Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Good morning LHSG.

Thanks Mary, she’s my darlin’.  Olive sent me a link on how to create a ticker so I got that far, I just don’t know how to get it from there to here.  No rush.

I spent time on Humor maybe and tried to add a cartoon bu5 couldn’t do it.  Even tried on my regular computer that’s gathering dust.  I’m using IPad.

D, I’m using the heat massager sitting in my recliner and it’s like those chairs at the Mall.  Absolutely wonderful.  Thank you for finding that.

I use an IPad too, my laptop and CPU, gathering dust  :D

Ok, first thing , in your signature section you have to have room for the ticker.....I took out all non essential words and made it shorter.  Keep signature open

On first page of TF, did you click debt reduction, that's the ticker you need, let me know when you are ready

Ok. Ticker is ready to copy and shortened signature. Box is open, Ready

Ok, on last page that shows your completed ticker, look down and you will see bb code, copy and paste the first block URL to URL and paste it in signature box, hit update, then check your signature, come back here to Long Hold and see if it shows under your signature.  Let me know

oh, sort of got it.  Why is it not showing 1.82?

Whoohooo!!  It does on my side, it's perfect  :laugh: :laugh:

Did you change your numbers accidentally, it showed 1.82 at first,now it's changed to 2 something

it should be 1.82 not 2.18.  I keep trying to update but cant. :tickedoff:

You have to go back and fix your debt reduction numbers and come forward again and copy URLs

Oh wait, it worked.  :smitten:

Whew, I'm exhausted, lol.  You always have to change numbers and recopy, I thought the dog would move too.    :2funny:

I think I will have to stay at this dose forever.  Don't think I can go through that again.  :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh:  it gets easier each time, thank goodness  :D

FH, I just walked GP through the steps to put the ticker on, a step at a time, if you want to try again,

:D. Hope you and hubby are having a good day.  Love you, Mary 💜💜

Good morning Long Hold Support Group and a special shout out to Valley, it's so nice to have someone with so much experience here with us.  Hope everyone has a better day, love you all, Mary 💜💜💜💜

Espy,Intend,Bill, Janice, Gilly,GP, Suzy,Meems, look and everyone here remember you will get through this.This is withdrawal and it will pass.l know when you are suffering it feels like it will last for ever but it won't.Stay strong my friends.Love and hugs Stut X

Thank you Stutt, it does seem as if l will never stabilize and I'll never be able to resume my taper. I'm starting to think that way and that maybe I just have to accept being on this dose forever. I've seen a few people who just can't get below 2.5 or 2. Well, time will tell. I'm trying not to be too active today here as I'm not really in an optimistic mindset. Rest and get well Stutt. I'm so happy when someone is reaching the end and becoming free of this poison. It's like ok I'm not there but some people are getting out of this prison so that means humanity as a whole will benefit from your freedom.

I hope everyone is doing a bit better. I won't greet you one by one today because I'm depressed and anyway I always forget someone and then I feel bad.

Guinea pig please publish your diaries. I don't know if you're conscious of how funny you are. I imagine you going to hand leaflets to the neighbour's house with the pepper spray in your pocket, holding it firmly with your nervous hand just in case. This is just too funny to bear. I know when you live if it is NOT funny. That creep deserves to have his eyes and private parts pepper sprayed until he learns some respect. Please don't go near his house. You never know with these people. I have a pepper spray a police officer who's a student of mine gave me, in case I ever get a creepy student. But it's in the drawer so I'd have to say excuse me mister I have to find something in the drawer, don't attack me yet. Maybe I should plan my defense strategy a bit better. Good day to everyone, the new and the old ones who are back and the old ones who never left. I read everything and I love to see there's so much love and support here.

Espy,Intend,Bill, Janice, Gilly,GP, Suzy,Meems, look and everyone here remember you will get through this.This is withdrawal and it will pass.l know when you are suffering it feels like it will last for ever but it won't.Stay strong my friends.Love and hugs Stut X

Thank you Stutt, it does seem as if l will never stabilize and I'll never be able to resume my taper. I'm starting to think that way and that maybe I just have to accept being on this dose forever. I've seen a few people who just can't get below 2.5 or 2. Well, time will tell. I'm trying not to be too active today here as I'm not really in an optimistic mindset. Rest and get well Stutt. I'm so happy when someone is reaching the end and becoming free of this poison. It's like ok I'm not there but some people are getting out of this prison so that means humanity as a whole will benefit from your freedom.

I hope everyone is doing a bit better. I won't greet you one by one today because I'm depressed and anyway I always forget someone and then I feel bad.

Guinea pig please publish your diaries. I don't know if you're conscious of how funny you are. I imagine you going to hand leaflets to the neighbour's house with the pepper spray in your pocket, holding it firmly with your nervous hand just in case. This is just too funny to bear. I know when you live if it is NOT funny. That creep deserves to have his eyes and private parts pepper sprayed until he learns some respect. Please don't go near his house. You never know with these people. I have a pepper spray a police officer who's a student of mine gave me, in case I ever get a creepy student. But it's in the drawer so I'd have to say excuse me mister I have to find something in the drawer, don't attack me yet. Maybe I should plan my defense strategy a bit better. Good day to everyone, the new and the old ones who are back and the old ones who never left. I read everything and I love to see there's so much love and support here.

Sorry you are depressed Val, hope things turn around for you soon.  Yes, GP is hilarious, I love to read her plog.  We have so many people now, I am always afraid of missing someone.  Please come back later if you are feeling better.  Love ya, Mary.  💜💜

Hi  VNM. It looks like you are on some other meds which could be contributing to your withdrawal issues. I need to read up on your history to get a better idea of what may be going on. As far as the dreaded 2.0 - 2.5 mg sticking point goes, I think it is more of a mental barrier we put in our minds. I remember being afraid of not being able to get lower but I did and it was just the same as the rest of the taper. Get yourself stabilized and you will feel a whole lot better and more optimistic. You will then be able to taper again and slide right off. There will be difficult days as you go but you will get psst those and reclaim your life.  :thumbsup:—V

Yay! Gp,

I am so happy it is helping you!! I might get the heating one. If i come across any new discoveries, i will let you know. Love dd

Ohh vali,

You will get off the medicine.You have been very traumatized. I feel like that to alot and then i get depressed. This is so hard to syay positive through this whole thing. I was just in a very bad depression for a couple of weeks. I felt as if i didnt want to go on. It lifted. Still a little dep but not as bad. I hope im saying the right things. I just want you to feel better. We have dome very knowlegable ppl here who will give you guidance.  I need it as well. Im afrsid to make a move as well. Love you Suzy.

Thank you Suzy dear. Yes, I hope there are better days for both of us  :smitten:

Valley um, thanks for your concern. I really don't want to discuss about the other meds. When I started taking them I was with SI every day. I went into acute wd. It had been like a CT but without coming off the medication. I was getting worse and finally updosed as I have to be functional. I will not even consider touching the other meds now. I have read hours and hours about them and I don't want to go on with that although I know you mean well. I have got PMs from buddies who first tapered the benzo and after that successfully came off gabapentin and trazodone and I'm hanging on to that. I don't want to hear the horror stories on my other meds. I do know I would be sleeping near to nothing if it weren't for the trazodone. And I had about five nights a week of zero to one hour sleep this past summer. I'd probably have to delete the other meds in my signature.

Valley on a different note, thirty years of marriage well deserve a second chance and one action does not define a person so I'm very happy you're trying. It's not easy to find a life partner these days.

[22...]