Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

3 weeks into a K hold and it's not easy.  From 3 am to bedtime the brain is buzzing, bruised, tinnitus.  It shouldn't last forever (but it might).

If this doesn't get better any time soon I'm looking at plan b, c and d.

Any thoughts on holding ??

Welcome back Valley l got over excited the last time you came back and then you were gone so l will keep this very low key this time 😉. Have to say you have been missed my love.You have a lot of catching up to do so l will let you get on with it.

I am sorry to hear about your problems however sadly these things happen.l would imagine perhaps the taper maybe put a strain on your relationship?I hope it all works out for you both.l am also sorry to see your original problem has raised it's head.Are you still able to work out etc?Are you looking into alternative methods of dealing with it?

Your a bit of a star on here mate so don't run off again please.

I am recovering from the lurgy so am not on for a few days however I had to welcome you back.love to you.X

Hi Stut!  I appreciate your welcome back!

I am not currently able to work out like I want but I did get in really good shape before it went south again. I have a cyst in my spinal cord that causes a lot of pain at times but I’m dealing with it and working full time. I e learned how to manage pain without mind altering drugs.

The taper definitely put a strain on my marriage. If a person has t gone through benzo withdrawal they have no understanding of why it makes a person so dysfunctional.

Take care of yourself and feel better soon! :thumbsup:—V

Valley, sorry to be nosey, but is it a Tarlov cyst? I have those.

It is a fluid cyst actually 2 of them. My neurologist just informed me I had one at the T10 -11 level as well as at the T4-6. It is rare and called syringomyelia. No cyst is a good cyst lol —V

3 weeks into a K hold and it's not easy.  From 3 am to bedtime the brain is buzzing, bruised, tinnitus.  It shouldn't last forever (but it might).

If this doesn't get better any time soon I'm looking at plan b, c and d.

Any thoughts on holding ??

Are you able to distract at all? If you can that is the best thing you can do. At least it was for me. It does get better.  :thumbsup:—V

Are you able to distract at all? If you can that is the best thing you can do. At least it was for me. It does get better.  :thumbsup:—V

Yesterday a friend and I got out.  The entire day that brain bruise and buzzing kept getting in the way.  :sick:

Yesterday a friend and I got out.  The entire day that brain bruise and buzzing kept getting in the way.  :sick:

I remember well dreading having to go out but I had to some really hard things in withdrawal and the thing I found is that even though it is extremely difficult at times, you are able to do a lot more than you think you can.  Life goes on and we live it the best we can while going through this ugly process. When you get to the other side it will be hard to remember the struggle unless you have written it down. Feel good that you got out. It is an accomplishment.  :)

I remember well dreading having to go out but I had to some really hard things in withdrawal and the thing I found is that even though it is extremely difficult at times, you are able to do a lot more than you think you can.  Life goes on and we live it the best we can while going through this ugly process. When you get to the other side it will be hard to remember the struggle unless you have written it down. Feel good that you got out. It is an accomplishment.  :)

Val,  good words. Probably what I needed to hear. 

Thank You

It is a fluid cyst actually 2 of them. My neurologist just informed me I had one at the T10 -11 level as well as at the T4-6. It is rare and called syringomyelia. No cyst is a good cyst lol —V

You've got that right! Mine are at S2 and S3. I had mine surgically reduced which helped a lot.

Suzy I hope your symptoms are letting up a bit. I know you're struggling so much. I think if you hold all your meds for enough time you'll start to feel better. You don't want to deal with gabapentin wds when you're still in benzo wd dear. I believe holding will help us both. But many times during the day I don't believe it and I think I'm permanently damaged and stuck on 2.5 forever. I'm thinking long term, otherwise I get too impatient. I think "ok Janice you're still very sick, give yourself a year holding before you decide it's not working". Then maybe it will be less time, IDK, but at least I get the deadline pressure out of my mind for a few minutes.

Hi Janice!

Had a rough morning. I really feel a difference with this new teva.

Lots of pain grom the waste down. Oh yay! Some sx left so thets good. I guess we have to keep holding. Cut when you feel ready. Dont worry.  It hasnt been very long if you think about it aince you were in acute. So your body needs time. Me too! I think we both tot slammed. Its hard to feel like you have no control. You just want to fix it. It is so long and grueling. I dont understand how ppl get to the point were they feel normal thru this. We will get through this toghether. You not not stuck this way. Live Suzy❤❤

Hi vali um,

I was just reading through catching up. That kade me feel better that when we get done we forget. I was so scared I would be thinking about benzos forever and never feeling normal from this horrible experiene. Thank you for that!

I am so sorry you are having struggles with ur marriage. I really hope it is going to all work out for you.

Mmm,

Are you feeling ok? You are our there helping people. Take it slow. Hoping you are adjusting to the new medicine. Love you dd!!!

Jim watched the show. He looked horried.  He doesnt like to talk about it much.but hebis being nice.

I tried to help thst guy. I didnt kmow he  was 82. Omg. That is tricky.  :-[

V, minister of propaganda?!?  That’s pretty cool!  Yes I am holding to stabilize. It been 2 months now.  It has gotten a lot better than a month ago but I still need more time.  My Dr is very Ashton model but she has seen how I’m doing is letting me go at my pace as far as holding but at first she had me tapering 10% every two weeks.  Then we switched to 5%. But I got to 5mg and was like “whoa”. I may need to hold through the holidays.  My family is very broken and scared to taper.  This is all a cluster F do all of us.  But we will make it.  We will make it! 

Meems

Mmm,

Are you feeling ok? You are our there helping people. Take it slow. Hoping you are adjusting to the new medicine. Love you dd!!!

Jim watched the show. He looked horried.  He doesnt like to talk about it much.but hebis being nice.

DD,  found out he's actually 62.  He corrected his age in the over 60 support group. 

[58...]
I am having awful symptoms and don’t know whether I should start Klonopin taper.  I have a feeling I am experiencing tolerance withdrawal and need to get on with things.

Mmm,

I just wrote you a long post and my post got stuck and wouldn't go :tickedoff:.....yes, 62 and types like you, he is a she. :laugh: :laugh:  Gardie was helping her on over 60 Group and now I see she is on LHSG.  Gardie was asking her all kinds of questions.  And she is now on LHSG.  Gardie will put her posts together if we need her to so we can see the whole picture.  Sorry, guys, I have had rough day, hoping it's not my new Liquid, it's too soon I think, just 2 little tiny doses so far.  Love ya DD, sorry new Teva not working well for you., MM. 💜  Oh, wanted to say I am glad Jim watched show.  Now he can see it's not you, it's the meds, that's great!

Aww..i hate that do it all the time!! Glad they are helping her. Probably just need to adjust. Plus the transition is probably making  you anxious.  Im bettern ow ?? This is insane.  Love you!!!!!

I am having awful symptoms and don’t know whether I should start Klonopin taper.  I have a feeling I am experiencing tolerance withdrawal and need to get on with things.

Hey Lookinup, I copied your post fom over 60 group so you wouldn't need to type it over here to,

"Oh, that makes me feel good.  Glad to have the club for support.  I don’t know where to start with the taper.  I am 62, by the way, not 82!  I want to come off because I have been getting symptoms that may be tolerance withdrawal.  It is very hard to tell exactly what is going on. Sensory—vibrations ,tingling, etc. palpapations, insomnia, numbness on bottom of feet.  But,I noticed these right  after tapering and jumping off Remeron in June.  Some people have a reaction to that too. And, I am having thyroid issues as well.  High T4. Haven’t felt well for 4 months.  Found some articles on tolerance withdrawal and shared them with my doctors.  Saw a psychiatrist who does tapers yesterday.  He said not such thing as tolerance withdrawal.  If are on steady dose of medication,it holds.  Also said no such thing as reaction to Remeron.  Realize I am on my own. Haven’t heard from doctors yet.  They are probably frightened by it!  Too bad there isn’t a blood test to tell whether you are withdrawaling from Klonopin!  Will be interesting to get the thoughts of the others in the club about the symptoms and tolerance withdrawal.  Need to get off it anyway.  Too bad it is not as simple as going to Betty Ford Clinic. I hear that is widely discouraged.  Thank you for getting back to me and thank you to the club members for yours support."

IMO, LIU, it does sound like you may be suffering from withdrawal from the Remeron and having tolerance from your K.  Those 2 things would make you feel pretty bad.  My name is Mary and we will try to help you over here or you can work on over 60 group or KK2.  It would be good if you kept most information in one place.  :)

How long were you tapered off Remeron?  The reason I ask, if you are just in tolerance, tapering you very slowly at a low amount, may be best if it's the k, but if it's Withdrawal and tolerance that may not be the answer.  Please let us know and we will help you find a way through this.  :). Mary 💜

[58...]
I think it can be withdrawal and tolerance and I have a hyperactive thyroid right now.  Very revel up.  Could really use help with this.  I just brought to my doctors’ attention that this could be tolerance withdrawal and not all endocrine like they thought.  Right now I am considering going to detox.  I feel absolutely horrible!  How do I find posts that I’ve read to go back and comment?

I think it can be withdrawal and tolerance and I have a hyperactive thyroid right now.  Very revel up.  Could really use help with this.  I just brought to my doctors’ attention that this could be tolerance withdrawal and not all endocrine like they thought.  Right now I am considering going to detox.  I feel absolutely horrible!  How do I find posts that I’ve read to go back and comment?

You are actually posting all in the Support Group thread, so just go to Home Page, where your profile is and scroll down to Support Groups, click there and scroll down until you see Long Hold Support Group, down a little farther to KK2 Group and then 60 Support thread.

You can also put your member name in near your profile and it will show posts underneath your name, click there and it will show all your posts. 

I hope you give us a little longer to help, most people find detox a very rough place to be.  If you have a thyroid problem, you will need your Dr involved for that, but we can help with the taper.  We just need to understand everything.  :)

I really appreciate all of your help.  It is so hard to tell which is coming from what!!!

I'll PM you about finding where you left off.

Hi Friends! And welcome back Valley Um... I also have taken a BenzoBuddies break so I am wayyy behind in this group, just read back about 6 pages but that's probly  all I can do...

I started a hold at 2mgV a year and a half ago, I wasn't sure how long it would take me to stabilize but it took a year and a half and I finally stabilized! For real! All the propaganda is TRUE! I just started to taper again about a month ago and it is going so well so far. No major sxs. And I have been getting out on walks and short bike rides and social outings. VIVA LA LONG HOLD! And I mean loooooong.

xoxo

OliveK

[85...]