Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Ahhhh, I just lost my post.

Hi June, that is nice toy celebrate. It really is a nice time of year.  Wow, you ate from Turkey. Thete are ppl from everywere bb. It really is pretty cool. There is positive energy here. This is a wonderful group of ppl. Keep talking and reaching out. It helps you really need to support. We wilk get through this. Ly Suzy

Ahaa Stut,

Spoiling the pups. They must be in heaven. I would spoil them too. Hope you find your Turkey! I still cant believe your cooking 17!! 😨 You can do this! Woohoooo ly Suzy 🎅

this is post from Joyatlast copied from Ashton . I thought it definitely worth copying

" :)Exercise your body. Physical exercise improves the circulation and function of both brain and body. Find an exercise that you enjoy: start at low level, work up gradually and keep it up regularly. Exercise also helps depression, decreases fatigue and increases general fitness.

Exercise your brain. Use your brain to devise methods to improve its efficiency: make lists, do crossword puzzles, find out what bothers you most - there is always a way round it. Cognitive retraining helps people to find ways around their temporary impairment.

Increase your interests. Finding an outside interest which you have to work at employs the brain, increases motivation, diverts attention away from your own symptoms and may even help others.

Calm your emotions. Above all, stop worrying. Worry, fear and anxiety increase all withdrawal symptoms. Many of these symptoms are actually due to anxiety and not signs of brain or nervous system damage. People who fear withdrawal have more intense symptoms than those who just take it as it comes and think positively and confidently about recovery. - Ashton manual"

Hello everyone!

Hey twin I got my ( frozen) turkey today but it's for New Year's Day! I'll grab you one and send it on Mary's drone along with your Xmas present Jimmy Choo! 😁🦃🎁♥️

Cut isn't bad so far Stut but I won't be fooled.. Lag time is always a possibility 😏 but got my hands together 🙏 and my fingers 🤞

To many mmmmm's they'll never impeach him the Senate will equit 🤬 but this is the season for miracles so one can hope 🙏.. that's all I'll say bc I don't want to get in trouble for talking politics 🤐 ♥️

Hey Suzy Q, GP, fh, intend, Bill ( where are ya bill?) VNM, free, English, Espy, olive Kitty, I know I'm missing quite a few but hello to all the newbies 👋 hope everyone had a decent day. Love and prayers for all of you 🙏

TT, too many all the time too many times Trish 😂🎄🎅♥️

Hello everyone!

Hey twin I got my ( frozen) turkey today but it's for New Year's Day! I'll grab you one and send it on Mary's drone along with your Xmas present Jimmy Choo! 😁🦃🎁♥️

Cut isn't bad so far Stut but I won't be fooled.. Lag time is always a possibility 😏 but got my hands together 🙏 and my fingers 🤞

To many mmmmm's they'll never impeach him the Senate will equit 🤬 but this is the season for miracles so one can hope 🙏.. that's all I'll say bc I don't want to get in trouble for talking politics 🤐 ♥️

Hey Suzy Q, GP, fh, intend, Bill ( where are ya bill?) VNM, free, English, Espy, olive Kitty, I know I'm missing quite a few but hello to all the newbies 👋 hope everyone had a decent day. Love and prayers for all of you 🙏

Off to lay on the Shatki TTT, but agree with you.  One thing though, the word Impeachment will always be next to his name.  Long Hold has exploded.  I couldn't do names right now for anything  ;D. But very proud of how everyone has come together to take care of the newbies.  This is a great thread!!

LY, T Many T's, MM. 💜💜💜💜

Hello everyone!

Off to lay on the Shatki TTT, but agree with you.  One thing though, the word Impeachment will always be next to his name.  Long Hold has exploded.  I couldn't do names right now for anything  ;D. But very proud of how everyone has come together to take care of the newbies.  This is a great thread!!

LY, T Many T's, MM. 💜💜💜💜

Ok mm, I hope it gives you relief, enjoy! And yes it will forever be a stain on him and he can do nothing about that 😊

This is a great thread, good people.. LHSG is my home. Grateful I stumbled in here a year and a half ago 🙏

Talk soon my friend.

Love ya,

TT ❤️

Today is our 48th anniversary.

Going to grocery store.

Hi intend! Hope you and Dan enjoyed your anniversary. Love to you Dan and Pepper ♥️

Happy anniversary Intend! It is quite an accomplishment. Suzy and June, I LOVE watching animal videos, especially cats! My boyfriend and I always watch the Tiger productions ones on YouTube, they are so cute and funny and often 10 minutes or longer... they always make me laugh and smile even when I am feeling at my worst. He knows that too and puts them on when I am feeling down.

Mary, enjoy your torture mat! Stut, I hope you get that meat cooked in time!!! What is the hold up?

Trishy, how are those baby kitties doing? You should take cute kitty videos and post them to YouTube and then give us the link so we can live vicariously through you. GP I hope the medicine makes you feel better, how on earth did you get a lung infection? That sounds rough. Hang in there! We are thinking of you.

VNM, Bill, Final, Troch, Meems, Magnolis, Crow... and so many more.. sending you all love and warmth (Or coolness if you are sweating like Cant in Australia)

Happy anniversary Intend! It is quite an accomplishment. Suzy and June, I LOVE watching animal videos, especially cats! My boyfriend and I always watch the Tiger productions ones on YouTube, they are so cute and funny and often 10 minutes or longer... they always make me laugh and smile even when I am feeling at my worst. He knows that too and puts them on when I am feeling down.

Mary, enjoy your torture mat! Stut, I hope you get that meat cooked in time!!! What is the hold up?

Trishy, how are those baby kitties doing? You should take cute kitty videos and post them to YouTube and then give us the link so we can live vicariously through you. GP I hope the medicine makes you feel better, how on earth did you get a lung infection? That sounds rough. Hang in there! We are thinking of you.

VNM, Bill, Final, Troch, Meems, Magnolis, Crow... and so many more.. sending you all love and warmth (Or coolness if you are sweating like Cant in Australia)

Hey Ok, hope you had a good day!!  :D

Hello everyone

It’s been quite a while since I’ve been on.  Seems like I’m so busy now with life, work, Christmas, etc.  I don’t really know many of the newbies but I welcome them all!  I almost feel like a newbie myself!

I will need to do some catching up on here.  I’ve been doing a lot better after the flu was gone, continuing a slow taper down.  Things are going pretty well for me and I know it can be so much worse.  So much suffering I know about it from experience.  But it eventually gets better, just VERY slowly.  I still feel waves and windows, they just very mild so that is good.  I can still tell my system is on a delicate balance.  Get a little too tired, or don’t eat right, and I can feel the symptoms ramp up.  Thankfully when they do I come out of it much more quickly.

Just keep going everyone, stabilize if you need to, hold a long time if you need to, we will get there.  These drugs can be just awful.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Bill

Thank you to everyone for wishing me a happy anniversary. It is quite of an accomplishment when I think about it.

Off to bed now for Dan, Pepper and me. 😴 💤

Hi Intend!

Congrats again! It really is such an accomplishment. Somethng to be very proud of. I hope you are feeling better. Sure miss tou around here. Ly Dd  :smitten:  :thumbsup:

Troch,

Hope you are feeling ok. Hope the mucles arent too bad. I know how exhausting and painful it can be. It is like 2.degrees here.  It os kind of hard to get out and walk in this weather. I am going to have to find some excercise to do in the house. I do l8ke to get outside though. Maybe I will. Ly Suzy

Wow 48 years!  Way to go Intend.  Wishing you many more happy anniversaries.

Still feeling crappy. Not coughing as much.  Low energy and headaches.

Hey Kitty!  Bf was so so sick a week ago,plus this weather.  Ne day it’s 80 next it’s 40.  Maybe my immune system is sleeping on the job.

Happy days to you all LHSG

Hello Suzy, Thanks for asking. Today is quite a bit better. My feet hurt, so I didn't go for a walk today,  but instead got on my bike twice! This morning I went to the shop to get some underwear and T-shirts.  This afternoon I got on my bike and paid my sister a visit. We had tea and a nice talk. Today was an almost springtime like day: no wind, sunshine and 12 degrees Celsius. So I did get my exercise done, but with less pain.

When the weather is too bad I walk and stretch my muscles in the house, just like you. And when watching TV I use the commercial breaks for the same thing: do a little walking. I try to get to the daily 30 minutes.  Hope you have a good day! X

Hey folks,

Thanks again! 💛🧡

I feel like I’m back again, but having some problems and maybe need to air them here. I need some advice and plain old understanding.

I need to attend to some trouble with my email first, and then I’ll be back.

Do any of you guys know it bwd withdrawal effects cholesterol. Mine has always been high. It is so much worse qnd I csnt take a statin. I took one. For about 6 mos. That was in rhe midst of my muscle pain starting and I stopped. It went up sgain to 344. I am going to die. I have been excercising, eating better. Now I am worse. My mother is telling me to do spinning classes. I cant do tjat in bwd and i can hardly walk. She doesnt believe me. I am never going to survive this

[b2...]