Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Trishy, what's up with you girlfriend?  I saw your post to Bill and his answer to you.  Are you feeling okay?  MM.

Morning Mary, I posted to the group on page 4009 I think it was missed. I gave you a shout out.. Actually it was a long post. I'm sorry you missed it. I'm doing ok just thinking about Nov 1 when I'll resume my taper. Actually it will be my last cut until after Christmas. I would like to start the new year at 1 mg..

Hi valley, you are a super hero around here. I too have read your propaganda and it's helped me on more than one occasion. It has been re posted here quite a bit for the newbies. I hope you'll be dropping in often. You're success and encouragement would definitely be motivational for all of us.

Trish

Hi Trishy,

I’m so glad the propaganda has continued to help!  It took me a long while to put that together and it just kept getting longer and longer lol.

It seems you are taking it slow and listening to your body. You’ve got this! As long as you try not to rush and stay as functional as possible you will be off before you know it! :thumbsup:—V

So glad you're with us Valley. I hope you hang around. I already feel more hope just reading your posts to the others. LHSG has been my home for about 16 months and it doesn't look like I'll be moving out anytime soon. I'd love to get an eviction notice and be done with the taper but the moon and the stars haven't lined up quite right just yet.  ;) You'll find we are quite a motley Crew. For instance at one time Stut was getting married, I was designing tin foil hats for Stut so she could hide from Mary's drones.. Oh and Mary drove the LHSG train that I took over once and threw a wild party while she had cataract surgery. Oh and yes then there was two for Tuesday riddle night where I would post two riddles that the group had to solve. Sooooo how's that for a bunch of benzo brained people try to distract from the benzo hell we've found ourselves in?  :laugh: :laugh:

I hope you hang with us bc sometimes it gets really tough around here but when we're all doing pretty good it can be a lot of crazy fun 😉

Trish

Hi Friends! And welcome back Valley Um... I also have taken a BenzoBuddies break so I am wayyy behind in this group, just read back about 6 pages but that's probly  all I can do...

I started a hold at 2mgV a year and a half ago, I wasn't sure how long it would take me to stabilize but it took a year and a half and I finally stabilized! For real! All the propaganda is TRUE! I just started to taper again about a month ago and it is going so well so far. No major sxs. And I have been getting out on walks and short bike rides and social outings. VIVA LA LONG HOLD! And I mean loooooong.

xoxo

OliveK

Hi Olive!  So good to hear from you and I’m so proud of you for hanging tough and listening to your body! I know how hard that can be as we seem to want to second guess everything we do in our taper which only serves to cause additional anxiety.

Sounds like things are going well. All those activities you listed are irrefutable evidence that you are healing. You will be on the other side before you know it! :thumbsup:—V

Trishy, what's up with you girlfriend?  I saw your post to Bill and his answer to you.  Are you feeling okay?  MM.

Morning Mary, I posted to the group on page 4009 I think it was missed. I gave you a shout out.. Actually it was a long post. I'm sorry you missed it. I'm doing ok just thinking about Nov 1 when I'll resume my taper. Actually it will be my last cut until after Christmas. I would like to start the new year at 1 mg..

Hi valley, you are a super hero around here. I too have read your propaganda and it's helped me on more than one occasion. It has been re posted here quite a bit for the newbies. I hope you'll be dropping in often. You're success and encouragement would definitely be motivational for all of us.

Trish

Hi Trishy,

I’m so glad the propaganda has continued to help!  It took me a long while to put that together and it just kept getting longer and longer lol.

It seems you are taking it slow and listening to your body. You’ve got this! As long as you try not to rush and stay as functional as possible you will be off before you know it! :thumbsup:—V

So glad you're with us Valley. I hope you hang around. I already feel more hope just reading your posts to the others. LHSG has been my home for about 16 months and it doesn't look like I'll be moving out anytime soon. I'd love to get an eviction notice and be done with the taper but the moon and the stars haven't lined up quite right just yet.  ;) You'll find we are quite a motley Crew. For instance at one time Stut was getting married, I was designing tin foil hats for Stut so she could hide from Mary's drones.. Oh and Mary drove the LHSG train that I took over once and threw a wild party while she had cataract surgery. Oh and yes then there was two for Tuesday riddle night where I would post two riddles that the group had to solve. Sooooo how's that for a bunch of benzo brained people try to distract from the benzo hell we've found ourselves in?  :laugh: :laugh:

I hope you hang with us bc sometimes it gets really tough around here but when we're all doing pretty good it can be a lot of crazy fun 😉

Trish

Hi Trishy. I’m so glad that the LHSG has remained a place of great support as well as having a lot of fun. I’ve had a lot of fun here and it seemed like the group has always been a place for anyone to come and get support whether they are holding or not. I’m so happy that buddies stepped up and kept it going. This is about the only place I hung out on when doing my taper and don’t plan on stepping away for again any time soon.  : :thumbsup:—V

Omg Trish that is hilarious.  I’m so glad I found this group to rest in. 

Meems  :D

We are glad to have you Meems  ;). You are a great addition to this group  :D

GP, don't loose box to massagers, incase they really help you and I need the names!! :D

Hope they do work GP, this back pain sucks  :(.  Love ya, Mary 💜💜

Stut, if you lurk in the morning, just want you to know we are all thinking about you.  So sorry about the babies while you are so sick :(. Were you able to get the medicine?  Love you much, my Queen, Lady Mary . 💚🍀💚🍀💚🍀

Mary, D is a genius.

CVS sells a Wahl heated therapeutic deep knead massager for about $40.  Also bought a Wahl deep tissue percussion therapeutic massager same price. LOVE IT.

I tried all day to copy and paste from my computer but it’s not coming out right. Took forever to change my avatar to my dog Reba.  But copying jokes, cartoons...can’t do it.

What am I doing wrong.  Also want to start tickerfactory.

Guinea Pig, you can get a Ticker here:

https://www.tickerfactory.com/debt/wzlvkVg/

As far as posting pictures, I remember a long time ago I was so confused about it too, then I figured it out but then I took a year BB break and now I kind of forget... as I recall you have to upload your photo to a 3rd party site, I used imgur.com... then once you have uploaded It to that site it will give you some options for links to copy, then you copy that link and paste it here. It is a bit confusing for sure and I bet someone here can explain it better than me!!  :laugh:

Oh I wish they mad it easier but there’s probably a good reason for doing it that way.

Welcome back Olive, I can’t wait to dig up your stories!!

Hi gp,

Let me know how the massagers work for you. I wanted the one with heat but it was more money. I really feel like it has helped me. At first i was kind of sore. My.muscles were in bad shape. But then i got used to it and i have it beside my bed. Along with heating pad. Sometimes i ice after i use it if im sore. Hope it helps you. I had some kind of set back from the new teva. Yesterday my lower body was all cramps.  I feel better now thank god. I did alot of crunches so that could have been it. I cant believe this muscle stuff. Its awful! Love dd

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

I missed a post sorry Seafoam congratulations l am hopeful you will do well.Try not to overthink this just take it a day at a time and know you will get through this.Let us know how you are getting on.Love to you.X

Morning Valley it feels as though you have never been away.Now l nursed a young lad who had syringomyelia l believe his was genetic.He suffered a lot of numbness if l remember correctly.He was such a brave boy he never ever complained he also had very bad scoliosis.There really wasn't much treatment at that time so l don't really know if it has improved much over the years.

I have always said we are not alone in this journey we take our loved ones with us.l have had experience as a carer so l can see it from both sides.l hope you can work through your problems and perhaps the trust can be built again.

I do hope you manage to continue doing some exercise.l know it won't be as intense however do what you can.l walk a lot and it helps me so much.Enjoy your Sunday.Love to you.X

Morning Trish l am still getting married to my Steve.l am just waiting for you all to finish your tapers.l am sitting here like Miss Havisham and the cobwebs are ridiculous.So get your finger out and get on with it.Love you my lST.X

Morning Olive great to have you back.That was some hold and l am sure it was very hard to do however well worth it.l hope you continue to have few withdrawal symptoms.l wanted to ask are you still getting treatment for your phobia and is it helping?l hope so.Love to you.X

Good morning lady Mary no haven't got the treatment yet my friend has to order it in so will probably be next week sometime.Awe damn all that hard work for nothing.Anyway back to lurking l hope you have a better day my lovely.Just be patient and let everything settle down.All going much the same this end will be on next week.love you my lady Mary hen.X

Espy,Intend,Bill, Janice, Gilly,GP, Suzy,Meems, look and everyone here remember you will get through this.This is withdrawal and it will pass.l know when you are suffering it feels like it will last for ever but it won't.Stay strong my friends.Love and hugs Stut X

Hi Stut,

Thank you for thinking of all of us, even as sick as you have been feeling. You always give me hope. Hope the family and pets are well. Keeping my fingers crossed that flu will leave you soon. I will be lurking as well. Lol. I love that, lurking. Hehe  love you. Suzy  :smitten:

Mary, D is a genius.

CVS sells a Wahl heated therapeutic deep knead massager for about $40.  Also bought a Wahl deep tissue percussion therapeutic massager same price. LOVE IT.

I tried all day to copy and paste from my computer but it’s not coming out right. Took forever to change my avatar to my dog Reba.  But copying jokes, cartoons...can’t do it.

What am I doing wrong.  Also want to start tickerfactory.

GP, Reba is gorgeous and I am going to look up those massagers.  Let me be awake awhile, when I can actually think, and I will try to talk you through the ticker ;)

Good morning LHSG.

Thanks Mary, she’s my darlin’.  Olive sent me a link on how to create a ticker so I got that far, I just don’t know how to get it from there to here.  No rush.

I spent time on Humor maybe and tried to add a cartoon bu5 couldn’t do it.  Even tried on my regular computer that’s gathering dust.  I’m using IPad.

D, I’m using the heat massager sitting in my recliner and it’s like those chairs at the Mall.  Absolutely wonderful.  Thank you for finding that.

Morning Valley it feels as though you have never been away.Now l nursed a young lad who had syringomyelia l believe his was genetic.He suffered a lot of numbness if l remember correctly.He was such a brave boy he never ever complained he also had very bad scoliosis.There really wasn't much treatment at that time so l don't really know if it has improved much over the years.

I have always said we are not alone in this journey we take our loved ones with us.l have had experience as a carer so l can see it from both sides.l hope you can work through your problems and perhaps the trust can be built again.

I do hope you manage to continue doing some exercise.l know it won't be as intense however do what you can.l walk a lot and it helps me so much.Enjoy your Sunday.Love to you.X

Good morning Stut!  Thank you for the kind words. I appreciate it. My sm is in the central canal so the prognosis is much better than if it were not. I actually had a couple of years when the pain was minimal  and i was exercising a lot like I used to. I too have scoliosis and i actually think that may be what is causing my problems right now. I’ve learned to just keep moving forward in living life....  life is definitely what you make it.  :)—V

[45...]