Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Good morning Lady Mary still not feeling too good hen?Are you going to be on tablets and liquid? Give it time my love you can do this.Good luck with your appointment on Wednesday l won't be on tomorrow.Don't forget to rest your eyes.Now all much the same this end.My daughter is going to come home after uni all this week so she can help me out 😭.l can't see that happening but we will see.Dinny worry hen l will be grand.love you my lady Mary.X

Yes, basically since my taper went downhill in July.  I exercised and did treadmill yesterday but then hurt pretty badly rest of day.  Really hoping new Liquid and hold helps.  This is getting very old.

Glad Valley um is back, sometimes just don't have a complicated answer in me.  Love you my Queen, Lady Mary 💚💚💚💚

Love you my Queen, I will be so jealous if you move next to GP  :D.  I am really hoping you start to regain your strength soon and the babies are holding up until the medicine arrives.  Yes eye procedure Wednesday, yuck, but will survive.  I am not giving up, just taking my time with Liquid and pills. 

Love you my Queen, please take care.  We all love and need that Irish wit and care.  Lady Mary 💚💚

I am moving into a Tudor house beside GP do you fancy coming with me 😁.I am just making sure your ok today my lovely.Still waiting on the medication my friend is so laid back he is almost horizontal 🙃. Hopefully by Wednesday l will be ready to sort this crap out.Are you feeling any better today my love?X

I can never really tell right away.  Eyes are weak, already had my oatmeal.  ;D. I hate you are still sick,  I maybe having sympathy symptoms, so you must get better soon.  Where do you live GP.  She is so funny.  Did you read her joke about doing jumping jacks?

Lol l think that does happen to women over 40 l usually move mine with my feet 😂.l am more interested in what perfume she wears if she has got men pouncing on her.l love her.I am not too bad just that damn post viral fatigue and weakness so l am giving myself one more week then it's up and about again.

Has your muscle problems increased honey?

I am hoping the hold will help my love.Valley is the man he helps so much l depended on him and Can't when l stumbled on here.Honestly they never missed a post.l don't know how they did it.l am delighted we have a busy we group l really hope it stays that way.l will get back to lurking honey please don't overdo the exercise and l will be on probably Wednesday.Love you my lady Mary HenX

Good morning Valley l think attitude is definitely a big factor during a taper.l know at the start l kept thinking what am l doing wrong because l couldn't cut without being slammed.l soon learned it was just the nature of my withdrawal so l accepted it.l have always been a great believer in pushing through not sitting dwelling on withdrawal.l believe getting out and walking etc has helped me more than anything else.Also not staying on this forum has helped me more than anything.lt is a very negative place to be when you are feeling vulnerable.

I also see a lot of people saying this is the worst thing that has ever happened to me and l always want to post worst thing so far 😉.l know this is horrible etc however it is something that will end one day.l think we must hold on to that and never forget that this will be a memory one day.

I am so glad you are back honey l am going to send you over some chickens however l am going to wait and make sure you don't disappear again 🤗😁. Love to you.X

I agree that attitude is everything.  :thumbsup: 

I will reiterate that as bad as we feel during the taper is so quickly forgotten after the jump!  I have to go back and read my symptom list to help me remember lol.  You’re doing great stut!  :)—V

Good morning Valley l think attitude is definitely a big factor during a taper.l know at the start l kept thinking what am l doing wrong because l couldn't cut without being slammed.l soon learned it was just the nature of my withdrawal so l accepted it.l have always been a great believer in pushing through not sitting dwelling on withdrawal.l believe getting out and walking etc has helped me more than anything else.Also not staying on this forum has helped me more than anything.lt is a very negative place to be when you are feeling vulnerable.

I also see a lot of people saying this is the worst thing that has ever happened to me and l always want to post worst thing so far 😉.l know this is horrible etc however it is something that will end one day.l think we must hold on to that and never forget that this will be a memory one day.

I am so glad you are back honey l am going to send you over some chickens however l am going to wait and make sure you don't disappear again 🤗😁. Love to you.X

I agree that attitude is everything.  :thumbsup: 

I will reiterate that as bad as we feel during the taper is so quickly forgotten after the jump!  I have to go back and read my symptom list to help me remember lol.  You’re doing great stut!  :)—V

Lol l can't remember what l had for breakfast lol.l am nearly there Valley thank God.On to the second stage fingers crossed everything will go smoothly.l will be grand.We will all get there no matter how long it takes.X

Hi everyone!!

Mmmm, Glad you are finally getting you other eye done. Keeping fingers crossed your vision improves soon.  :-[ Speaking about gyno its that time again. Ugh. Let us know how it goes. You made a typo na naaaa. Love you  dd

Hi stut,

Sorry the fatigue is still there  :-X Hopefully noe that yoy got the virus you won't get it again. I agree with everything you say. Im semi concious right now. Cant seem to wake up. Lol. My fepresdion is lifting. I think the reality of being in bwd is feeling overwhelming to me. I hope someday i can and we all can get up in the morning and not think about benxos. It like this monkey on your back all the time. If that makes sense. Love you snd kerp lurking lol

Hope everyone is feeling ok today.. :smitten:

Hi everyone!!

Mmmm, Glad you are finally getting you other eye done. Keeping fingers crossed your vision improves soon.  :-[ Speaking about gyno its that time again. Ugh. Let us know how it goes. You made a typo na naaaa. Love you  dd

Hi stut,

Sorry the fatigue is still there  :-X Hopefully noe that yoy got the virus you won't get it again. I agree with everything you say. Im semi concious right now. Cant seem to wake up. Lol. My fepresdion is lifting. I think the reality of being in bwd is feeling overwhelming to me. I hope someday i can and we all can get up in the morning and not think about benxos. It like this monkey on your back all the time. If that makes sense. Love you snd kerp lurking lol

Hope everyone is feeling ok today.. :smitten:

Morning DDD, I make typos everyday, but I can count on one person to outdo me  :laugh: :laugh:

Want you to feel netter soon girlfriend.  Yes it would be nice to see better, bu since I have come to conclusion, it's mostly benzo's, not counting too much on it.  It is overwhelming D to realize what withdrawal is and that it's happening to you, but you are such a positive person, I know you will come out of the depression.  You know I love ya, MMM. ♥️♥️♥️

Thanks mmm,

It is the phones fault not mine. Lol. Jim says my ipad does not eork. Ugh. Is your vision any better.  Mine is on and off. It.is so weird how a benzo can effect you vision. I really hope the laser helps you. These benzos  love our mucles. Man. We will get through this. We made this far and we will get offnthis disguisting drug. ❤

Good morning Final how are you sweetheart?Are you holding or chipping away?I hope you are having better days.Thinking of you.love to you.X

Hi Stut,  I have been holding, not a long hold and will be chipping away soon.  Like I read in one of your earlier posts, i feel better when i make a cut.  Its not like I feel great the whole time, far from it but the depressant quality if the benzos reall flattens me. I know it's the side effects so getting down lower will hopefully lift some of that.  I'm not doing a crazy fast taper, in fact pretty conservative for most tapers.  I feel my body fighting the med so I want to keep going as I can. 

I was glad to read that your sister and aunt are stabilish at this time, which is good.  I know from caring for my mom that the stress of caretaking, even for people we love, taxes our nervous system.  Keep taking little breaks as much as you can.

And then you for checking in and saying hello. 

Thanks mmm,

It is the phones fault not mine. Lol. Jim says my ipad does not eork. Ugh. Is your vision any better.  Mine is on and off. It.is so weird how a benzo can effect you vision. I really hope the laser helps you. These benzos  love our mucles. Man. We will get through this. We made this far and we will get offnthis disguisting drug. ❤

No, my left eye is still a problem, maybe if my right eye does better after procedure, it will take some pressure off left, who knows.  I blame my typos on autocorrect, lol.  Jim doing better since Lisa Ling?

Thank you, Mary and Stut!  I need all the encouragement  I can get. So, thanks again. Going to hold.

Reach out Troch, if we can help!! 

Mary I will be thinking about you on Wednesday.

You are balancing a lot with the eyes and the cross over on your med. 

Take good care of yourself the best that you can and as the saying goes, put yourself at the top of your list of people to help. 

Mary I will be thinking about you on Wednesday.

You are balancing a lot with the eyes and the cross over on your med. 

Take good care of yourself the best that you can and as the saying goes, put yourself at the top of your list of people to help.

Thank you FH, you are so sweet  ;D. You take care too!  Luv ya 💜

Hey all, whoa went to bed late last night.  Seeing how important it is to take care of myself during taper withdrawal.  Was watching “Roger Waters, The Wall”

and of course being an amazing live concert show it was way too late I went to bed.  So I woke up felling hungover, dizzy and sick. It’s amazing how this crap poisons your body.  Thank Goodness I’m on disability.  I’m awake trying to wake up.  I gave up coffee cause it makes my w/d sxs go through the roof.  Ugh.  It’s so making what this shit does to our bodies.

~ Meems. 

Please let us know how it goes if you can Mary, we will worry. ❤️💕💋❤️❤️💕💕🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

[/quote ]

I will free but don't worry, it is simple laser procedure  ;)

In my plog, named stuff, I put in Ticker procedure, read it over several times, think it's pretty clear instead of way we were trying yesterday :smitten: :smitten:

Good point mmm,

One eye has to compensate for the other. Thats probably  why you are getting headaches too. I bet thst will help alot. May still have benxo sx but not as severe with ti ewual eyes  :-[ your off the hook with typos anyway.  You do hetter than me with your eyes the way they are for now. Jim is being better. He is just quiet.  Sometimes i think he is mad at me becsuse he doent say much. Could be me I alwsys think ppl are mad at me.  :smitten:

Good point mmm,

One eye has to compensate for the other. Thats probably  why you are getting headaches too. I bet thst will help alot. May still have benxo sx but not as severe with ti ewual eyes  :-[ your off the hook with typos anyway.  You do hetter than me with your eyes the way they are for now. Jim is being better. He is just quiet.  Sometimes i think he is mad at me becsuse he doent say much. Could be me I alwsys think ppl are mad at me.  :smitten:

Well, I am furious with you, until you go to my plog, named stuff and follow Ticker Instructions.  I will be waiting to see your Ticker (mostly what you pick).  I tried to make them very plain.  You can do it!!

Hey all, whoa went to bed late last night.  Seeing how important it is to take care of myself during taper withdrawal.  Was watching “Roger Waters, The Wall”

and of course being an amazing live concert show it was way too late I went to bed.  So I woke up felling hungover, dizzy and sick. It’s amazing how this crap poisons your body.  Thank Goodness I’m on disability.  I’m awake trying to wake up.  I gave up coffee cause it makes my w/d sxs go through the roof.  Ugh.  It’s so making what this shit does to our bodies.

~ Meems.

Yes, Meems, the best you can, it helps if you can stay on stable schedules, can't always be done of course, but it's like self care.  As you read around bb, you will see people changing schedules and feeling bad  :-\.  Morning to ya!  Mary 💜💜

[ed...]

Welcome Troch Mary has covered most of your questions however l will add the only thing that causes withdrawal is withdrawal.You will be hounded on this forum with the big scary relative withdrawal or better known as tolerance withdrawal please understand this is a very rare phenomenon and l am not convinced it actually exists.Yes when in tolerance you may have withdrawal symptoms which can be more common  however honestly it takes years to develop this level of tolerance and they are nowhere near as acute as withdrawal.Now you may feel new withdrawal symptoms kicking in as you hold try not to panic this is normal.Keep a diary every day and record your symptoms because sometimes we forget so record and assess periodically how you are feeling.Holding is not a quick fix however with time and patience you will find that your withdrawal symptoms become manageable.Stay strong.X

I think this is me. And withdrawal effects from coming off Mirtazapine in June.  About an hour or so before taking my .5 at night, they really amp up.  How do you withdrawal when you are in withdrawal and not stabilizing?

Welcome Troch Mary has covered most of your questions however l will add the only thing that causes withdrawal is withdrawal.You will be hounded on this forum with the big scary relative withdrawal or better known as tolerance withdrawal please understand this is a very rare phenomenon and l am not convinced it actually exists.Yes when in tolerance you may have withdrawal symptoms which can be more common  however honestly it takes years to develop this level of tolerance and they are nowhere near as acute as withdrawal.Now you may feel new withdrawal symptoms kicking in as you hold try not to panic this is normal.Keep a diary every day and record your symptoms because sometimes we forget so record and assess periodically how you are feeling.Holding is not a quick fix however with time and patience you will find that your withdrawal symptoms become manageable.Stay strong.X

I think this is me. And withdrawal effects from coming off Mirtazapine in June.  About an hour or so before taking my .5 at night, they really amp up.  How do you withdrawal when you are in withdrawal and not stabilizing?

Look how many times do you take your benzo it really sounds to me as if you are perhaps having interdose withdrawal as your uptick in symptoms is before your dose.I firmly believe after tapering an antidepressant you should not even attempt another taper for at least 6 months.I don't know how much klonopin you have tapered but l will just give you my experience it took at least 5 months before l was anywhere near stable.Now there are members here who have stabilised quicker however that has been my experience.On top of that you have tapered off an antidepressant which has the same withdrawal symptoms.l don't think you should panic just try to wait and adjust your dosing to see if it helps.X

[ed...]
Trying not to updose and just tolerate things.  On .5 now and really want to get started on getting rid of it.  Thanks for your input.  Also dealing with hyperactive thyroid,which has a lot of similar symtoms—Ugh!

Trying not to updose and just tolerate things.  On .5 now and really want to get started on getting rid of it.  Thanks for your input.  Also dealing with hyperactive thyroid,which has a lot of similar symtoms—Ugh!

Sadly look that is why holding is so hard we all want off however if you are feeling really symptomatic it is really a bad idea to try to push through.Please hold and let things settle down.X

[5f...]