $50 a month because of insurance company and it wasn't benzo.  I really hope we don't start having that as an issue. :tickedoff:

I’m on Medicare and they only will cover 4 pills a day of any Benzo.  Doesn’t matter if it’s 2 mg v or 10 mg.  Very stupid.  They also limit all controlled substances.  It’s only gonna get worse.  Dr can try to get an override, see if he’ll fight it for you.  All this attention to Benzos etc is a two edged sword to those of us still tapering.  Medicare stinks, be careful all who want Medicare for all.  They don’t cover a whole lot of drugs and it’s very expensive for a lot of old generic drugs.  Hope dr helps you out. 🙏🏼🙏🏼❤️❤️

I agree Free.  Medicare does stink.  And the Rx are more expensive than private insurance.  Way more expensive.  It doesn’t make sense at all.

I’m on Medicare and they only will cover 4 pills a day of any Benzo.  Doesn’t matter if it’s 2 mg v or 10 mg.  Very stupid.  They also limit all controlled substances.  It’s only gonna get worse.  Dr can try to get an override, see if he’ll fight it for you.  All this attention to Benzos etc is a two edged sword to those of us still tapering.  Medicare stinks, be careful all who want Medicare for all.  They don’t cover a whole lot of drugs and it’s very expensive for a lot of old generic drugs.  Hope dr helps you out. 🙏🏼🙏🏼❤️❤️

Wow, that is stupid, and scary.  I go see my Dr Jan 6, I wonder if I should have her change the mgs of the pills.  I don't have Medicaid but Trishy doesn't either.  I don't have a stash like so many do.  Thanks for telling us free.  I know it hurt typing that, love you  :smitten: :smitten:

They certainly are.  I pay 3 times as much for meds plus so many aren’t even covered. Prescription hemorrhoid cream not even covered, none at all.  Costs me 48 bucks for one tube.  That’s with GoodRx coupon.  My private ins covered everything.  So sad in our old age they do this to us after paying our whole working lives to Medicare.  😤😠

got down to 4 pills a day 3 days ago..........

My Medicare just kicked in. Good or bad..... it appears I'm about to learn a lot. 

Very pretty kitty Intend!  Also OK, Pebbles and a Trishy.  Your cat is 22 Stut?  Wow you are a great kitty mama.

Hope everyone is well today.  http://justclickit.ru/flash/dog/dog%20(3).gif

Pepper is a gorgeous cat GP. Not as self assured as she looks in that picture. I’m really upset today and trying to calm down and pepper runs right up to me because I need to reassure her that I’m ok.

Stut, you are a great kitty mama like GP says.

Thanks all of you!

I’m so happy you finally saw her. Black from head to toe except for her beautiful eyes.

Oh Intend, she is gorgeous.  I know you love her so much.  I guess Mary came through, I am so glad  :smitten: :smitten:  Love you woman and our Pepper 🌶.  She belongs to the group now with all other kittens and dogs. 

Mary http://justclickit.ru/smiles/image/love/love%20(67).gif  That's me  :D

Definitely love my little cat. 💜💜💜

Gp!!!  :laugh: Those emojis are awesome! You and Mary are cracking me up!!

http://justclickit.ru/flash/dog/dog%20(42).gif

Couldn’t find these emojis if my life depended on it.

When you type evday.info into your browser did you come up to a page with a list.

Insurance

Food

Free animation.  (With a running cat)  Go to that one and it will bring up another list

3D graphics

Angels

Animals

Bears

Cats.  Then chose one.  It will bring up a lot of emojis and pages to go through

Google  Evday.info. There are tons of them.  When you find one you like hold down on the picture , then open the page, then copy the BB code for forum and paste.  It’s easy!

I’ll give it a try. Never sure of myself anymore.

I’ll just say this. I’ll give it a try when this day is over, when my mind is clear, and when daughter goes home.

Done with having so called “fun.”

I’m truly not sure of my driving right now because I been switched around on clonazepam way too much. And I’ve never identified how to tell when I’m stable enough to cut. So with this last cut, now I know that when I’m so out of it with cog fog, just hold longer.

Emojis are fun, but getting off is what I think of constantly.

Oh Sweetie.  Definitely wait til you’ve calmed down.  Your day sounds like it’s been full enough.

Oh I will GP. This day is not over. Being picked by oldest daughter for dinner and movie at 4:45 pm here mountain time.

She’s with “friend”/bf/fiancé whatever who has this huge Toyota Tundra. Have trouble even getting into this truck now. And we got snow last night and driveway here is slanted. And our daughter is wanting to drive my car after they get here. She drives like a “maniac” as does everybody here. Quiet neighborhood here, but drive out of it, and you’re literally taking your life in your hands.

I’d like to live somewhere else where weather is better, and where the drivers don’t drive like that  world is ending if they don’t  go 80 mph down a street.

Saw on our news here that Portland, Oregon has worst drivers in the nation. And Utah drivers from Salt Lake City and those  who live in surrounding cities came in fourth. 

I remember Portland very well because I come from Oregon. Have been to Portland many times. But spent most of my childhood along the Oregon coast. Born in Portland, but lived in Toledo, Newport, Lincoln City, Astoria and then to Corvallis Oregon.

Feel stuck here is West Jordan, a suburb of Salt Lake.

Thanks for everyone’s help today.

Gotta get ready for my big night. I’m not used to going to movies at night anymore. And my mind is cog fogged right now.

I’m going to make the best of this, but would rather not go. Pepper will be alone for hours, and too much to do when I get home. And Mary (daughter) driving my car. I’m sitting in front seat with her. Dan and Brad can stuff them self’s into back seat for a change. Comment on Medicare later because I pretty much understand all of it as it relates to where I am.

Free, thank you for that information. This is very upsetting. I have a couple maybe 3 more years to taper down very slowly this was the last thing I needed too have to deal with. I have Cigna for insurance through my husband. I hate this insurance it sucks! I don't mind paying out of pocket if it's not a ridiculous amount of money. I am on the generic xanax ( alaprozolam) so I hope it won't cost too much but we shall see. I pick up my next rx January 17 th so I'll see what happens then. 🤦‍♀️

Love to you free,

Trishy❤️

TT, ♥️

One of my meds just went up $50 a month because of insurance company and it wasn't benzo.  I really hope we don't start having that as an issue. :tickedoff:

God help us Mary 🤦‍♀️

Thanks all of you!

I’m so happy you finally saw her. Black from head to toe except for her beautiful eyes.

Oh Intend, she is gorgeous.  I know you love her so much.  I guess Mary came through, I am so glad  :smitten: :smitten:  Love you woman and our Pepper 🌶.  She belongs to the group now with all other kittens and dogs. 

Mary http://justclickit.ru/smiles/image/love/love%20(67).gif  That's me  :D

Definitely love my little cat. 💜💜💜

Intend, hope you enjoy your time out! Have a good time woman!

Love to you Dan and Pepper ❤️

Tt,

I do know that when I had to pay for I once it was so cheap. I don't think it would be much difference with x. Probably less than 20.00 if that. Still strange that they would do that all of a sudden. Maybe your dr. Will have to call the ins. To get it approved. A pre auhorization I think it is.

Tt,

I do know that when I had to pay for I once it was so cheap. I don't think it would be much difference with x. Probably less than 20.00 if that. Still strange that they would do that all of a sudden. Maybe your dr. Will have to call the ins. To get it approved. A pre auhorization I think it is.

I think you might be right Suzy. My daughter who works for a gastro Dr told me today that she has to fight with insurance companies all the time about meds. She said the same thing something about a pre authorization.. 🤷

I always pay for my Valium out of pocket, I have had too many fights with the insurance company and pharmacy, one time insurance wouldn't pay for it and RiteAid would not sell it to me for cash, even though my Dr. had prescribed it!! They said it was illegal if the ins co said no. So they let the insurance company dictate whether I had it or not, not my Dr!!!!!! I made a HUGE stink about it, of course, did they not understand that my whole existence was about to be F%@#$ed?! So they gave me 10 days worth until the month started over and insurance would let me renew the Rx. SO stupid! I ended up switching pharmacies and just going in as a cash patient, it's not that expensive and definitely worth my peace of mind.

Here is the link for the emojis:

http://evday.info/smiles/animation.php

Yes! I have had to do that multiple times. It needs to be medically necessary or something. You should be fine. Worst comes to worst they are so cheap. Ly Suzy

[21...]