Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

I don’t get how you can do a long hold without struggling with tolerance withdrawal symptoms.  Do you just stay and bear it?

Hi Look-up! Glad to have you on board.  I think, and this is my own opinion that sometimes we confuse tolerance withdrawal with just plain old withdrawal.  I know this has been debated ad nauseam on the forum. Here is a quote I picked up a while back:

Tolerance withdrawal" is a phrase that's tossed around a lot and usually, in my opinion, used wrongly. In fact most of the time I think it's referring to prolonged withdrawal symptoms. In fact I don't think you can really use the phrase "tolerance withdrawal" during a taper, because by definition tolerance withdrawal is something that happens when you're taking steady ongoing doses of a benzo."

The purpose of a long hold is to stabilize a destabilized system that has been shocked due to removal of the drug.  I found that the body will go through the windows and waves pattern as it tries to stabilize and this can go on for a while.  Even when I held, I did not make it to the point of being symptom free, but I did reach a point where symptoms were tolerable and I was able to live my life as I would if I was not on Benzos. 

You will do great!  Just go slow and listen to your body.  Becoming anxious and wanting to get off quick is what got me into trouble  and I had to hold and then proceed carefully.  You'll do great!

Wow.  I had a lot of catching up to do lol.  For all of you who are struggling, It does get better I promise.  I remember thinking that I would never get off and that it was going to take forever.  I resolved to take as long as necessary and remain as functional  as possible and guess what? the time passed and now I'm on the other side and can't believe it's been a year and half since I jumped. 

Hang in there.  You're all going to make it!  :thumbsup:--V

Wow.  I had a lot of catching up to do lol.  For all of you who are struggling, It does get better I promise.  I remember thinking that I would never get off and that it was going to take forever.  I resolved to take as long as necessary and remain as functional  as possible and guess what? the time passed and now I'm on the other side and can't believe it's been a year and half since I jumped. 

Hang in there.  You're all going to make it!  :thumbsup:--V

And we all need to hear it!!  And having you here, is better than just hearing it, it's having positive proof in a real live human , we kinda sorta know  :D.  telling us.  :laugh::smitten:

Hi, I really can't read everything but I want to say hello.

Excuse me if I don't address each of you. Will do when I have more time.

Suzy please keep holding. I thought I'd never get better but it does. But darling you have to hold months, not weeks, in order to see an improvement when you're CNS has been shocked severely. Hang in there please.

Guinea pig I'm hooked on your progress log. I'm so sorry you have all these physical ailments though I'm glad you're referred to all the doctors. Go to all of them. You want to be sure. Yes, your doctor seems as misinformed on bwd as the average doctor. It's an international epidemic. Don't they watch CNN? GP keep that bf of yours. A handyman is worth gold these days.

Stutt thanks for being there always. I hope you're stabilizing from the last cut. I'm ok now, don't worry about me. My wds are no longer the SI kind thank the lord. I hope you're fully recovered from the virus. I'm glad your daughter is well, that's always a relief. Girl, you'll soon be off this crap. I envy you. Hold an imaginary string to pull me out with you. Promise me.

Mary I hope the procedure goes well on your other eye.

Bill, valley, Trish, Gilly, olive kitty and NJstrength if you're reading... I hope everyone finds some peace from the suffering, whether it's benzo related or not.

Hugs, VNM

Suzy please keep holding. I thought I'd never get better but it does. But darling you have to hold months, not weeks, in order to see an improvement when you're CNS has been shocked severely. Hang in there please.

Guinea pig I'm hooked on your progress log. I'm so sorry you have all these physical ailments though I'm glad you're referred to all the doctors. Go to all of them. You want to be sure. Yes, your doctor seems as misinformed on bwd as the average doctor. It's an international epidemic. Don't they watch CNN? GP keep that bf of yours. A handyman is worth gold these days.

Stutt thanks for being there always. I hope you're stabilizing from the last cut. I'm ok now, don't worry about me. My wds are no longer the SI kind thank the lord. I hope you're fully recovered from the virus. I'm glad your daughter is well, that's always a relief. Girl, you'll soon be off this crap. I envy you. Hold an imaginary string to pull me out with you. Promise me.

Bill, valley, Trish, Gilly, olive kitty and NJstrength if you're reading... I hope everyone finds some peace from the suffering, whether it's benzo related or not.

Hugs, VNM

Hey you, glad you posted and glad to hear you are feeling better!!    M ♥️

Hi v!

I have been so worried about you. You sound a little better. Please check in and let us know you are ok. Only when you can.  No pressure. I am holding still on this toxic poisin as much as i want to toss it. I am glad you are holding too. No rush. Slow and steady love u dd :smitten:

Well I'm pretty sure I'm in the wrong room. I have 8 years of benzos under my belt. Thanks Doc ! Anyways. I'm trying to learn this site. Reading stories has given me hope & anxiety. I'm going to prepare to taper very soon. I just want to learn how to navigate this great group. Before my brain goes all cuckoo on me. I'm on this site with my phone. I'm thinking it will be easier on the computer. I'm definitely looking forward to tapering. I'm about as expected as someone who has been punched in the nose. While stepping in dog poo. Not looking forward to it at all. But I'm blessed to have found you all. Have a great day or night. Where ever you all may be.

One day, welcome to the group. Go very slowly and usually you'll be ok. I'm glad you found us.

Hi v!

I have been so worried about you. You sound a little better. Please check in and let us know you are ok. Only when you can.  No pressure. I am holding still on this toxic poisin as much as i want to toss it. I am glad you are holding too. No rush. Slow and steady love u dd :smitten:

Hi Suzy dear one don't worry about me. Check my last connection date and you'll see I come in almost every day but don't always have time to write. Suzy I think if I hadn't updosed AND HELD, I never would've stabilized and who knows what would've become of me. I had faith in holding and I owe my faith to Valley's propaganda. When I was in acute in June /July, I read it every day. Believe in your hold. Give it a few months. I'm sorry you're shaking. Propanolol helped me with that but I tried not to take it too often though my psychiatrist said it was OK. I remember you every day, we're all connected. Hang on to the next window  :smitten:

Suzy can any veteran assess you on your dose? Because I see such jumping up and down in doses that I don't know if you reinstated on too low a dose of Klonopin. I wonder if you've asked any of the veterans about this. Forgive me if I've missed it.

Ahh v, I just wrote rthis long post and lost it. I am going to hold. IFrom now on i sm.doing tje oppodite of what my brain tells me. Eushing doesnt make it end any sooner. I think i messed up my sig. I was a shaky mess and screwed it up. Im in .80 k and 900 gabap and effexor. I feel a little bit better today.  It is on and off. Hehe.  :smitten: :smitten:

Hugs, VNM

Hey you, glad you posted and glad to hear you are feeling better!!    M ♥️

Hey VNM,

Good to see you pop in. Hope you're doing ok!

TT♥️

Janice, Thanks for your kind wishes. "Janice" the outside plant is dying off for the Winter but although she seems like she is dying, she will start budding again in the Spring. There's a lesson in there somewhere....  Sending love and hugs.  Gxxx 💙

Hey mm, did you see the first zombie land? I never did but Rich and I just saw the second one. It was ok, some funny parts. It was kinda spoofy. I know you and Tim like vampires but what about zombies? It's not my thing really but I love Woody harrelson and Emma stone who are both in it. That's why I gave the movie a shot. Hope your peepers are getting better 👀

TT ❤️

Mmm,

I put a link in my plog. It talks about nsaids. I did see aspirin somewere as well. Cant remember were. Because i couldnt believe it.  :o

Janice, Thanks for your kind wishes. "Janice" the outside plant is dying off for the Winter but although she seems like she is dying, she will start budding again in the Spring. There's a lesson in there somewhere....  Sending love and hugs.  Gxxx 💙

Hey girl are you feeling better? Movie was funny but not hilariously funny.

Ah, the wanderer returns! How was the film, Trishy?  English xxx 💙

The wanderer who me? 🤔 Ok I guess there's some truth to that :laugh: :laugh:

Oh, it was kind of okay, eh? At least you got out and about.... English xxx 💙

Yes, it was nice to get out for awhile amongst the living..I guess but since I was in zombieland I was kinda with the living dead.  :laugh: :laugh:

Yes, Blackpool Betty. I've had agoraphobia as part of this lovely journey for quite a while now. So, yes, you are the wanderer! 

I'm not into zombie stuff either. I guess it's to get folk in the Halloween mood... 🎃🎃🎃

English xxx 💙

[3d...]