Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hello Everyone

Trishy, thanks for thinking of me.  I’ve been pretty busy with the holidays, and like you said, Trishy, it was nice but it got to be a little much.  I’m glad for some quiet time.

I decided to taper off my trazodone the last couple weeks and took my last dose a week before Christmas.  I think it did hit me a little with some symptoms, one day some pretty bad brain zaps (always seem to hit while I’m driving, just to make things a little more exciting!). Then on Christmas Eve most of the day I had pretty strong depression.  Cleared up enough to enjoy the evening so I’m thankful for that.  Been very slowly feeling better again later this week.  Good to be off one more med!

I hope you all had a good Christmas, and wish you a happy new year!  It’s the end of another decade.  Dang, starting to get old I guess.  Oh well.

Take care, and keep moving forward!

Bill

Hey Bill, glad you are feeling better and congratulations on one less med!!  Yes, ready for holidays to end and normalcy to return.  LY, Mary ♥️♥️

Hi MMXV,  yes, I did try acupuncture for a short while, but it didn't do much. May give it another try, though. Thanks for the reminder.

I had countless infections in both ears. Even had them pierced to let the pus out. So the hearing in my left ear is not that great in the high ranges. My right one is OK. In my left ear I actually feel lots of noises moving the ear drum. Very strange.

When I was young I did a lot of swimming and diving in the swimming pool. A place to get all sorts of infections, I guess.

Wishing you a nice Sunday.

Hey MMXV, happy to see you here.  Truly, between all of us we have experienced lots of things and will also be here when you want to discuss something.  As you can see, we usually become good friends because we are a group that has been together.  We have actually added quite a few people lately.

Hope you have a good day, Mary ♥️♥️♥️

Hi Suzy,  glad to read your eyes are much better. And other symptoms are improving.  You could do with a break from all that suffering. As we all could, I'm sure.

A window or even a small crack in that benzo wall,  wouldn't that be wonderful!

Hope we all get a glimpse of life soon.

My unbelievable exhaustion from this morning has miraculously lifted after lunch. Pain and stiffness are the worst they have been in weeks, but I took a Ibuprofen with lunch, so hopefully that will do its job for a couple of hours.

Hope your Sunday is a nice one.  :smitten::thumbsup:

Good morning MMXV and welcome to the LHSG.Yes l have had that withdrawal symptom l had it while in tolerance so it has been with me on and off for many years.l assume it is to do with the gaba receptors in the ear however l am not sure.l just accept it and get on with it.l also can hear my heart beat when it happens.l have actually never really thought about it much just one of those joyous withdrawal symptoms.Try not to worry about it hopefully it will ease off.love to you.X

Good morning Stut, thank you for taking the time to reply. Yes I have to agree it must be related to withdrawal dosage but specifically for me when the dose changes. I like the way you phrase it:) I shall start to use healing symptom from now on.

Congrats on your progress, I can't wait to be where you are in the taper! I think I've also had all the symptoms you added at different points in time myself.

Also my blood pressure was really bad at one point 170/100 that I was rushed to hospital it took the Dr's two days to figure out what was going on I was in a state of delirium and was told that I had seizures. That's when I decided to stop valium for about a week, at the time I had no idea about withdrawal. It was the most surreal experience I thought I was close to death paranoid about everyone in the hospital. I kept on asking what's this they are giving me. On my last day before discharge I came to realise the Diazepam they kept dosing me on brought me back to feeling okay that's when the doctor told me to never stop this suddenly and that I could have caused real damage.

Hope your having a relaxing Sunday :)

Good Morning everyone,

Hope you are all hanging in as best you can. Thinking of you all and praying we all get some windows soon or even a half open window. Love dd  :smitten:

Hey DD, so glad to read you are feeling better girlfriend.  My eyes still feel weak but ok.  Hope you have a good day .  Counting down the enso  :D;D.  LY. MM. ♥️♥️♥️♥️

Good Morning LHSG,  I’ve been feeling tired lately.  No appetite and no energy.  I do take the dogs for a walk in the AM but just lay around reading a book the rest of the day.  Now the house is a mess and there’s no food in the house.  I finally got some new jars from Amazon with plastic tops anD they are a little bigger than baby food jars.  Yippee

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Morning Troch sorry to hear you had a bad night.l will say this going through benzo withdrawal with health anxiety is so difficult the possibility for illnesses are endless.Sadly the brain regulates every system in our bodies so the withdrawal symptoms are very varied and can really cause health anxiety to spiral.l really do hope you get all your results soon honey however reassurance doesn't last long with health anxiety.l will say this everything you have is very common in withdrawal and this is probably the best time to tackle the health anxiety.Just take today as a rest day do what you can and give yourself plenty of tlc.love to you.X

Morning Janice any sightings of baldy over the Xmas period?How is your daughter getting on?I think all we can do is get on with it.Waiting isn't my strong suit so l will keep on going.l will say this when you are talking to your doctor try not to say you are worrying about being taken in to hospital.He will see that as catastrophic thinking and he won't play into it.Put a positive spin on it by saying you are very passionate about your taper and you really would hate it to be derailed after everything you have been through so if perhaps he could put on your record that you are to be kept on diazepam with a view to tapering off you would be very grateful.Just my thoughts honey.l hope you have a better Sunday.love you.X

Morning Twiny awe the wee pets.l am happy for you honey.l don't know about frozen turkey's l am sure they come that way.l have to say my love you never miss a post from me so your brain isn't too bad.You know l will always have your back honey.l love the bones of you and a happy new year to you too my lovely.love you my lST X

. Morning Olive proud of you honey you really are doing so well.Now rest yourself and don't push yourself too hard.Take a couple of days to yourself you have earned them.love you.X

Morning NJ l am so happy to see you here sadly l wish it was with better news.l think you must be a little more forceful with the doctor.l think sometimes we have to be.As for your sister she does sound a bit jealous.It will work itself out one way or another.Let us know how you get on with the doctor.love to you.X

Morning Suzy l am glad your headache has lifted.Oh the joy of benzo withdrawal.Hang in there honey.love you.X

Morning Bill good to hear from you.Glad you are still doing reasonably well.love to you.X

Morning lady Mary did you post that cat for Sox as well as pepper or are you ignoring her as well?😧Poor pet.l hope you are feeling a little better today.l still think you are improving.Keep holding honey.love you my lady Mary HenX

Morning Intend Gilly Valley Free Meems Nova Miyu Esperanza Final Dave GP and everyone here hoping everyone has a withdrawal free Sunday.XHappy New Year to all on the LHSG.X

Stut my Queen, Socks would be on here, but I don't know what she looks like  :). All I could get out of you for months, was she slept, eat, and peed.  It took a year and more to find out she was Daisy's best friend.  Let's face it, you don't talk about her much.  But I was going to do Muffin and Daisy today and definitely Socks, is she all black like Pepper?  I think I am doing better too.  How are you?  I know that had to be exhausting as hell .  Did you finally get to relax on settee?  I post you everywhere you know, but there are so many people posting, I am afraid you miss them.  A lot are even bolder or made big so you will see them.  Did you see we are giving King til end of Jan?  But we have thread ready to start our search, if needed.  Smart, funny, flirty, good looking  :laugh: :laugh:

Hope you have easier days a head, Love you very much my Queen

http://justclickit.ru/smiles/image/hearts/hearts%20(362).gif

Mary

I love the animals you are posting!  So cute and they move., lol

Hi gp,

Sorry you are feeling so tired. It will pass. You will be singing and dancing around the house again!,

Good Morning LHSG,  I’ve been feeling tired lately.  No appetite and no energy.  I do take the dogs for a walk in the AM but just lay around reading a book the rest of the day.  Now the house is a mess and there’s no food in the house.  I finally got some new jars from Amazon with plastic tops anD they are a little bigger than baby food jars.  Yippee

Oh GP, I am sorry you are tired and no appetite.  We miss you.  Please make yourself eat .  Pet those puppy's.  Love you, Mary

http://justclickit.ru/smiles/image/hearts/hearts%20(362).gif

Thanks.  They stink again.  I have to get them in the shower.  Do they still make Geritol?

How do you make moving emojis?  So much to learn

Hi MMXV,  yes, I did try acupuncture for a short while, but it didn't do much. May give it another try, though. Thanks for the reminder.

I had countless infections in both ears. Even had them pierced to let the pus out. So the hearing in my left ear is not that great in the high ranges. My right one is OK. In my left ear I actually feel lots of noises moving the ear drum. Very strange.

When I was young I did a lot of swimming and diving in the swimming pool. A place to get all sorts of infections, I guess.

Wishing you a nice Sunday.

Hey Trochsetter, I hope your results come back OK.

I do swim at the gym so that could be it! I also had a bad bout of flu this season which is just clearing up it's probably a sign of getting older as I can't remember the last time I had it and I'm only in my late 20s! But i also read benzos are not kind to your immune system of which I need to especially protect. Your right the gym is a breeding ground for all sorts but I find swimming the best part as it's easy on the body and you feel great after.

Have you found exercise helpful for fm? If acupuncture hasn't helped I wouldn't waste money on it but it's one of those alternative therapies that you just don't know will work or how many session you would need or if in fact indefinitely.

Thanks and I hope you have an easy Sunday too!

Hey MMXV, happy to see you here.  Truly, between all of us we have experienced lots of things and will also be here when you want to discuss something.  As you can see, we usually become good friends because we are a group that has been together.  We have actually added quite a few people lately.

Hey Mary! Thank you so much for recommending the group and for a warm welcome:) I hope to keep in touch with the members here as I don't know anyone in person I can talk to who is also going through this long haul roller coaster. The best I can do is describe to family and a close friend but I can see in there eyes they just don't fully understand. But you can't blame them I would of not believed it myself before starting Diazepam that it could really be like this.

I hope you have a wonderful Sunday :)

Hey Mary! Thank you so much for recommending the group and for a warm welcome:) I hope to keep in touch with the members here as I don't know anyone in person I can talk to who is also going through this long haul roller coaster. The best I can do is describe to family and a close friend but I can see in there eyes they just don't fully understand. But you can't blame them I would of not believed it myself before starting Diazepam that it could really be like this.

That is a very common situation a lot of us find ourselves in, and you are absolutely right, it is a very hard thing for others to understand.  We find it hard to understand.  Did you see the Lisa Ling show on benzo's this year, a few months ago.  Not perfect for explaining our situation but much better than most.  It may still be on CNN demand or I bet someone could send you a link.  We were swamped for days, people finally understanding what might be going on with them or people with no issues yet, but realizing staying on a benzo may be a bad idea.  We didn't think it would cause so much interest, it was amazing.  I hope we helped some people start getting off before having issues!  You have a good day too  ;):D

Just a quick pop in to say good morning and to wish you all a better Sunday!

Can't hang around my daughter is coming to visit the kids ( my kitties)  ;D I will pop in later for a read!

Happy Sunday everyone!

Love to all,

TT and all my thousand's of t's!  :D:laugh:

Just a quick pop in to say good morning and to wish you all a better Sunday!

Can't hang around my daughter is coming to visit the kids ( my kitties)  ;D I will pop in later for a read!

Happy Sunday everyone!

Love to all,

TT and all my thousand's of t's!  :D:laugh:

LY2 ! Too Many  :D

That is a very common situation a lot of us find ourselves in, and you are absolutely right, it is a very hard thing for others to understand.  We find it hard to understand.  Did you see the Lisa Ling show on benzo's this year, a few months ago.  Not perfect for explaining our situation but much better than most.  It may still be on CNN demand or I bet someone could send you a link.  We were swamped for days, people finally understanding what might be going on with them or people with no issues yet, but realizing staying on a benzo may be a bad idea.  We didn't think it would cause so much interest, it was amazing.  I hope we helped some people start getting off before having issues!  You have a good day too  ;):D

Oh yes that came out in October, I'm in the UK so we don't get cnn here but I watched it on YouTube. With my memory so messed up I've forgotten how it went. I will re watch it today, I think it made me emotional to the point of tears but I think I remember her leaving a lot more to be said about.

Oh speaking of documentaries have you seen this one with Prof Ashton in it came out earlier this year.

Also I'm checking in monthly to see when as prescribed is out I think it's been five years in the making.

I shall go relax my eyes for an hour my Christmas tree is starting to look like it's moving towards me I'm surprised my body hasn't shut down yet after no sleep for this long in months I'm yearning for at least a nap. I think Spotify has a sleeping pill play list. Haha it really does. Right I'm going to tune out for a couple hours before I start chatting gibberish :idiot:

Have a wonderful Sunday  ;D

Hi Bill. You seem to be feeling quite stable in your Ativan taper or you wouldn't be tapering the trazodone. I'm very glad it's so. I'm on trazodone for sleep, and my dose is 50 mgs. Would you mind telling me what dose you were on? I guess you're sleeping much better now and that's why you decided to quit it. Thanks for sharing the experience. That's how we all learn.

Hi V

I was on 50 mg but had tapered down to 25 quite a while ago.  Then in a months time went to zero.  My sleep has been pretty good, not perfect as I still wake up a couple times a night but fall right back.  I can definitely tell some traz withdrawal still going on, mainly bad feelings in the mornings, headaches, and very tired feeling.  It’s gradually getting better but not there yet, and of course some of it is probably benzo WD.

Bill

[0f...]