Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Do any of you guys know it bwd withdrawal effects cholesterol. Mine has always been high. It is so much worse qnd I csnt take a statin. I took one. For about 6 mos. That was in rhe midst of my muscle pain starting and I stopped. It went up sgain to 344. I am going to die. I have been excercising, eating better. Now I am worse. My mother is telling me to do spinning classes. I cant do tjat in bwd and i can hardly walk. She doesnt believe me. I am never going to survive this

Hi Suzy. I know nothing about cholesterol levels and how bwd can affect this aspect of blood tests. I know I had an insanely high level of a rheumatoid marker in September and I freaked out and thought I'd become disabled and I haven't gone to the doctor to check it "hoping it's just withdrawal". This however is something that needs to be checked because as you say it can be serious. But please please don't freak out until you've gone to the doctor or at least hear what Stutt has to say if she logs in tomorrow. I'm under the impression that you're not going to die because that would be too easy and life has a plan for you go keep going through this great bwd experience to learn even more lessons. I really hope you find a way to calm yourself down before tonight. I can imagine how worried you must be and I would be too. Hang in there and wait for some professional input before jumping to scary conclusions. Your mum knows nothing about bwd. Everybody has an opinion, it's so annoying, I know.

Please I know it's so difficult but please don't catastrophize. Think "is this thought useful or not useful?". I hope you find a way to get yourself out of the rumination. I know it's easier said than done. I'm thinking of you and rooting for you.

To all the rest, I haven't read anything but I hope you're all hanging in there.

Thanks Janice!

You made me feel better. I would bever get out of bwd that easy!

I just wonder if being in wd is messing up our numbers. I agree The thought is harmful and worrying isnt going to chsnge a thing. You are getting good handling the what ifs!! I am sorry your msrkers came out high. We both need to keep an eye on our levels. It is so hqrd in bwd because its not like we can take many meds. I cant do spinning like my mother says. I tried to explain how we can't overdo it. She doesnt believe it and i should have known about benzos an there addictive and a I need to take responsibility. She always hayed me. I know it. Anyway, I wish i could take the statin. My hdl and triglycerides are perfect.  The ldl, bad is 224 and sb 130.  😂😂 ly Suzy

Hi mmm,

My mean mother said that it took a while before she got hers. She said if you dont get it set up another appt.  For them to call.  Only if you want I know your probably aggravated. Ly dd

Suzy can you open a new thread in other medications asking if this statin interferes with bwd? I don't know anything about that. And please go to the doctor to see how to lower this down and see what stutt says. But please sleep soundly tonight. I tell you, death would be an easy exit from this hell and I suspect we still have to do some time. I'm off to bed. I'm telling cow and rabbit to pray for both of us tonight. Love you :smitten:

Hi Mkm,

You better get that enso today. It is making me angry. It had to be the Holidays. Wonder if you should email them. I am baffled. Ly Dd

Hey DD, was at Dr so long, they way overbooked, my shoulders started screaming, so when I finally got home, I only posted a little and had to give my shoulders a break.  Took a nap, warmed up good, and they feel some better.  Haven't checked my emails yet to check on the enso.  Really could have used the damn thing  :tickedoff: :tickedoff:    How are you sweet DD?  Hope you are in good mood and very little pain.  Love you, Mary 💜💜💜

Awwe..You are so cute!! Cow and rabbit. I will start a thread. Yry to get some rest. Bwd will have its fun with us. No easy way out. Hiw we do this i will bever know. Ly Suzy

Suzy, you can look in our search engine and get lots of info on statins.  One thing I know, is they cause pain in a lot of people.  Oatmeal every morning brought my cholesterol down but I haven't had it taken since withdrawal so I don't know if it's caused it to rise.  I have read a lot of people on here have trouble with them, but like all things benzo, everyone is different.  Try not to worry , I know it's hard.  I can not believe your mom thinks you can do a spinning class.  I wouldn't last 5 minutes.

If I haven't heard from enso soon, I will just wait til after Christmas.  Holidays is always a bad time to straighten anything out.  :smitten: :smitten: 

Hi Mmm,

There you are.  I have been eating oatmeal too. I missed some days. My hdl and trig were very good. The ldl was 224. I know she doesnt believe anything. Its useless. Spinning? We are lucky we can do 30 min. A day of walking. Ok. I just wanted to let you know what she said about the enso. I to9k the statin before but dont know if the statin caused pain or the co from x to v. I eill teadearch it. So sick of life being a buggle puzzle. Ugh ly dd

Hi Mmm,

There you are.  I have been eating oatmeal too. I missed some days. My hdl and trig were very good. The ldl was 224. I know she doesnt believe anything. Its useless. Spinning? We are lucky we can do 30 min. A day of walking. Ok. I just wanted to let you know what she said about the enso. I to9k the statin before but dont know if the statin caused pain or the co from x to v. I eill teadearch it. So sick of life being a buggle puzzle. Ugh ly dd

You need for your cholesterol to come down some, but with the other 2 being so good, you don't need to be scared.  That balances a lot of it .  💜💜

Thank Mm,

I will have ro improve my diet. It could use work.  :-[

Start researching now.....begin Jan 2nd......that's my plan.  Trying now is just failure for me for sure.

Damn holidays have just got to pass :D

Ok, you are right. The holidays!!! Dammit. We will start Jan 2!!!

Lol, yes!  Jan 2nd is the day.  I bet we could have huge group starting something Jan 2nd  :laugh: :laugh:

Thats a good idea! I like that. We should do it. I think it will keep us motivated!!  :thumbsup:

Tomorrow we will see who in this group would like to join.  I am worried about GP :(. I miss her and her humor.  :(

I wish Stut would come on too and give us her opinion.

Yes! Thats a good idea. I think it would be good just to get on a good diet. I mean an even better one. I hope gp is ok. Hope she checks in. She is funny. Stut, is probably looking for her Turkey..lol. she is so cute!!

Yes! Thats a good idea. I think it would be good just to get on a good diet. I mean an even better one. I hope gp is ok. Hope she checks in. She is funny. Stut, is probably looking for her Turkey..lol. she is so cute!!

Lol, yes she is funny and hunting down that turkey.  :D

Ahaaaa! She will get that Turkey one way or anothe!!!!!  :laugh: :laugh:

Hey, look on Withdrawal Support post by Marigold

Qui Gong video, suppose to use whole body and organs, interesting

Do any of you guys know it bwd withdrawal effects cholesterol. Mine has always been high. It is so much worse qnd I csnt take a statin. I took one. For about 6 mos. That was in rhe midst of my muscle pain starting and I stopped. It went up sgain to 344. I am going to die. I have been excercising, eating better. Now I am worse. My mother is telling me to do spinning classes. I cant do tjat in bwd and i can hardly walk. She doesnt believe me. I am never going to survive this

Hey Suzy Q , sometimes cholesterol will remain high despite best effort to lower it. My sister who weighs about 100 lbs soaking wet, and who eats healthy, has very high cholesterol. It's probably genetic for her and it could be for you. So maybe try a different cholesterol lowering drug. Tell your doc that one didn't agree with you. Just my two cents my friend ♥️

Love ya,

TT with my trailing ttttttttttttt's 🙃

Hi Mmm,

You need for your cholesterol to come down some, but with the other 2 being so good, you don't need to be scared.  That balances a lot of it .  💜💜

Mmmmm's is right if you have high HDL it's not that big a deal. HDL is your good cholesterol. Think of it like a broom sweeping out the bad cholesterol, LDL. My cholesterol was 212 last time I had it checked but my HDL is always very high. So they tell me I'm good. So if that's the case you need not worry too much about it. Some Drs stress no matter what but my cardiologist is happy if the HDL is high.

Hope that helps ♥️

Hey Pebbles, a home remedy for lowering LDL cholesterol and raising HDL is apple cider vinegar.  One TBSP in a glass of water, you can add honey for taste.  Also sprinkle cinnamon on your oatmeal or toast.

Thanks you guys. I do think it is generic. My father has it to. Mine eas always high since I eas 24. I worked out everyday ate healthy.

It just got alot worse lately. I really havent been active as much as used to be. This wd its so hard. My ldl is 224. My trug and hdl are good. Dammit. I tried a few eiffetent statins and i gelt horrible. Then the x to v crossover mauled my mucles. I stopped the statin. I.was so scared. I would try it again but not sure my muscles could handle it now. It is getting to hard to stay alive these days.

Gp are you feeling any better?

Try the apple cider vinegar and cinnamon thing Pebbles.  I would avoid statins if possible.  But that's up to your doctor.  My cholesterol has gone up too, probably benzo related.

No, still feeling puny.  Thanks for asking.  At least Im not coughing as much.  Just headaches, back pain AGAIN, no energy. 

[69...]