Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Good morning LHSG

Mary -  can’t wait for those new and improved peepers!  Will you be able to laser blast holes through buildings now?  Good luck with the appointment.

Trishy - I so agree.  Once you see a doctor you are locked in for life.  You can’t get away from their clutches!

Stut - Your wisdom is amazing.  I’m running off anyone else that looks at the Tudor house.  I’ll bring the party favors - arthritis cream and heating pads.

VNM. -  I’m holding with you for awhile.  I do hope we all get much better soon.  I want a better life.

DD. -  keep finding those great muscle pain cures.  I love my heated Wahl massager.  Your plog is funny.  I imagine you half blind, hopping on one foot out in the rain.  I hate days like that.

Gilly -  I hope you are feeling much better. Hugs to Possey.

Olive and V.  -  Thanks so much for coming back here.  Your input is so much appreciated.

Hello to FH, Intend, and everyone I haven’t named.  My dogs want a walk NOW.

Morning GP thank God for that honey l didn't want to carry everything with me 😉.How are you today my lovely are you in a wave or has things settled down a little.X

Morning Valley great you posted your symptoms l have to say you did have a good few.l always wonder why some people like yourself find the lower doses easier to taper and others don't?l think it definitely leans towards the side effects angle more than anything else.l hope you are enjoying being back honey.love to you.X

Good morning Stut. I would guess you are right as far as side effects.  Hope you have a great morning! I also wonder how much fear plays a part. I know many are worried that they will struggle when on lower doses and I wonder if that plays a part in some of the anxiety?  I can’t say for sure because the nonlinear healing nature during tapering breaks all the rules lol.  :)—V

Good morning LHSG

Mary -  can’t wait for those new and improved peepers!  Will you be able to laser blast holes through buildings now?  Good luck with the appointment.

Trishy - I so agree.  Once you see a doctor you are locked in for life.  You can’t get away from their clutches!

Stut - Your wisdom is amazing.  I’m running off anyone else that looks at the Tudor house.  I’ll bring the party favors - arthritis cream and heating pads.

VNM. -  I’m holding with you for awhile.  I do hope we all get much better soon.  I want a better life.

DD. -  keep finding those great muscle pain cures.  I love my heated Wahl massager.  Your plog is funny.  I imagine you half blind, hopping on one foot out in the rain.  I hate days like that.

Gilly -  I hope you are feeling much better. Hugs to Possey.

Olive and V.  -  Thanks so much for coming back here.  Your input is so much appreciated.

Hello to FH, Intend, and everyone I haven’t named.  My dogs want a walk NOW.

Good morning GP! I wish I could be more involved but sometimes work gets in the way lol 😆.

Morning Valley great you posted your symptoms l have to say you did have a good few.l always wonder why some people like yourself find the lower doses easier to taper and others don't?l think it definitely leans towards the side effects angle more than anything else.l hope you are enjoying being back honey.love to you.X

Good morning Stut. I would guess you are right as far as side effects.  Hope you have a great morning! I also wonder how much fear plays a part. I know many are worried that they will struggle when on lower doses and I wonder if that plays a part in some of the anxiety?  I can’t say for sure because the nonlinear healing nature during tapering breaks all the rules lol.  :)—V

I have pondered this for a long time Valley and it makes little or no sense to me purely from the medical stance.l really understand yes the lower we go the more withdrawal should indeed kick in however there are so many people who find lower doses easier so perhaps it is the lessening of the side effects that causes it.l don't think we will ever know for sure.l do think people who are more psychcologically dependent will struggle more with fear at the end also the fear of symptoms increasing when they step off also plays a part.All very much speculation on my part honey.X

Morning GP thank God for that honey l didn't want to carry everything with me 😉.How are you today my lovely are you in a wave or has things settled down a little.X

Sorry I missed you Stut, when dogs demand it’s time to go you gotta go!

Yes I’m somewhat setting but holding for another month.  I want more improvements and sometimes I think I’m cutting too fast.

There was a lady riding her bicycle with a dog carriage in tow.  She has a Lhasa Apso that likes to bark like the boss.  I told her she acts like she’s the Queen of England!

Lady Mary l see you are you ok honey?An emoji will do.love you my lady Mary Hen.Xo

Hey!  Eye still dilated but can see some.  I'm pretty decent, not grand yet though my Queen.  Good to almost see you on here ;D.  Love you much, love for the babies, won't say pets til the mange is cleared up  ;D.  You rest!  💜💜💜💜

You offer great insight V and understand how busy you are.

The Lisa Ling special opened doctors eyes but are they just dropping patients after 6 weeks?  Those poor people!!!!!

Morning Final yes looking after a loved one can really take it's toll.l do find it actually helps me as l am not sitting thinking about myself and it is actually pushing me to do things which l probably wouldn't do.l think it is finding a balance and taking time for yourself as well.l have to say l am really enjoying my own company at this time.l will help with my sister when l am better but l won't be doing it full time again for a while.

I hope you are doing better my love?How is your husband now?

Love to you.X

I understand Stut.  It feels good to give and help others but it's the balance that I have to watch out for.  Even now, I have to be careful how long I stay on the phone with friends because in withdrawal, I'm either drained or too stimulated. And these are people I care about. 

I'm doing okay, having some of what I learned on Surviving Antidepressants called "withdrawal normal" days.  Neither good nor horrible just kinda blah.  Somewhat functional but not very energized. I did have a fantastic window on the weekend for one day after an acupuncture/homeopathy appointment but that windie did close.  So now I am muddling along.

I saw that your sister and aunt are okay right now and your daughter is better.  My husband is still trying to heal his balance issues though they are a little better.  We are going to schedule hon an accupunture appointment with someone who specializes in vertigo.  Fingers crossed.

Thank you for checking in.

GP, just read your blog you hilarious woman.  Most people do fine with melatonin, start out pretty low and then work up.  Now, I can't say to what dose, cause I only use it once and awhile.  I cut my 3 mg pills in half.  I know others that take 3 mgs and some more than that.  Just like anything else benzo, slow and hopefully you don't turn green.  :D

Thanks Mary.  It sure would be nice to sleep 6-8 hours not 3 hours wake up and then 3 more.  I’m sure that affects memory and moods.  Someday woman!

Glad your appointment went okay, Mary.

Thanks for the call out Stut. And thanks for my Hug.

Guinea Pig, you remembered Possey! Sadly I had to let her go back to the farm. I still have Tilly the cat

though...

Having a difficult day. Will try to get back later.    Hugs to All. Gxxx 💙

I love your avatar Gilly.  Sitting outside at night watching the moon is my new before bed therapy.  Just the other night the moon looked like that.  I’m sorry you had to send Possey back to the farm  :-[

Get well soon!

And I love your avatar, Guinea. I presume that is your dog. He is absolutely gorgeous! What a sweetheart. Thanks for getting back to me. xxx 💙

Morning Olive what dose are you down to now?Are withdrawal symptoms staying manageable?l hope so.love to you.X

Good morning Stut! You are so sweet to make everyone feel so special  :smitten:

I am on day 3 of 1.25mg... I always wait at least 3 days to update my signature, maybe it's superstition but also I want to make sure it sticks before I commit. Anyway so far so good! I don't feel 100% by any means but this is manageable. It's amazing how feeling 75% can be so completely euphoric after so many years of hell.  I'm heading out of range for a couple of days so I'm sure I will get pages behind.. much love to everyone and see you in a few days!

Hi everyone!

I have to go back and catch up. Hope everyone is in good shape today. Im ok just some weird pain in muscles around the pelvis i think. Little shaky. But good.

Mm,

Rest your eyes! I bet anything you are out there somewere. Hehe love dd

Gp,

I.used my wahls massager today too! It is a true lifesaver! Lol. I need to try the heated one. That sounds awesome. I am glad you like it!!! Oh, that day i was hopping nlind in the rain with one shoe was crazy! I swear my life is always choas like this. I was bad enough before..but know im a disaster. Love dd

Hi Suzy, I'm also catching up. The thread is so fast and then it goes slow for a day or two like a ghost town 👻👻👻.

Just popping in to say hello. It's 21.30 over here but you're a lot earlier I think, so have a good day.

G 💙

Hi Gilly!

I know it was a ghost town for a while. Lol. Now, Im flipping through pages trying to keep up  :o How are you? It is 4:30 pm were I am.  :smitten:

Love Suzy

Hi everyone!

I have to go back and catch up. Hope everyone is in good shape today. Im ok just some weird pain in muscles around the pelvis i think. Little shaky. But good.

Mm,

Rest your eyes! I bet anything you are out there somewere. Hehe love dd

Now what makes you say that  :laugh:

[ea...]