Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hey Bill! Yes, it's true I am a blonde and unfortunately I give truth to the blonde jokes 😂😂

Anyway I really want you to know how much I reduced so I'm going to give this a shot again 🥺

So I took a quarter of my . 25 mg pill and I cut that in half and took one of those halfs away. Does that make sense? So instead of dropping by a full quarter of a pill I dropped half of that quarter piece away. It's so tiny but I think I'm feeling a tad bit of that cut this morning. I feel a slight heaviness to my chest but nothing alarming or scary. I will wait this cut out until any symtoms that arise are completely gone. I am being much more careful this time, I suffered way too much over the past few months and I just cannot go back there.

Be well Bill!

TT🙂

Hi everyone!

Hope you all have a good day! I'm off to my grandson's t ball game and then going apple picking with the family. We've been trying to get this in for the past couple of weeks! Mary I'll bake you an apple pie, Stut you as well my beautiful twin and maybe I'll throw in some chicken soup with that as well, feel better we love you! Please don't worry I'll be careful with this cut I promise. I'm getting very familiar with normal anxiety and chemical anxiety 🤦 get yourself better my better half! Love you much ♥️

Anyone else want an apple pie? Just place your orders here😄 🍎🥧

Love to all be back later!

TT♥️

Hey Bill! Yes, it's true I am a blonde and unfortunately I give truth to the blonde jokes 😂😂

Anyway I really want you to know how much I reduced so I'm going to give this a shot again 🥺

So I took a quarter of my . 25 mg pill and I cut that in half and took one of those halfs away. Does that make sense? So instead of dropping by a full quarter of a pill I dropped half of that quarter piece away. It's so tiny but I think I'm feeling a tad bit of that cut this morning. I feel a slight heaviness to my chest but nothing alarming or scary. I will wait this cut out until any symtoms that arise are completely gone. I am being much more careful this time, I suffered way too much over the past few months and I just cannot go back there.

Be well Bill!

TT🙂

.25 divided by 2 = .125.  :)

Good morning all - been a few days since I posted.  Oh I feel like crap this morning.  I really feel like I’m going to die.  I think it’s the anxiety but you know that feeling where you feel like there is something wrong with you.  I’m also not eating healthy.  So that doesn’t help.  It’s early to get up here in LA. I got up at 3:30 am.  Was luck I got about 3 more hours.  I have thoughts on my head about just cutting more.  Go down to 4.5mg from 5mg just to get this poison out of my body.  I’m feeling so impatient.  What are some of the things or ways you guys eat? 

~meems

Good morning all - been a few days since I posted.  Oh I feel like crap this morning.  I really feel like I’m going to die.  I think it’s the anxiety but you know that feeling where you feel like there is something wrong with you.  I’m also not eating healthy.  So that doesn’t help.  It’s early to get up here in LA. I got up at 3:30 am.  Was luck I got about 3 more hours.  I have thoughts on my head about just cutting more.  Go down to 4.5mg from 5mg just to get this poison out of my body.  I’m feeling so impatient.  What are some of the things or ways you guys eat? 

~meems

Hey Meems, before you cut, how are your symptoms doing?  It's only been 2 months, are you feeling pretty stable?  I just eat normally.  Mostly try to eat healthy and cheat on weekends.  Many follow different diets.  I bet you could put diets in search under you avatar and read about a lot of diets.  Ashton said no special diet was necessary, just eat healthy, but everyone is different.  Hope some more come on here to post.  LY, Mary 💜

Hi meems

I know how you feel. I try to stay away from fast food. I feel slot hetter when i just make something st home. I feel like crap too. Mprnings are always the worst. I wouldnt cut that much it is alot. The consensus seems to be that if you are having bad sx you should hold. That will give you body time to stabilize. Im sure others could explain in better. Im sorry you feel so bad.  :-[

Thank god mm, I really cant add that extra stress. I just eat as healthy as i can.  :smitten:

And truthfully, most of the diets sound pretty bad :(. As bad as I feel sometimes, food is a treat.  I am just not ready to give it up  :)

Hi meems

I know how you feel. I try to stay away from fast food. I feel slot hetter when i just make something st home. I feel like crap too. Mprnings are always the worst. I wouldnt cut that much it is alot. The consensus seems to be that if you are having bad sx you should hold. That will give you body time to stabilize. Im sure others could explain in better. Im sorry you feel so bad.  :-[

You explained it well DD.

Hi v,

I have no idea how im still around. All i kmow is i was on 3 to 4 k. I started a .5 and the script would last me a year. Then it progressively  went up. I felt ok.Then when i went to the alc detox and found out how bad they were i started weaning of wgen i got home . I was ok i think.i was down to 1 mg. Then i saw pdoc she took me off. Then from there it got worse. She put me on .05 3x a day. Then everything was crazy and i was polydrugged. Eventually i went back to my old psych because i could not understand why i would be on all these meds. I just stopped taking most of then and stuck with the ad and wad put back on 3k. I tried not to take to much. I just didnt feel right. I didnt have the trembling and pain like know. I think i had akesethesia. Still jusr not right. Just really scary stuff. It went away. Then she changed me to xanax and that is when the trembling srated

She didnt believe me. It eas pretty obvios it was wd.  So i stayed that was for awhile. Ugh. Then i was done

I said i wanted to go on valium. I found a new psych. So i just got the valium and swirched over. It was done wrong and i got slammed with the pins and needles mucle pain ugh. Nrw psych said i could take 3 k. It made no difference if i took 3 or 1. So I took one. Now here i am. I cant remember the half of it. I def feel more like myself. I will never understamd it. I hope i can heal. I jope i have the strength to kerp doing this. 3 and 1/2 years of thinking i was posessed or something. Sorry i just rambled on as usual. I cant check for typos because i hate even thunking about it. Do you think my receptors are fried forever.

Be well Bill!

TT🙂

Mary, Trishy

This math stuff boggles our already boggled minds!  I’m going to go through it real slow to make sure I’m getting it

You started with a half of a 0.25 mg pill.  That’s 0.125 mg so Mary’s right!

But you cut that in half so it’s now 0.0625 mg, right?

So you cut 0.0625 out of 1.125 which is about 5%.  A little more than I thought but still not bad.

Hang in there and hold for awhile and you’ll be fine!

Be well Bill!

TT🙂

Mary, Trishy

This math stuff boggles our already boggled minds!  I’m going to go through it real slow to make sure I’m getting it

You started with a half of a 0.25 mg pill.  That’s 0.125 mg so Mary’s right!

But you cut that in half so it’s now 0.0625 mg, right?

So you cut 0.0625 out of 1.125 which is about 5%.  A little more than I thought but still not bad.

Hang in there and hold for awhile and you’ll be fine!

I am glad you caught that, I thought she cut 1/2 of .25, but she cut 1/2 of that, so .0625 dived by 1.125 = .055 %

I want , if possible we put the equation in front of her, hoping she will catch on.  I think it would make her taper more clear to her and us.  A good thing  :)

Thank god mm, I really cant add that extra stress. I just eat as healthy as i can.  :smitten:

And truthfully, most of the diets sound pretty bad :(. As bad as I feel sometimes, food is a treat.  I am just not ready to give it up  :)

Hi everyone!

Hope you all have a good day! I'm off to my grandson's t ball game and then going apple picking with the family. We've been trying to get this in for the past couple of weeks! Mary I'll bake you an apple pie, Stut you as well my beautiful twin and maybe I'll throw in some chicken soup with that as well, feel better we love you! Please don't worry I'll be careful with this cut I promise. I'm getting very familiar with normal anxiety and chemical anxiety 🤦 get yourself better my better half! Love you much ♥️

TT♥️

I'll take some apple pie!  I actually just love the apple pie crusts. Do you do specialty items like that? 🥧

Morning Final glad you are staying somewhat level.Do what you can and hopefully the lower you go the better you will feel.love to you.

Hi Stut,  I'm sorry the virus really got a hold of you. I think it can when our bodies are worn out from wirhdrawal and life's responsibilities.  I'm glad your daughter is coming by again and I hope your aunt is on the mend. 

I'm doing okay.  I feel underwater most of the time but am staying pretty level. I do get weepy about my lack of spark but not as much as it was and I know that lack is due to the side effects of Clonzapam. That's why I'm headed slowly down to hopefully get some brain functioning back. Still trying to walk daily. 

Hello, my symptoms are still there.  I’m not completely stable.  So much anxiety and fear which feeds more anxiety and fear.  But funny I asked the food question.  I think o found the  culprits(s).  My mother made homemade chicken soup and the broth had MSG in it.  Plus I never eat fast food but I had mcDonalds a couple days ago.  Plus have don’t been eating on a regular schedule.  Skipping meals, etc.  I just read the propaganda post (thank you Mary for suggesting I read it) and I don’t think I’m ready for a cut. Especially with stressful holidays coming up. 

But damn I could use some of that apple pie right about now.  😜

~meems

Yup meems,

Fast.food i can tell a difference. My mood,.my anxiety and.my stomach is messed up. Benzo belly. I notice i can only eat small meals . All the good stuff revs up sx.  I still do it here and there  :laugh:

Hi everyone!

TT♥️

I'll take some apple pie!  I actually just love the apple pie crusts. Do you do specialty items like that? 🥧

FH, yes she does virtual speciality apple pies  ;):laugh: :laugh:  I like the crust best too  :D

Hello, my symptoms are still there.  I’m not completely stable.  So much anxiety and fear which feeds more anxiety and fear.  But funny I asked the food question.  I think o found the  culprits(s).  My mother made homemade chicken soup and the broth had MSG in it.  Plus I never eat fast food but I had mcDonalds a couple days ago.  Plus have don’t been eating on a regular schedule.  Skipping meals, etc.  I just read the propaganda post (thank you Mary for suggesting I read it) and I don’t think I’m ready for a cut. Especially with stressful holidays coming up. 

But damn I could use some of that apple pie right about now.  😜

~meems

Trishy has everyone in this group craving apple pie  :D.  I think you made a good decision about holding longer Meem.  💜

~meems

Hi Meems97,

Mornings can be so tough during withdrawal.  Whether I sleep or not, I usually wake up with anxiey.  Then it's a combination of brain fog and exhaustion.  I'm really impatient as well and have to fight daily not to make big cuts.

I do eat pretty cleanly. It started when I was tapering my other meds. I dont eat sugar, dairy, caffeine, or gluten. I'm not allergic to gluten but it can cause extra inflammation for some. I eat potatoes, sweet potatoes, rice and gluten free oatmeal.  The rest is protein, vegetables and fruit.  I'm not perfect at this but probably around 98%  Every once an awhile I eat some bread.  I dont really have an appetite right now so I just try to keep eating to keep my blood sugar level. 

I miss coffee the most and really look forward to some day having a cup of coffee someday.  I'll probably start with decafe.

I know I dont drink enough water so am trying to up that more. 

Hi everyone!

TT♥️

FH, yes she does virtual speciality apple pies  ;):laugh: :laugh:  I like the crust best too  :D

I also just mostly like the icing on cakes. One year for my birthday, my husband had a bakery make an all icing cake for me. I kept it in the freezer but after 3 days, I was definitely sick of eating just icing.  He was so sweet to do it. 

Hi everyone!

TT♥️

I also just mostly like the icing on cakes. One year for my birthday, my husband had a bakery make an all icing cake for me. I kept it in the freezer but after 3 days, I was definitely sick of eating just icing.  He was so sweet to do it.

Me too!!  But my husband never had an icing cake made for me.  OMG, that sounds good  :laugh: :laugh:  I do cut extra icing off the top and sides and leave the cake  :D.....oh no, now craving apple pie and icing  :laugh: :laugh:

BILL! I GOT IT! 😃😃

I CUT 0.03125 HALF OF A QUARTER PIECE OF PILL THAT WAS 0.0625 UNTIL I CUT THAT IN HALF!

Picture  one pill cut into 4 equal pieces now set aside one quarter and cut that in half and eliminate one piece of that cut!

Oh God why did you short me in the math brain department 🤦

FH, I'm like burger King.. all we ask is that you let us serve it your way 😂😂 one crust pie coming up!  :D

Check in later peeps in the car on the way to the orchard! 😃🍎

[8c...]