Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hi Stut,

You sound better. Still try not to overdo it. Pace yourself. I feel a little better. Was just very shaky trembly yesterday. I am not going to be scared. The anxiety of the new teva really set on new anxiety and new sx. I havent trembled do bad in a long time. Usually it would stop I new the pattern. This I have no idea. Well it will be ok. Just keep lurking around lol. Love you  :smitten:

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.This will be short and sweet as l am time poor this morning.

Morning Twiny now the first thing l am going to say is why would you cut again on the 1st of November?I think you should stick with the cut you have made and hold of for at least 4 weeks before you cut again.The second thing is this remember you are going to perhaps have a few strange sensations so remember this is withdrawal my lovely nothing more.Keep reminding yourself sweetheart because your fear will lead you down a dark path.l really think you will be ok my love however l am just saying don't let your anxiety take over please.Stay strong my lovely.love you my lST X

Morning Suzy please don't be scared sweetheart as unpleasant as this is it is harmless.Try to accept this and know it will pass.l know that is difficult but it will help you to face whatever you have to deal with.love you.

Morning Valley l hope work is going well for you.l wish you were on more there are a lot of people struggling who could use your calming words.love to you.

Morning GP as always there is always a sting in the tail.l think all drugs have the ability to cause harm.Just read the side effects of drugs before taking them.l hope you are doing ok honey.love to you.

Morning Olive that was quick 😁.l am delighted you enjoyed yourself.Well done for going.l really hope you continue to feel ok you deserve it.love to you.

Morning Gilly well my love evidence would suggest you will feel better given enough time.Hang in there.love you and have as many hugs as you want.

Morning lady Mary l see you are resting those eyes 🙄.How is the crossover going?l think you will be grand.Try to keep stretching but please don't overdo it.love you my lady Mary.

Morning Final,Vali, Intend,Bill and Esperanza how are you all doing.l really hope everything is manageable.Let us know when you can.Love to you all.X

Hey twin, yes I bit the bullet yesterday and made a tiny cut. I'll try to explain why I'll be making another move in two weeks.

My taper history has been cutting 1/4 of a . 25 mg pill at a time around every two weeks or so depending on colds, viruses etc.. so my new plan was to cut by the same amount and wait 30 days to see how I felt. I was changing the length of time between cuts. I now have decided to cut even smaller an 1/8 of a pill and wait two weeks and then another 1/8 of a pill. That would be equivalent to  1/4 of a pill a month. So I would be doing the original plan just a little adjustment with dosage and hold time. Hope that makes sense. It still comes out to 1/4 of a pill gone in a months time. So instead of just cutting 1/4 every 30 days I'm cutting an 1/8 every two weeks.

I would just like to get rid of this half of a pill by the end of December or at least in the first two weeks of January.. But we'll see how it hits me. I'm hoping for the best but know anything can happen. 😏

Hope you are feeling much better my lovely twin, your girl too and auntie. ♥️

Love you tiny Irish woman,

LST♥️♥️

Mary, Mary quite contrary are your peepers still weary? 😂😂

Maybe your blind eyes will see my posts today? 🤔 You missed two of mine yesterday but you're blindness has granted you forgiveness 😁

Now look for me today my partner in crime I'll be around lurking in the shadows .. boo!👻🏚️🎃.. Well it is that time of year 😃

Love ya girl,

TT, too many T'S Trish ♥️

Stut, You are a Superstar at helping us, taking time out to talk individually. But what about YOU? We want to know how you are. You are just as important as anyone else!

Love and Big Stut Hugs. Gxxx 💙

Maybe your blind eyes will see my posts today? 🤔 You missed two of mine yesterday but you're blindness has granted you forgiveness 😁

Now look for me today my partner in crime I'll be around lurking in the shadows .. boo!👻🏚️🎃.. Well it is that time of year 😃

Love ya girl,

Hey you, I can't believe I missed 2 of your posts :(.  Sorry, how are you doing?  I saw you took a cut.

Please watch for your symptoms and don't let them overwhelm you.  Love you, too many T's.  MM🎃

Yeah, we want to talk about you Stut?  Hope the fatigue is gone and the babies got their meds.  Love you my Queen.  Lady Mary 🍁🍂🎃💛🍁🍂🎃💛🍁🍂🎃💛

Love ya girl,

Hey you, I can't believe I missed 2 of your posts :(.  Sorry, how are you doing?  I saw you took a cut.

Please watch for your symptoms and don't let them overwhelm you.  Love you, too many T's.  MM🎃

I guess I'm nobody to you anymore 😭 we were so close. We were Stut's bridesmaids and LHSG top trouble makers 😂😂

I'm kidding you're off the hook but making you can turn Sly into a service 🐕 have him check the posts see if you missed any 🤣🤣

Love you girl,

Have a good day and I really hope those peepers are doing much better!

TT ❤️

Stut, You are a Superstar at helping us, taking time out to talk individually. But what about YOU? We want to know how you are. You are just as important as anyone else!

Love and Big Stut Hugs. Gxxx 💙

She is, you're so right. And she is so good at lifting us up and takes little for herself.. why oh why won't you let us support you twin?? We all love you dearly here. ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

I pm'd you back girlfriend. ♥️

Love ya girl,

I guess I'm nobody to you anymore 😭 we were so close. We were Stut's bridesmaids and LHSG top trouble makers 😂😂

I'm kidding you're off the hook but making you can turn Sly into a service 🐕 have him check the posts see if you missed any 🤣🤣

Love you girl,

TT ❤️

I am not sure about Sly being a service dog  :laugh: :laugh:  when he gets fed up with me being on IPAD, he sticks his snout under it and flips it over, it's hilarious  ;D

Love ya girl,

Love you girl,

TT ❤️

I am not sure about Sly being a service dog  :laugh: :laugh:  when he gets fed up with me being on IPAD, he sticks his snout under it and flips it over, it's hilarious  ;D

Oh that's hilarious! 😂 Just like a toddler trying to get his mother's attention.. How cute!! ♥️

So English what happened to Possey? Where'd you put him? I'm sending animal control to your house 😂😂

I remember when you and Mary harassed me to no end with that fake donkey! 🤣🤣 It was good times here at LHSG. Then we all took a trip to wd hell ☹️

Good times will return to our room..I can feel it 😃

Love ya girl,

Love you girl,

TT ❤️

Oh that's hilarious! 😂 Just like a toddler trying to get his mother's attention.. How cute!! ♥️

He is the perfect little stubborn taper dog 🐕🐕🐕🌿🌿🌿🌿🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃

Love ya girl,

Love you girl,

TT ❤️

He is the perfect little stubborn taper dog 🐕🐕🐕🌿🌿🌿🌿🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃

Taper dog..awww. He sounds like a love 🐾🦴

So English what happened to Possey? Where'd you put him? I'm sending animal control to your house 😂😂

I remember when you and Mary harassed me to no end with that fake donkey! 🤣🤣 It was good times here at LHSG. Then we all took a trip to wd hell ☹️

Posey was sent to a beautiful farm because she ate English's knickers off the laundry line.  She promised me she would check on her and take her a pair of knickers once in awhile  :smitten:

Posey was sent to a beautiful farm because she ate English's knickers off the laundry line.  She promised me she would check on her and take her a pair of knickers once in awhile  :smitten:

😂😂.. well then I guess it is grounds for being sent away to a beautiful farm. I mean we can't have her going around eating knickers now can we lol!!

Thanks, FH, it was for me that Mary wanted it. If you put it on here then I can watch it or I can go on YouTube. Thanks very much! Hope you're okay. G 💙

And yes, you are allowed!

Here you go Gilly. 

https://youtu.be/Yh54uj6qH98

I'm going okay.  Chipping away at my dosage and trying to walk daily though it's getting chilly here.  Not up and not super down, just in that medication middle.

I hope you are doing okay.  Have you been meeting with the new counselor and is the person helpful.  I meet with a coach and am finding it supportive.  FH

PS. Just saw you were sent the link.  I'm way behind on this thread. 

Hey Bill just sending out a hello to you! How are you doing? Is the taper still going well? I'll be in the trenches again soon make sure you look for me there!  :laugh: :laugh:

Trish ;)

Hi TT

I’ve been doing pretty well lately.  Waves really only happen when I’m over tired or have a lot of stress.  Even then I Really don’t get any strong waves anymore, but I will get some depression mainly and only in the morning.  And each week that goes by I feel gradually stronger, but it’s still very gradual.  I’m happy about the way it’s going though.

I’m tapering very slowly still using the liquid.  I’m currently at 0.6 mg even.  Making progress!  However you do it I hope you consider a microtaper when you start down again.  Move extremely slowly and you can avoid any strong symptoms.

I will be around, I think you’re going to do fine on your taper when you start!

Bill

Hi Bill!

I'm so happy those waves aren't knocking you over anymore! That's great news Bill, you'll be off before you know it 🙂

I don't know what came over me today but I decided to make a cut a little sooner than planned. I am not good in math as you know but what I did was I took a quarter of a pill and cut that in half and so I took three quarters of a half if that makes sense. Usually I just cut an entire quarter of a pill out but I cut less then that this time. I was going to cut a quarter of a pill out Nov 1 but I thought I'd cut smaller and by Nov 1 I'll cut that other tiny piece of the quarter out so then the whole quarter will be gone by then. That's what I'm doing for now. Also found out from my daughter in law who used to work for my Dr that I could get liquid Xanax. So I'm thinking it over for now.

Be well Bill so glad everything is going well for you!

TT :)

Correction I meant I took 3 quarters of the quarter of a  pill. Uh no head for math 🤦

It’s great you’re moving down again Trishy!  Your math is confusing me.  See if I do it right:  So you cut 1/4 of 1/4 of a pill?  Hmm, that’s 1/16 of a pill.  If it’s a 1/2 mg pill that is 1/32 of a mg which is 0.03125 mg.  Out of 1.125 total that’s a little less than 3 %.  That’s probably not too bad!  I’d wait a good couple weeks before going down again though, but you should do ok on that.

Have a good day!

Bill

Hey Bill just sending out a hello to you! How are you doing? Is the taper still going well? I'll be in the trenches again soon make sure you look for me there!  :laugh: :laugh:

Trish ;)

Hi TT

I’ve been doing pretty well lately.  Waves really only happen when I’m over tired or have a lot of stress.  Even then I Really don’t get any strong waves anymore, but I will get some depression mainly and only in the morning.  And each week that goes by I feel gradually stronger, but it’s still very gradual.  I’m happy about the way it’s going though.

I’m tapering very slowly still using the liquid.  I’m currently at 0.6 mg even.  Making progress!  However you do it I hope you consider a microtaper when you start down again.  Move extremely slowly and you can avoid any strong symptoms.

Bill

Hi Bill!

I'm so happy those waves aren't knocking you over anymore! That's great news Bill, you'll be off before you know it 🙂

I don't know what came over me today but I decided to make a cut a little sooner than planned. I am not good in math as you know but what I did was I took a quarter of a pill and cut that in half and so I took three quarters of a half if that makes sense. Usually I just cut an entire quarter of a pill out but I cut less then that this time. I was going to cut a quarter of a pill out Nov 1 but I thought I'd cut smaller and by Nov 1 I'll cut that other tiny piece of the quarter out so then the whole quarter will be gone by then. That's what I'm doing for now. Also found out from my daughter in law who used to work for my Dr that I could get liquid Xanax. So I'm thinking it over for now.

Correction I meant I took 3 quarters of the quarter of a  pill. Uh no head for math 🤦

It’s great you’re moving down again Trishy!  Your math is confusing me.  See if I do it right:  So you cut 1/4 of 1/4 of a pill?  Hmm, that’s 1/16 of a pill.  If it’s a 1/2 mg pill that is 1/32 of a mg which is 0.03125 mg.  Out of 1.125 total that’s a little less than 3 %.  That’s probably not too bad!  I’d wait a good couple weeks before going down again though, but you should do ok on that.

Have a good day!

Bill

Yes Bill! The latter! Lol!! I'm cutting from a half of a pill. Picture the half pill broken into 4 equal parts. I took one piece away. Which left me with 3 pieces. Does that make sense? But if you look at it this way.. Imagine a full pill cut into 4 equal pieces then take one piece and cut that in half and take away one half from that.. I'm blonde Bill does it show??😂😂

Anyway, I believe you're right it would be about 3% reduction. Day 2 of this cut but I will proceed with extreme caution this time around.

So glad you checked in , hope you're still doing well in your taper.

TT🙂

Trish ;)

Hi TT

Bill

Hi Bill!

Have a good day!

Bill

Yes Bill! The latter! Lol!! I'm cutting from a half of a pill. Picture the half pill broken into 4 equal parts. I took one piece away. Which left me with 3 pieces. Does that make sense? But if you look at it this way.. Imagine a full pill cut into 4 equal pieces then take one piece and cut that in half and take away one half from that.. I'm blonde Bill does it show??😂😂

Anyway, I believe you're right it would be about 3% reduction. Day 2 of this cut but I will proceed with extreme caution this time around.

So glad you checked in , hope you're still doing well in your taper.

TT🙂

Omg! I screwed that up 😂😂 ignore the first part of my terrible math in that post.. You're right though it's about 3%. 🤦

I don’t get how you can do a long hold without struggling with tolerance withdrawal symptoms.  Do you just stay and bear it?

Hi look-in up,

I think the best way to answer that is that I think we're all in tolerance even before the taper happens. I was on a steady dose of 3mgs of Xanax for years. I must have been in tolerance bc after awhile the drug no longer worked. So I think it's the same when you taper, you taper down then hold that dose while you're symtomatic before proceeding. I think tolerance sxs are much easier to deal with then wd sxs. So tolerance is going to happen whether we taper or not.

Hope that makes some sense. Stut really explains this best.

Trish

Final, Thank you so much for sending me the link to Lisa Ling. I had already been sent it but it was still thoughtful of you. 💙

I haven't had an appointment for a counsellor yet. Fancy remembering that! Thank you! Tbh, I don't want to go. I think it might be more effort than it's worth. We all know that benzo anxiety is worse than normal anxiety and I don't think the counsellor will understand. Anyway, I can't go until after 21st November because I need my Mum to take me and she's abroad before then.

Love, Gxxx 💙

Hey English,

Hope your day was ok..I know you slept in and that's good. Your body probably needs the rest while recovering.

I'll be off for a few hrs or possibly won't be back on until tomorrow. Rich and I are going to a movie. We're seeing zombieland. I'm mostly going bc Woody harrelson is in it and Emma stone. I love them both! Looks kinda funny and I could use that for sure.

Take care my friend ❤️

BPB ❤️

[57...]