Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Mm, Read some success stories 💞💓💚 Im doing the same.

Ok, I will read some success stories.  I usually read a few everyday.  I am not quite as down as I was this morning when I stumbled into the gaba/ nsaid issue, that got me down for awhile.  But glad that may be what is causing me problems.  Southern Star just told me she had been put on a 6 week round of aspirin and it really made her sick.  She stopped and started feeling better pretty quickly.

That really made me feel better :smitten: :smitten:  now back to exercising lightly

:laugh: :laugh:

Oh mm!

That is really good. I didnt know either. I just ran across a thread wete they said nsaids are not good. This has to be a bad dream. We cant even take ibuprofin. Benzo the devil. Im glad your mood is better. Things are going to get better!! Success stories..onward and upward... :thumbsup:

Valley, in your list of symptoms, you mentioned muscle pain.  Can you tell me what you did for it?

It's always been my worst symptom.  Mary  :)

The most radical things I did were massage and acupuncture.  :)--V

Valley, in your list of symptoms, you mentioned muscle pain.  Can you tell me what you did for it?

It's always been my worst symptom.  Mary  :)

The most radical things I did were massage and acupuncture.  :)--V

My husband massages me quite often, and it helps for a short while.  Acupuncture never worked for me :(. Thanks for answering  :smitten:

Valley, did you by any chance find anything that helped with your back, neck, and shoulder muscles?

Many of us on here right now are really struggling with our muscles  :(. Mary

Hi Mary.  I used some stretching, heating pads and a foam roller.  It's crazy how tense muscles get as we come off of these.  I also did take a lot of epsom salt baths.  I took nsaids infrequently. If you can do some light activity that also helps as we have a tendency to become couch potatoes during the taper which also keeps muscles tense up.  I do know how hard it is to do activity at times.  It was only sheer will that pushed me out the door to take walks.  Of course being careful not to get revved up too much.  Hope that helps a little.  :)--V

Thanks OK, until this last wave I was doing Treadmill and yoga, but I have just been in so much pain, it gets worse after I exercise.  I have been taking one ibu almost everyday and I just read a thread, does not work well with healing gaba, at least that is how I understood it.  U can't really trust my reading of medical information  ;).  This had been my most severe symptom, I desperately need to get it calmed down some.  :(

Hey MM I've been reading a little on the sidelines. Don't hold me to this but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that one of the sxs of taking Valium was muscle soreness/ pain. Look up the sxs of Valium I'm almost positive that's one of them. So I'm wondering if you're just suffering a sxs of Valium itself and not taper related.

TT too many T'S TRISH ♥️

Hey T, yes it is, but I also had it with Xanax.  So I think it's both, side effects and withdrawal.  Sucks.

Ahhhh ok.. well I wish you luck tomorrow with your eye. As our very own Stut would say you will be grand lady Mary  ;):)

♥️♥️♥️

Lol, lol.  Thank you Too Many T's.  Be glad to have another thing to cross off!!  Tired off all this, have one of those magnetic things that stick to refrigerator to keep up with Dr appointments  :tickedoff:

;D

Oh I'm with ya on that! I have seen more Drs then I can count this year and I'm so tired of it. One appointment after another and on and on it goes.. Another tough year so far. As long as benzos are a part of my world I guess this is what I can expect 😏

Let us know tomorrow how the procedure went if you are able.. But before I get off for the night let me send you my super powers for tomorrow  :pokey: there that should do it ;)♥️♥️♥️

Valley, did you by any chance find anything that helped with your back, neck, and shoulder muscles?

Many of us on here right now are really struggling with our muscles  :(. Mary

Hi Mary.  I used some stretching, heating pads and a foam roller.  It's crazy how tense muscles get as we come off of these.  I also did take a lot of epsom salt baths.  I took nsaids infrequently. If you can do some light activity that also helps as we have a tendency to become couch potatoes during the taper which also keeps muscles tense up.  I do know how hard it is to do activity at times.  It was only sheer will that pushed me out the door to take walks.  Of course being careful not to get revved up too much.  Hope that helps a little.  :)--V

Thanks OK, until this last wave I was doing Treadmill and yoga, but I have just been in so much pain, it gets worse after I exercise.  I have been taking one ibu almost everyday and I just read a thread, does not work well with healing gaba, at least that is how I understood it.  U can't really trust my reading of medical information  ;).  This had been my most severe symptom, I desperately need to get it calmed down some.  :(

Hey MM I've been reading a little on the sidelines. Don't hold me to this but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that one of the sxs of taking Valium was muscle soreness/ pain. Look up the sxs of Valium I'm almost positive that's one of them. So I'm wondering if you're just suffering a sxs of Valium itself and not taper related.

TT too many T'S TRISH ♥️

Hey T, yes it is, but I also had it with Xanax.  So I think it's both, side effects and withdrawal.  Sucks.

Ahhhh ok.. well I wish you luck tomorrow with your eye. As our very own Stut would say you will be grand lady Mary  ;):)

♥️♥️♥️

Lol, lol.  Thank you Too Many T's.  Be glad to have another thing to cross off!!  Tired off all this, have one of those magnetic things that stick to refrigerator to keep up with Dr appointments  :tickedoff:

;D

Oh I'm with ya on that! I have seen more Drs then I can count this year and I'm so tired of it. One appointment after another and on and on it goes.. Another tough year so far. As long as benzos are a part of my world I guess this is what I can expect 😏

Let us know tomorrow how the procedure went if you are able.. But before I get off for the night let me send you my super powers for tomorrow  :pokey: there that should do it ;)♥️♥️♥️

That is exactly what he does to me  :laugh:  :D

Hello, Peeps who know me. Well, hello to the peeps who don't know me too! Haven't been on here for a few weeks and can't keep up with the thread, so I will lurk for a while and then jump in when/if I have something useful to add!

Trishy, interesting occurrence at the gyno. So some doctors are human... Tbh, I think quite a lot of them are human. They are very pushed for time (over here in the UK anyway) and also people want a "quick fix". They don't like leaving the surgery without a prescription for something which will instantly "cure" them. I'm sure that contributes to many benzos being handed out.

Mary, good luck tomorrow. Fingers crossed for you, girlfriend...

Meems, I will be thinking about you taking your cat to the vets. These things are so difficult when they used to be so easy. Good luck!

Stut, I have missed you having flu! I am so sorry and hope you are feeling better. Big Stut-type hug.

Okay, back to lurking, reading and trying to remember everything. No idea how Mary manages it.

Hugs to All. You can apply to opt-out of hugs if you wish. Everyone else is stuck with them.... xxx 💙

Hello, Peeps who know me. Well, hello to the peeps who don't know me too! Haven't been on here for a few weeks and can't keep up with the thread, so I will lurk for a while and then jump in when/if I have something useful to add!

Trishy, interesting occurrence at the gyno. So some doctors are human... Tbh, I think quite a lot of them are human. They are very pushed for time (over here in the UK anyway) and also people want a "quick fix". They don't like leaving the surgery without a prescription for something which will instantly "cure" them. I'm sure that contributes to many benzos being handed out.

Mary, good luck tomorrow. Fingers crossed for you, girlfriend...

Meems, I will be thinking about you taking your cat to the vets. These things are so difficult when they used to be so easy. Good luck!

Stut, I have missed you having flu! I am so sorry and hope you are feeling better. Big Stut-type hug.

Okay, back to lurking, reading and trying to remember everything. No idea how Mary manages it.

Hugs to All. You can apply to opt-out of hugs if you wish. Everyone else is stuck with them.... xxx 💙

Morning Gilly and thanks for the hug.How are you? Feeling any better?Hang in there my lovely you are stronger than you know.love you and one of my healing hugs.X

Good morning Intend l know they are all benzos however they are all very different animals and like all drugs one size does not fit all.l am very hopeful that perhaps when you do get lower in dose you will feel better.l know we don't tend to read the information leaflet however we really should.l do read it and to be honest with you it has actually saved me on a number of occasions.Here is a little hope for you perhaps l developed neuralgia in my jaw and face which personally l did not at the beginning connect to the benzo however as the years passed l started to think perhaps there was a connection.Now as l have actually got down more and more l am noticing that the nerve pain is definitely not there as much.lt isn't gone completely however l am getting breaks which is a good sign.l am now more sure this was caused by diazepam however only time will tell.To me it really is a good sign.

I just wanted to also say write your comment on chewing the fat and benzo's in the news a lot of people read and don't post and your insights are as valid as anyone's.

Keep on keeping on honey.You are one strong lady and you will get through this.

Love to you and Dan.X

Morning Final yes looking after a loved one can really take it's toll.l do find it actually helps me as l am not sitting thinking about myself and it is actually pushing me to do things which l probably wouldn't do.l think it is finding a balance and taking time for yourself as well.l have to say l am really enjoying my own company at this time.l will help with my sister when l am better but l won't be doing it full time again for a while.

I hope you are doing better my love?How is your husband now?

Love to you.X

Morning Twiny was l on here yesterday?😉l swear l am rubbing off on you 😛.I hope you continue to improve sweetheart l know this feels hopeless but l want you to see how far you have come.You can do this sweetheart.l believe in you.love you my lST X

Morning Valley great you posted your symptoms l have to say you did have a good few.l always wonder why some people like yourself find the lower doses easier to taper and others don't?l think it definitely leans towards the side effects angle more than anything else.l hope you are enjoying being back honey.love to you.X

Morning Meems good luck for today l hope your kitty is ok.l know l am not a cat person (Intend and Mary l know that will be a shock to you 😊) however your pet is your family.I have everything crossed for you.love to you.X

Good morning Suzy are you feeling any better honey?l hope Jim watched the Lisa Ling program and has a little more understanding of what you are going through.You will improve honey l know it takes a long time but it does happen.love you.X

Morning GP if you need to hold hold.Di what you need to do to keep yourself functioning.l hope you are doing ok my love?l will be moving in very soon then we can partaay woohoo 🎊🎉🎆. love to you.X

Morning lady Mary good luck for today.l know you will be grand but please rest your eyes.l know you miss this forum but be careful not to overstress those eyes.l have everything crossed for you hen.Don't be so hard on yourself we are all learning as we go.Hopefully you will improve .

I am ok nothing new to report.Haven't got the med yes.Everyone holding their own this end.love you my lady Mary Hen X

Hey My Queen, love to you.  Early appointment, have to be there at 7:30.  Hoping you are feeling better and you are coming around to being well.  Yes, I know what a cat person you are  ;)

Love it when you greet everyone.  Your Lady Mary 💚💚💚💚💚

Won’t symptoms gets worse as I become even more tolerant of this .5?

Look you never stop having tolerance however it is not as bad as withdrawal.l think if your withdrawal symptoms settle down you will definitely feel better.I was in tolerance for years and years and even when it was at it's worst it was nothing compared to withdrawal.Trust me if you hold you will feel better.

I completely agree with this comment Stutt.

HI everyone, I don't have much time to post or to keep up with everything in the group but I love many things I've read. Take care everyone and let's hope our long holds bring us to a place where we can start tapering more smoothly. I keep the faith.

Good morning LHSG

Mary -  can’t wait for those new and improved peepers!  Will you be able to laser blast holes through buildings now?  Good luck with the appointment.

Trishy - I so agree.  Once you see a doctor you are locked in for life.  You can’t get away from their clutches!

Stut - Your wisdom is amazing.  I’m running off anyone else that looks at the Tudor house.  I’ll bring the party favors - arthritis cream and heating pads.

VNM. -  I’m holding with you for awhile.  I do hope we all get much better soon.  I want a better life.

DD. -  keep finding those great muscle pain cures.  I love my heated Wahl massager.  Your plog is funny.  I imagine you half blind, hopping on one foot out in the rain.  I hate days like that.

Gilly -  I hope you are feeling much better. Hugs to Possey.

Olive and V.  -  Thanks so much for coming back here.  Your input is so much appreciated.

Hello to FH, Intend, and everyone I haven’t named.  My dogs want a walk NOW.

[22...]