Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Thanks Janice,

Well it is a nervous feeling i get when walking around the house. I5s ha4d to explain. It is uncomfortable.  I cant even sit on the couch. It being up anxiety.  So weird I have had it for a while. Since this whole thing started.  Maybe im afraid of thw house. 9mg. So i watched a bofeo and thougjt i had akesethesia and I don't want that and i was convinced i am permanently damaged. Just from all the med switches whike going thru wd that nobody figured out. Some were antipsychotics. I didn't take them long. I didnt feel a thing from them. That was a couple yrs back. So i eent into a deep dep and pan8c last night.  I need to.chill out. But as you know this sruff is scary and creepy

We will hold. Sloly but surely we will get better. You have a g4eat xmas today with your daughter. She must be so excited!! Ly Suzy

Oh fh,

I.hope that is true. Thst would be so awesome

I cannot wait to never see a benzo again!! This is sure the scariest thing i have ever been through.  My god!  :tickedoff:

Thanks Janice,

Well it is a nervous feeling i get when walking around the house. I5s ha4d to explain. It is uncomfortable.  I cant even sit on the couch. It being up anxiety.  So weird I have had it for a while. Since this whole thing started.  Maybe im afraid of thw house. 9mg. So i watched a bofeo and thougjt i had akesethesia and I don't want that and i was convinced i am permanently damaged. Just from all the med switches whike going thru wd that nobody figured out. Some were antipsychotics. I didn't take them long. I didnt feel a thing from them. That was a couple yrs back. So i eent into a deep dep and pan8c last night.  I need to.chill out. But as you know this sruff is scary and creepy

We will hold. Sloly but surely we will get better. You have a g4eat xmas today with your daughter. She must be so excited!! Ly Suzy

Suzy you mean like you can't sit down because you're too scared? I think that's bwd too. In summer I could never sit, even to watch tv. Now I'm filing papers and stuff because sitting down makes me too anxious. However yesterday I was so depressed I couldn't do anything. I move between fear and depression. Akathesia is your body moves and shakes, and that is usually also temporary. I really hope you find a way to calm down today. You are a very good person, you don't deserve this.

Hi Janice,

I can sit but get anxiuos and get up. Its weird. It is like im in a rush. An anxio us mess. I just don't like the anxious feeling. I do get afraid. When i had the interdose wd before i was trembling and shaking all the time. It was hard walking around that way.  Everything was weird. So maybe i am traumatized from that.  Yoy couldnt sit either? It an uneasy feeling. I must sound like a nut. All these fears sensations emotions and confusion. I do get inner trembling bad after a cut. That went away for the most part.

I am so cleaned out from yesterday in which I spent every 4 minutes in bathroom.  The funny thing is my tinnitus is just a silent hiss io the loud roar it’s been for years.

I almost put toothpaste on my hairbrush just now.  Trying to take my dogs for a walk next.

Does anybody have a good recommendation for glass jars to keep daily solution in?  I had little mason jars like baby food containers only the tops are rusted.  I guess I need plastic tops.

Happy day to all.

I order a stack of urine cups with lids off Amazon, get the ones that stack if you get them ;)

Happy Holidays GP.  You mean a great deal to many people on here.  Love you, Mary ♥️💚♥️💚♥️💚♥️💚♥️

Hey peeps! Just popping in quick. I hope you're all getting by ok with the holidays literally on the doorstep. I'm frazzled and so wound up. I'm feeling very anxious but I know it's bc I pushed myself way beyond what I should have. My nervous system is just not capable yet 😔..

So the kitties are doing great! Rich and I took them to our own vet today to get their wellness check up and the vet said they look great. They have to go back in 6 weeks. Most of their vaccinations are being taken care of by the humane society. A lot was included in the adoption fee.

Ok so I'm sorry to say that their names have changed and it's final this time. Their names are now Luna and Eli! My granddaughter changed her mind and I told her that was it! We can't give them new names everyday!!  :laugh: :laugh:

I wish all of you here a very merry Christmas!! May it be sxs free for all! 🎄🎅

TT with trailing, trimmed trees 🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎅🦌😁

My little chihuahua's name, who I adored, was Eli  :D :D. Love on those babies for me Too Many.

Love you very much, MM.    🐱🐱🐾🐾🐾🐾.    💜💜💜💜💜

Aww I bet your Chihuahua was a love! 

I'm loving on them mmmmm's, I'll give them extra pets and cuddles from auntie Mary ♥️

I hope you and Tim have a very merry Christmas you deserve it.

Love you very much too! mmmmm's  couldn't be where I am in my taper without all the support and friendship you've given me. Thanks for being here and all that you do for so many.

Twinny if you're reading that above statement goes for you as well. ♥️♥️

Free, I'm thinking of you and want to wish you a Merry Christmas. I know you suffer a lot so I'd like to see you get a Christmas miracle 🙏

Intend, I hope you and Dan have a wonderful Christmas. Sending love up there to you guys and little Pepper too.♥️

To our friend's that we've not seen much of , English, Bill, Espy and I'm sure there's more but memory is not my strong suit, thank you benzos! Have a Merry Christmas guys thinking of you all. ♥️

Trish, TT ❤️🎅🦌🎄

Thanks for your replies Mary and FH.  Urine cups?  You tickle me Mary!  :laugh:

I have 3 gravy jars that may work.  I need 4.  I’m leery of metal caps now.  I wonder if the rust has caused any damage.  Probably.  I really want plastic caps and glass jars as I worry about the plastic leeching too.

Oh the problems. :idiot:

Hey peeps! Just popping in quick. I hope you're all getting by ok with the holidays literally on the doorstep. I'm frazzled and so wound up. I'm feeling very anxious but I know it's bc I pushed myself way beyond what I should have. My nervous system is just not capable yet 😔..

So the kitties are doing great! Rich and I took them to our own vet today to get their wellness check up and the vet said they look great. They have to go back in 6 weeks. Most of their vaccinations are being taken care of by the humane society. A lot was included in the adoption fee.

Ok so I'm sorry to say that their names have changed and it's final this time. Their names are now Luna and Eli! My granddaughter changed her mind and I told her that was it! We can't give them new names everyday!!  :laugh: :laugh:

I wish all of you here a very merry Christmas!! May it be sxs free for all! 🎄🎅

TT with trailing, trimmed trees 🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎅🦌😁

My little chihuahua's name, who I adored, was Eli  :D :D. Love on those babies for me Too Many.

Love you very much, MM.    🐱🐱🐾🐾🐾🐾.    💜💜💜💜💜

Aww I bet your Chihuahua was a love! 

I'm loving on them mmmmm's, I'll give them extra pets and cuddles from auntie Mary ♥️

I hope you and Tim have a very merry Christmas you deserve it.

Love you very much too! mmmmm's  couldn't be where I am in my taper without all the support and friendship you've given me. Thanks for being here and all that you do for so many.

Twinny if you're reading that above statement goes for you as well. ♥️♥️

Free, I'm thinking of you and want to wish you a Merry Christmas. I know you suffer a lot so I'd like to see you get a Christmas miracle 🙏

Intend, I hope you and Dan have a wonderful Christmas. Sending love up there to you guys and little Pepper too.♥️

To our friend's that we've not seen much of , English, Bill, Espy and I'm sure there's more but memory is not my strong suit, thank you benzos! Have a Merry Christmas guys thinking of you all. ♥️

Trish, TT ❤️🎅🦌🎄

Beautiful post Too Many,  Happy Holidays to you and all your family, plus the 2 newest additions  :D. Hope you have a wonderful time.  M M.  ♥️💚♥️💚♥️💚🐾💚🐾♥️

Thanks for your replies Mary and FH.  Urine cups?  You tickle me Mary!  :laugh:

I have 3 gravy jars that may work.  I need 4.  I’m leery of metal caps now.  I wonder if the rust has caused any damage.  Probably.  I really want plastic caps and glass jars as I worry about the plastic leeching too.

Oh the problems. :idiot:

Amazon has everything.    :laugh: :laugh:

Picky picky!!

Pebbles, love you girlfriend!!  Hoping you find some enjoyment and a lot less pain .  Wishing you and you family Happy Holidays.  You are such a wonderful person, so glad you are with us.  You really are special to so many of us.  MM.  ♥️💚♥️💚♥️💚♥️💚♥️

Hi Janice,

I can sit but get anxiuos and get up. Its weird. It is like im in a rush. An anxio us mess. I just don't like the anxious feeling. I do get afraid. When i had the interdose wd before i was trembling and shaking all the time. It was hard walking around that way.  Everything was weird. So maybe i am traumatized from that.  Yoy couldnt sit either? It an uneasy feeling. I must sound like a nut. All these fears sensations emotions and confusion. I do get inner trembling bad after a cut. That went away for the most part.

Since the summer, I have improved a lot, however I hardly ever have a few minutes, let alone hours, of just being relaxed. I can't stand doing nothing. I'm always doing paperwork, cleaning computer files, organizing something, preparing classes, checking the banks, anything. Yesterday was an exception, depression had me on the couch all afternoon, I just couldn't move. This experience is so difficult and there are setbacks and we can expect anything. All we can do is be extra careful with making any changes in our medications, and in some way I think we have to get used to living like this. If I could just get rid of the fear of hospital and being cut off... But I guess I have to get used to living with that possibility too. As I can't stay still, I'm translating stuff for my psychiatrist: the file on setbacks and gabaergic substances. Wait till he sees the oregano oil. I can almost sense his eyes rolling already  :laugh:::) I don't know what's going to happen with us Suzy but we'll be right here to go through this together with the group. HANG IN THERE. I'm going to have dinner in a while at my mother's, with my daughter, just the three of us. I take presents, cake, and non alcoholic beer. If someone told me five years ago that I wasn't going to drink half a bottle of wine with a piece of the very alcoholic plum pudding my mother makes, I would've thought them crazy. And yet here I am. And I bought some whisky frozen cake thinking it can't possibly have alcohol in it because I thought the alcohol would disappear while they make the cake. But no. It says in the ingredients that it has 1.5% of alcohol in the cake, so I'll have to take off that layer and it's the crusty nice one. The rest is plain ice cream. I mean 1.5% of the cake is whisky. If the piece is super small maybe that'd be nothing, but would I risk a setback for a piece of cake... Nope. And to think that this is going to take years!!! And there'll be periods of stress! Just wait if my father gets sick with his abusive character, that's going to be fun. May the Lord grant him good health for many years.

Hi Janice,

Since the summer, I have improved a lot, however I hardly ever have a few minutes, let alone hours, of just being relaxed. I can't stand doing nothing. I'm always doing paperwork, cleaning computer files, organizing something, preparing classes, checking the banks, anything. Yesterday was an exception, depression had me on the couch all afternoon, I just couldn't move. This experience is so difficult and there are setbacks and we can expect anything. All we can do is be extra careful with making any changes in our medications, and in some way I think we have to get used to living like this. If I could just get rid of the fear of hospital and being cut off... But I guess I have to get used to living with that possibility too. As I can't stay still, I'm translating stuff for my psychiatrist: the file on setbacks and gabaergic substances. Wait till he sees the oregano oil. I can almost sense his eyes rolling already  :laugh:::) I don't know what's going to happen with us Suzy but we'll be right here to go through this together with the group. HANG IN THERE. I'm going to have dinner in a while at my mother's, with my daughter, just the three of us. I take presents, cake, and non alcoholic beer. If someone told me five years ago that I wasn't going to drink half a bottle of wine with a piece of the very alcoholic plum pudding my mother makes, I would've thought them crazy. And yet here I am. And I bought some whisky frozen cake thinking it can't possibly have alcohol in it because I thought the alcohol would disappear while they make the cake. But no. It says in the ingredients that it has 1.5% of alcohol in the cake, so I'll have to take off that layer and it's the crusty nice one. The rest is plain ice cream. I mean 1.5% of the cake is whisky. If the piece is super small maybe that'd be nothing, but would I risk a setback for a piece of cake... Nope. And to think that this is going to take years!!! And there'll be periods of stress! Just wait if my father gets sick with his abusive character, that's going to be fun. May the Lord grant him good health for many years.

Happy Holidays Blondie to all your family.  Hope you have a good time at your mom's and your daughter is excited.  Love you, Mary ♥️💚♥️💚♥️💚♥️💚♥️

Thank you Mary and Merry Christmas to you too!! Are you alone at home? That sounds great, with your dog, just turn on the TV and watch your favourite show. Here they put on the best TV show on Xmas eve where a few Spanish celebrities celebrate a Xmas dinner in the house of one of them who's the host, and they say funny stuff. I'd love to watch it but my mom has something against television so I can't wait to get back home and watch it  :laugh: So enjoy your peace.

Janice,

It is crazy the way this makes you feel. You need a break. It 8s good you got to rest yesterday.  The wave that hit us wasnt so nice but at least you got to relax. I think our chanves of being hospitalized are slim. I know you never know. Maybe you could ask the dr gor a letter again. Tell him it is causing you great distress. Nobody should have to worry about these things. We just have to hope that does not happen. If it does and i am sure it wont we will make it somehow. My dr looks ar me funny to. You are funny oregeno oil..lol. That cake sounds so yummy!! Mmmm. Well no drinking for us..no hangover so thats a good thing. We will make it. We have made it this far. Have a wonderful xmas with your family!!!! Ly Suzy

Ho! Ho! Ho! My Queen  :D. I guess Santa is headed your way now, and we all know how good you are.  Hope your Christmas dinner was fabulous and you aren't totally exhausted.  I went out with my bf today, proud of myself and had to run home to my real bf, my heating pad  :D. Plan on collapsing when Tim goes to his family tomorrow  :laugh:  I love you woman, you are the Best!!  Happy Holidays to all your family and special love to Muffin, Daisy and Socks.  Lady Mary x Hen ♥️💚♥️💚♥️💚♥️💚♥️

Really like those “Lights by Sly.”

It didn't do quite right but I just didn't have the patience to keep messing with it.  I love color and so does Sly  ;D.    Love you!!  ♥️💚♥️💚♥️💚♥️💚♥️

Merry Christmas everyone! I did really well today, I was able to go to Coronado Island with my family and do some sightseeing, and then out to lunch with them, and then a bike ride with my sis along the ocean path. Success! I did end up staying home when my family went out for Christmas Eve dinner... still not 100% but I'm inching along toward the finish line... and so are all of you long holders! I truly believe this is the best way to get off this stuff. Slow and steady wins the race. Love you all so much, thanks for being the best group on BB.

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Mary and Suzy, please check this out.

An old post by an old buddy talking about the most offending foods on bwd. You know that I eat almost anything, however this really caught my attention as she talks about oats and specifically oatmeal bringing about a wave that put her in bed for three days with pain. She also mentions a veterinarian who stopped some kind of condition in animals by restricting glutamate in their diet. Would it be worth it to give up the oatmeal for a month and see what happens? Here's the link. This lady went through hell, I've read her previous posts too. I hope you wake up to a beautiful Christmas morning.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=126655.msg1684069#msg1684069

Olive kitty it's so nice to see you're out there enjoying life. And so close to the finishing line too! That year and a half hold must've been so difficult with everyone against it. I suppose even on BBs you didn't get much encouragement for such a long hold. However look at the result. I think we're all learning from your experience and it teaches us that the brain needs the time that it needs and none of us can establish the timing for that.

Troschetter good morning. I guess you'll show up any moment now. I hope you're having a decent Christmas and that you're having less pain. Did the pain let you sleep last night? I thought it was sweet that you go and hand out Christmas cards to the neighbors personally. We don't do that here. It would be nice though.

Good morning Valiumnomore,  you're right,  here I am. Yesterday was a better day, with hardly any pain. And as a bonus, not feeling tired or exhausted. Wow, that felt good. Having hardly done any walking I got all stiff in my knees, which was less enjoyable.

. I slept well last night, my usual 5,5 hours.  Woke up in pain, this time not in my legs, but my belly again. After going to the bathroom and after that the kitchen for a glass of warm water,  the pain left. I was able to stay in bed until 8.15 m. A real Christmas present.

I don't know what to think of the article about oatmeal. I have it twice a day. Perhaps I should give it a try and stop eating it for a while.  See what it does or doesn't do.

Reading other people 's posts I often wonder why they are doing so much better, and I must be doing something wrong. But I also notice most of them having setbacks from time to time. It must all be benzo related. Hard to keep hope sometimes.

I hope you have a wonderful day with your daughter.  Feliz Navidad.  ( hope that's correct)  :thumbsup:

[0e...]