Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Yes. I am going to drink sparking water. Diet xoje is no good. This is going to kill me. Im going of slowwww!

But don't stop all at once or you can have caffeine withdrawal.    :P

Ok, you guys, I got other posts I need to check on.  Love you, have a good night, will try to hop back on  :smitten: :smitten:

Yes. I am going to drink sparking water. Diet xoje is no good. This is going to kill me. Im going of slowwww!

But don't stop all at once or you can have caffeine withdrawal.    :P

Ok, you guys, I got other posts I need to check on.  Love you, have a good night, will try to hop back on  :smitten: :smitten:

I'm out too. I'll be going up to bed soon. Good night everyone.

Love to all,

TT♥️

Feel better my favorite Brit ❤️

Hi intend,

Good to see you here. How are you and Dan?

Hello. I’ve not posted in days and I’ve had a little crisis today so that’s it for me today.

I luv it tt!! Wait till stut reads this ib the morning. Wgat hapoened to intend. I saw her name and she didnt say anything.

Yep, didn’t say a thing and not going to. Good night everyone.

I luv it tt!! Wait till stut reads this ib the morning. Wgat hapoened to intend. I saw her name and she didnt say anything.

Yep, didn’t say a thing and not going to. Good night everyone.

What happened?

[f7...]

I don’t get how you can do a long hold without struggling with tolerance withdrawal symptoms.  Do you just stay and bear it?

Hi Look-up! Glad to have you on board.  I think, and this is my own opinion that sometimes we confuse tolerance withdrawal with just plain old withdrawal.  I know this has been debated ad nauseam on the forum. Here is a quote I picked up a while back:

Tolerance withdrawal" is a phrase that's tossed around a lot and usually, in my opinion, used wrongly. In fact most of the time I think it's referring to prolonged withdrawal symptoms. In fact I don't think you can really use the phrase "tolerance withdrawal" during a taper, because by definition tolerance withdrawal is something that happens when you're taking steady ongoing doses of a benzo."

The purpose of a long hold is to stabilize a destabilized system that has been shocked due to removal of the drug.  I found that the body will go through the windows and waves pattern as it tries to stabilize and this can go on for a while.  Even when I held, I did not make it to the point of being symptom free, but I did reach a point where symptoms were tolerable and I was able to live my life as I would if I was not on Benzos. 

You will do great!  Just go slow and listen to your body.  Becoming anxious and wanting to get off quick is what got me into trouble  and I had to hold and then proceed carefully.  You'll do great!

Ok I just had to catch up like 5 pages in a couple hours!!!!

I'm behind the times but I must interject and say OMGGGG I miss my iced mocha, it was one of my favorite things ever! I was never addicted to coffee but oooh what a treat on a hot day. Sigh. Haven't had it in 3 years. Maybe I will try a little soon.

Hi Olive.  Me and Pumpkin Spice coffee.

Intend, are you ok?  Where have you been.  Hope you are ok.

Good nite LHSG,I fell asleep earlier so doubt i can sleep tonight..

Good morning Stut.

Hello Guinea! I'm up because I've been reading a good book. Thought I'd just say hello as you are doing the night shift on your own. Please give your gorgeous dog a cuddle from me. Hope you can get some more sleep.  Gxxx 💙

Hey Bill just sending out a hello to you! How are you doing? Is the taper still going well? I'll be in the trenches again soon make sure you look for me there!  :laugh: :laugh:

Trish ;)

Hi TT

I’ve been doing pretty well lately.  Waves really only happen when I’m over tired or have a lot of stress.  Even then I Really don’t get any strong waves anymore, but I will get some depression mainly and only in the morning.  And each week that goes by I feel gradually stronger, but it’s still very gradual.  I’m happy about the way it’s going though.

I’m tapering very slowly still using the liquid.  I’m currently at 0.6 mg even.  Making progress!  However you do it I hope you consider a microtaper when you start down again.  Move extremely slowly and you can avoid any strong symptoms.

I will be around, I think you’re going to do fine on your taper when you start!

Bill

Hi Bill!

I'm so happy those waves aren't knocking you over anymore! That's great news Bill, you'll be off before you know it 🙂

I don't know what came over me today but I decided to make a cut a little sooner than planned. I am not good in math as you know but what I did was I took a quarter of a pill and cut that in half and so I took three quarters of a half if that makes sense. Usually I just cut an entire quarter of a pill out but I cut less then that this time. I was going to cut a quarter of a pill out Nov 1 but I thought I'd cut smaller and by Nov 1 I'll cut that other tiny piece of the quarter out so then the whole quarter will be gone by then. That's what I'm doing for now. Also found out from my daughter in law who used to work for my Dr that I could get liquid Xanax. So I'm thinking it over for now.

Be well Bill so glad everything is going well for you!

TT :)

Correction I meant I took 3 quarters of the quarter of a  pill. Uh no head for math 🤦

It’s great you’re moving down again Trishy!  Your math is confusing me.  See if I do it right:  So you cut 1/4 of 1/4 of a pill?  Hmm, that’s 1/16 of a pill.  If it’s a 1/2 mg pill that is 1/32 of a mg which is 0.03125 mg.  Out of 1.125 total that’s a little less than 3 %.  That’s probably not too bad!  I’d wait a good couple weeks before going down again though, but you should do ok on that.

Have a good day!

Bill

Yes Bill! The latter! Lol!! I'm cutting from a half of a pill. Picture the half pill broken into 4 equal parts. I took one piece away. Which left me with 3 pieces. Does that make sense? But if you look at it this way.. Imagine a full pill cut into 4 equal pieces then take one piece and cut that in half and take away one half from that.. I'm blonde Bill does it show??😂😂

Anyway, I believe you're right it would be about 3% reduction. Day 2 of this cut but I will proceed with extreme caution this time around.

So glad you checked in , hope you're still doing well in your taper.

TT🙂

Omg! I screwed that up 😂😂 ignore the first part of my terrible math in that post.. You're right though it's about 3%. 🤦

Hi Trishy

Blonde!  I should have known!  Well that’s ok, you’ll figure it out I’m sure.  I’m still not 100% sure how much you cut, but it sounds like a small amount and you should be ok.  Have a good night!

Ahh v, I just wrote rthis long post and lost it. I am going to hold. IFrom now on i sm.doing tje oppodite of what my brain tells me. Eushing doesnt make it end any sooner. I think i messed up my sig. I was a shaky mess and screwed it up. Im in .80 k and 900 gabap and effexor. I feel a little bit better today.  It is on and off. Hehe.  :smitten: :smitten:

Suzy, wow you're down to 0.8 k, you've come such a long way and I see that not so long ago you were in 3 and 2. You've made very big cuts and the cts and everything, I really think it's a miracle you're even writing here and I owe it to how strong of a woman you are. Just hold on to those 0.8 k. It could even take a year or more, who cares. The thing is to start feeling more like your old self again, working, making money to get your family off your back, and only THEN you start a really slow, symptom based taper. I know you can get to that point of stability but you need to take exactly the same amount of all your meds every day for months, with no changes. This is my take, you know I'm no expert. My psychiatrist says the worst for the brain is changes. Your brain is trying to heal but if it has to handle more changes in any of your three psych drugs your brain again has to adapt to that change while it's already struggling to find some balance. One withdrawal symptom is wanting to rush, but what we actually need is just the opposite.

About diet coke, I guess one caffeine free of those a day won't kill you. But your body will tell you best. I drink diet tonic water all day.

Love,

VNM

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Morning Intend are you ok?l hope you are.We are here if you want a chat.Love to you and Dan.

. Morning Gilly thank you my lovely.l don't talk about myself as it doesn't help.Some people just assume because you don't talk about withdrawal that you are doing well.l am not having fun but it ain't gonna kill me so l will continue to keep plodding on.lt is hard and can be soul destroying but I always hold on to the fact it is withdrawal and as crap as it is it will end.l really hope you turn a corner very soon my love.l also think yes this is chemical however coping strategies work for this as well as normal anxiety.ln other words working on yourself will help you regardless.love you.

Morning Trish that's ok my love just don't cut if you feel an uptick in withdrawal.Targets are all well and good however it is about keeping withdrawal manageable.Keep a note of your withdrawal symptoms sweetheart and you will probably have a better idea of when to cut.l think you are feeling a little anxious at the moment sweetheart so try to stay calm.l know this is scary however you will be fine.love you my lST.

Morning Janice yes l will drag you over the finish line kicking and screaming 😘.l still feel has though l have a mountain to climb however l will get there.No the withdrawal symptoms are still cycling through so a long way to go before they settle.l hope you enjoy your weekend with your lovely daughter.Get the board games out.Love you.

Morning Final glad you are staying somewhat level.Do what you can and hopefully the lower you go the better you will feel.love to you.

Morning GP did you not sleep well last honey?lt will settle down my love.l go through spells of bad sleep then it settles down for a while.love you.

Morning Suzy yes this is horrible but you must be patient.l know this seems endless however holding is your best option at the moment.Try to keep your mind occupied and don't let the anxiety get the better of you.love you.

Morning Olive always good to see you here honey.Are the withdrawal symptoms staying manageable? Congratulations on your cut you are near the end.Just keep it slow and steady.love to you.

Morning Valley yes l have the same problem when l wake in the morning.lt takes a long time to catch up l generally skip lady Mary and Trish's posts 😉.l hope you have a good day and enjoy your days off.love to you.

Morning lady Mary l am ok not great but hanging in there.l have had the stuffing knocked out of me by this damn virus so l hope once it has ran it's course the withdrawal will lessen.My daughter will be home for a couple of days so l probably won't be on.Haven't got the medication yet so l will be on that today.l hope your eyes are ok honey please be careful not to overdo it.love you my lady Mary hen.

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Morning Intend are you ok?l hope you are.We are here if you want a chat.Love to you and Dan.

. Morning Gilly thank you my lovely.l don't talk about myself as it doesn't help.Some people just assume because you don't talk about withdrawal that you are doing well.l am not having fun but it ain't gonna kill me so l will continue to keep plodding on.lt is hard and can be soul destroying but I always hold on to the fact it is withdrawal and as crap as it is it will end.l really hope you turn a corner very soon my love.l also think yes this is chemical however coping strategies work for this as well as normal anxiety.ln other words working on yourself will help you regardless.love you.

Morning Trish that's ok my love just don't cut if you feel an uptick in withdrawal.Targets are all well and good however it is about keeping withdrawal manageable.Keep a note of your withdrawal symptoms sweetheart and you will probably have a better idea of when to cut.l think you are feeling a little anxious at the moment sweetheart so try to stay calm.l know this is scary however you will be fine.love you my lST.

Morning Janice yes l will drag you over the finish line kicking and screaming 😘.l still feel has though l have a mountain to climb however l will get there.No the withdrawal symptoms are still cycling through so a long way to go before they settle.l hope you enjoy your weekend with your lovely daughter.Get the board games out.Love you.

Morning Final glad you are staying somewhat level.Do what you can and hopefully the lower you go the better you will feel.love to you.

Morning GP did you not sleep well last honey?lt will settle down my love.l go through spells of bad sleep then it settles down for a while.love you.

Morning Suzy yes this is horrible but you must be patient.l know this seems endless however holding is your best option at the moment.Try to keep your mind occupied and don't let the anxiety get the better of you.love you.

Morning Olive always good to see you here honey.Are the withdrawal symptoms staying manageable? Congratulations on your cut you are near the end.Just keep it slow and steady.love to you.

Morning Valley yes l have the same problem when l wake in the morning.lt takes a long time to catch up l generally skip lady Mary and Trish's posts 😉.l hope you have a good day and enjoy your days off.love to you.

Morning lady Mary l am ok not great but hanging in there.l have had the stuffing knocked out of me by this damn virus so l hope once it has ran it's course the withdrawal will lessen.My daughter will be home for a couple of days so l probably won't be on.Haven't got the medication yet so l will be on that today.l hope your eyes are ok honey please be careful not to overdo it.love you my lady Mary hen.

Oh, Stut, I am so sorry you caught the damn flu.  Never did you let on how bad it was.  I am so glad your daughter will be there with you.  Gardie's little hamster passed away.  She said he was very old.    :-\. You are welcome to skip my posts, I would too  :). I always make sure you know something if I think it's important.  I love you my Queen.  I guess we will see you back in a few days, will seem longer.  Lady Mary x the hen.  💜💜💜💜💜

Thata funny gilly.. the night shift.

I just woke up jim is up and making noise  :o

I have heen reading a bout gabba and glutamate.  I first wanted to know how to lower it my avoiding foods. Its all getting very confusind and i have to start  over. Too early for this.

Thata funny gilly.. the night shift.

I just woke up jim is up and making noise  :o

I have heen reading a bout gabba and glutamate.  I first wanted to know how to lower it my avoiding foods. Its all getting very confusind and i have to start  over. Too early for this.

Morning DD, Ashton says you don't have to try any  type of diet, just to eat healthy.  I know a lot of people eat specific diets on here.  So, it's up to you, if you want to try one.  It is very confusing.

Love ya, Mary  :D

Really, keeping your anxiety and stress down will do more for that glutamate than anything  ;)

[af...]