Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Oh, Suzy, forgot to mention that I used to lose messages all the time. It is so frustrating when it takes so much effort to write them.  It will improve.  Gxxx 💙

Dave is asleep watching the tv so I guess I can go with the "living dead" analogy! 😀 xxx 💙

Yup, Rich will be just like Dave in a short time from now. He can't sit on the couch for long he nods right off.  ;D

That damn agoraphobia! Now that I think about it we're like the zombies while going through wd aka the living dead 😏 🧟‍♀️.. yeah that's kinda what I look like I'm the thick of it  :laugh: :laugh:

Hi Gilly,

So.much better today! Still a little beat up but feels like I migjt be adjusting. Im not trembling!!! That was crazy. I hate that.  How are you feeling? You sound really good lately  :thumbsup::smitten:

The sweating is rediculous  lol

Wow.  I had a lot of catching up to do lol.  For all of you who are struggling, It does get better I promise.  I remember thinking that I would never get off and that it was going to take forever.  I resolved to take as long as necessary and remain as functional  as possible and guess what? the time passed and now I'm on the other side and can't believe it's been a year and half since I jumped. 

Hang in there.  You're all going to make it!  :thumbsup:--V

And we all need to hear it!!  And having you here, is better than just hearing it, it's having positive proof in a real live human , we kinda sorta know  :D.  telling us.  :laugh::smitten:

Amen to that! From your lips to God's ears Vali 🙏

Suzy,

Have you ever tried to give up your diet Coke? I know it's hard but it'll help with those shakes. I had to reduce my caffeine intake to almost nothing. I have one to two cans of diet Coke a day max.

TT

Hi mmm,

How are you feeling today? Are you able to see better again? My eyed went back to blur again. So weird!  :smitten: :smitten:

My right eye was pretty clear but damn benzo's got the left one.  :)

Hi TT,

I really have been trying to cut back. I do get the caffeine free. Everytime i drink it, I know I shouldnt be. I have been drinking it so long. I bet it would make a difference.  Its the one joy i have left. I am going to try. Probably will get irratable!! Lol

Hi TT,

I really have been trying to cut back. I do get the caffeine free. Everytime i drink it, I know I shouldnt be. I have been drinking it so long. I bet it would make a difference.  Its the one joy i have left. I am going to try. Probably will get irratable!! Lol

Yeah I hear ya. I love my diet Coke I've been drinking it for years. I would drink about 8 cans a day and I loved it. I drink decaf now accept for the one or two cans a day. I try to mostly keep it at one and I usually have it in the afternoon. I look forward to it. Sucks!

Hi mmm,

How are you feeling today? Are you able to see better again? My eyed went back to blur again. So weird!  :smitten: :smitten:

My right eye was pretty clear but damn benzo's got the left one.  :)

Oh look she appeared just like that! Like Houdini  :laugh: :laugh:

I used to Starbucks Vente Mocha Light Latte, it was always a treat too many times a week.  I did really miss them for awhile  :(

Benzos rob us of so much.. even simple little pleasures  >:(

Ohhh..I miss those days. I can go thtough s bottle s day. I have always drank slot of fluids. Some ppl have z few drinks a day. No mot me. I drink all day. Starbucks  would send us over the edge now.  :laugh:

Suzy, It is important that we have some pleasures in life. My bf drinks Diet Coke all the time but I had to give it up. Now I have sparkling mineral water. And if I take a sip of Dave's Diet Coke it tastes disgusting now! It reminds me of when my Mum weaned me off sugar in my cup of tea. Now I don't drink tea either, but you catch my drift.

Now, I am no angel! I've been eating chocolate tonight and on Saturdays we have a Just Eat takeaway. But it would be so helpful if you gave up the caffeine. Think of something you would enjoy instead of the Diet Coke. If it isn't cheap then treat yourself. Is there something you would enjoy instead?

Btw, if you drink a lot of Diet Coke then don't just give it up. Do it gradually. I think you know that, but I'm saying that just in case.

I remember that scientists somehow gave some spiders caffeine and others no caffeine. The ones with caffeine could not spin webs. The things they made were crap. The other spiders made perfect webs.

So listen to Auntie Trish. She is right. For once....  :laugh:  :laugh:

Love, Gxxx 💙

Oh mm, thst sucks! sometimes they feel worse st night.  I was seeing halfs of things snd blurry dots. It stopped. My eyes look like junk. Did you read the link i put in my plog?

I used to Starbucks Vente Mocha Light Latte, it was always a treat too many times a week.  I did really miss them for awhile  :(

Benzos rob us of so much.. even simple little pleasures  >:(

I know and it's so many of the little things that meant so much......

Oh mm, thst sucks! sometimes they feel worse st night.  I was seeing halfs of things snd blurry dots. It stopped. My eyes look like junk. Did you read the link i put in my plog?

Going now, was eating dinner

[a3...]