Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

50 jumping jacks?  My boobs would give me a black eye  :D.

Guinea pig this made me Crack up laughing in the middle of a horrid wave.  :smitten:

Therapists who don't know about bwd are a waste of time and money and it's traumatic to be invalidated by them. Do you really have to go Suzy. I dumped mine. I'm so happy and so is my wallet.

Honestly D I have no idea how to type on a phone.  Don’t you go cross Eyed?  I hope you get an IPad for Xmas.  You deserve it.

Thank VNM.  Waves are so miserable aren’t they?

Honestly D I have no idea how to type on a phone.  Don’t you go cross Eyed?  I hope you get an IPad for Xmas.  You deserve it.

Thank VNM.  Waves are so miserable aren’t they?

Yes GP dear, especially when one was thinking one was getting better and BAM! back to the past. It makes me think maybe I'll never stabilize, I'll never be able to cut again. I can't possibly risk being less functional than now. I'm already only 40% of my own self, in terms of stress tolerance and I just can't risk being even worse. If I was retired and my daughter was an adult I wouldn't really care so much. Oh well. I'll pray. What else is there to do? Wait and pray.

I hear you.  Luckily I’m retired but I really resent all this lost time and medical tests that just say anxiety.  I had one window that was so wonderful but the wave that followed was unbearable.  I try so hard to stay upbeat through this.  It’s not easy.  I have no idea how anyone can work through this.  And raise a child.  You are awesome.

I hear you.  Luckily I’m retired but I really resent all this lost time and medical tests that just say anxiety.  I had one window that was so wonderful but the wave that followed was unbearable.  I try so hard to stay upbeat through this.  It’s not easy.  I have no idea how anyone can work through this.  And raise a child.  You are awesome.

Thank you GP. Well that's why I updosed. Not that it's doing wonders but at least I can function. Bedtime here. Hope a window opens for both of us soon. You are awesome. I was just reading how the stupid neighbor was hitting on you. You must be one attractive 62 year old lady!! Good night  :smitten:

Hi v,

Thats how it feels to me. Its a waste of time. She is the therapist were my psychiatrist is. So I need to see her to see my invalidating psychiatrist. It seems lile she trys to change the subjuct when i a m talking about it. She also says i am better. Im not i have a long wsy to go. I think she trys. It is disturbing to go though.

You guys are so great.  Not that I want anyone in waves but just the fact that you guys are laughing and joking in the midst of a wave you are in gives me hope even though I feel like unbearable shit and think I will never heal.  So thank you!  I hope I can get to the place where I can say “F I’m in a wave but I’m not going to let it take me”.  Got car serviced but then had to go through the paperwork for my elderly mom’s advanced health care directive and would you believe...wait for it...family named me as her agent cause I live with her and they are all hundreds and thousands of miles away.  Are you f-in kidding me.  I’m in Benzo withdrawal.  Wtf?  God has one hell of a sense of humor. 

Meems

What happened v! Are you ok. Bad wave? Im sure its bound to hapoen to all of us no matter were we are in a taper. These benzosare so unpredictable and non-linear. It is so awful we have to libe this way.  It is so upsetting.

You guys are so great.  Not that I want anyone in waves but just the fact that you guys are laughing and joking in the midst of a wave you are in gives me hope even though I feel like unbearable shit and think I will never heal.  So thank you!  I hope I can get to the place where I can say “F I’m in a wave but I’m not going to let it take me”.  Got car serviced but then had to go through the paperwork for my elderly mom’s advanced health care directive and would you believe...wait for it...family named me as her agent cause I live with her and they are all hundreds and thousands of miles away.  Are you f-in kidding me.  I’m in Benzo withdrawal.  Wtf?  God has one hell of a sense of humor. 

Meems

Wow, Meems, I can't imagine having that much responsibility but we will try to help you get stable and be here for you.  Keeping my mood stable has been hard but paid off in spades.  That's why we joke and chat so much.  We really are distracting ourselves so jump in here , vent, joke, ask questions, whatever you need.  Love, Mary 💜💜

Hey sleepy head ufo mary, hehe.

I hope you had a good nap. You must be exhaused doung those intris. I see. You everywere.  You helped so many ppl. I with my brsin would start working. I feel like i cant even figure out how to answer questions.

Hi Meem,

We do laugh alot here. I realky think.it helps. This whole experience feels like a bad dream! I know how you feel. All the things we have to do when in bzd. Sometimes you dobt even know how the heck yoy did it. Even simple things are hard. Ugh

English, I see you reading, are you up to posting some and letting us know how you are.  We miss you very much girlfriend.  Pets to Tilly and ♥️♥️♥️♥️ to you.  Mary 🐈🐈🐈🐈🐈🐈🐾🐾🐾🐾

Hey Bill I want to ask you a question about the dysautonomia. I'm going to be tapering again Nov 1😟 and I wanted to know if your dysautonomia symtoms came back when you resumed your taper. I think you said I would probably experience it again, the POTS like symtoms, when I resumed my taper.. just would like your thoughts. I really don't think I can handle that again. I still have some hot flushes and weird subtle chest discomfort but like I said I can walk and stand all I like no without issue.

Well anyway I hope you read this I'd love to talk to you about this. I might pm you or you could pm me. I appreciate all the support Bill, you have encouraged me a lot through that awful time.

Be well my friend,

Trish

Hi Trishy

So glad you’re feeling better!  My dysautonomia slowly mostly went away while I was holding, and has gradually continued to improve more while tapering.  I only get hints of chest tightness when over exerting myself, or in a wave, otherwise I’m very good, nothing close to the way it was.  But I think the key is patience and very slow taper rate.  DLMT is really helpful with these powerful benzos like Ativan and Xanax and i really recommend it.  You can probably do a scale and shaving pills, but it seems hard to do to me.  Whichever, I really recommend making very small reductions every day or 2 instead of a cut and hold.  You need to avoid ramping up symptoms or things like POTS could creep back I believe, and larger cuts bring symptoms.

You’re doing well, we will get there!

Stut, my Queen, you are sounding a little stronger I think.  I hope you are well soon.  My eyes are still tired, but all the threads now, are just so busy, I just don't feel good not helping.  All the Introductions have made it to this side.  :idiot:  going to start my Liquid Diazapam tomorrow, a little nervous, have held for 2 weeks.  Wish me luck.

When I did my liquid Valium crossover I was at 6 mg of valium  using three 2 mg pills once a day.  I switched to taking 5 mgs of valium by pills and 1 mg of valium by liquid.  I made the mix of 1 part liquid Diazepam/valium to one 9 parts water that Builder advises.  I then held a few weeks to make sure I was stable, and then switched to 2 mg of liquid valium and 4 mg of valium by pills.  When I tapered down to 5 mg of valium--which was 1 mg by liquid and 4 mgs by pills--I switched over to 2 mgs by liquid and 3 mgs by pills.  That is how I proceeded.

I used the liquid valium to taper about .2ml/.02 mg a day.  I use a 10 ML syringe which has gradients of .2 ml.  This translates into .02mg if you are mixing the liquid valium at a 1-9 ratio with the water.  You can also introduce a 1 ml syringe into the mix, which allows you to easily measure down to .1 ml or .01mg.  All of this has a lot of flexibility.  You don't have to lower the dose every day if you are not comfortable doing so, and it allows you to lower by an extremely small amount.

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Morning lady Mary good luck with the crossover remember slow and steady.l think you will be grand honey try not to overthink it.l have everything crossed for you.l hope you put steaks on your eyes 😉.Star jumps are not recommended for the over 50 club.Still blah just popping in to see how everyone is doing.Yes l saw it you grass 😠. Unbelievable.Your off my Christmas card list.If your looking me l am back on the Bloody rack 😭. Love you my lady Mary.X

Morning Vali remember this is all part of withdrawal nothing more.l know it shakes you when you get slammed by a wave however it will pass.I know it is horrible but you have been here before and you will get through it.Stay strong honey.love you.X

Morning Final great to hear you went to the market.Well done my lovely.lf l waited to want to do anything l would never go anywhere or do anything.Keep setting yourself little goals l think the less we do the less we can do.love to you.X

Morning GP l hate losing posts.Sanditon is an adaptation of Jane Austen's last novel which was unfinished.lf you remember pride and prejudice with Colin Firth it is written by the same writer.Very good if you enjoyed pride and prejudice you should enjoy Sanditon.l hope you are having a better day honey.love to you.X

Morning Suzy just keep holding honey.l understand your frustration with the therapist however if you need to go just let it wash over you.Can she just give you coping strategies for anxiety? Listen stop looking for validation your wasting your time and causing yourself more frustration.love you.X

Morning Trish listen my twin withdrawal hits our weakest spots sadly.Now you may not have very bad symptoms if you slow down.l don't think you would have been so bad if you hadn't rushed your last few cuts.l know this is scary however remember withdrawal symptoms are generally uncomfortable however they are harmless.love you my lST.X

Morning Bill how is it going with you? Still keeping the withdrawal symptoms manageable? You do appear to be doing well.love to you.X

Morning Meems keep going honey.We have been doing this a long time and yes we use humour because it really helps.l swear if this group was constantly stressed about withdrawal symptoms l for one would not be here.Keep strong.Love to you.X

Stut, are you still around woman?  You sound tired this morning, please take care of yourself.  Worried about you, can't help it.  I had a really good morning and early afternoon yesterday, thought I might be going to have a window, but by 5, my whole body was aching,  damn benzo's.  Cold front this morning, whoohoo, except they can cause migraines.  Started my liquid last night, I am at 8.80 mgs, so starting the cross over with the .80.  Everything slowed down yesterday, so Joe and I were bad.  It was funny.  Can't wait until you feel better.  Love to babies and their mom, it's nice to hear about Socks once in awhile  :laugh:  Love you my Queen, your Lady Mary.    💜💜💜💜

Stut, are you still around woman?  You sound tired this morning, please take care of yourself.  Worried about you, can't help it.  I had a really good morning and early afternoon yesterday, thought I might be going to have a window, but by 5, my whole body was aching,  damn benzo's.  Cold front this morning, whoohoo, except they can cause migraines.  Started my liquid last night, I am at 8.80 mgs, so starting the cross over with the .80.  Everything slowed down yesterday, so Joe and I were bad.  It was funny.  Can't wait until you feel better.  Love to babies and their mom, it's nice to hear about Socks once in awhile  :laugh:  Love you my Queen, your Lady Mary.    💜💜💜💜

Good morning my lovely oh how disappointing however maybe it is a little taste of what's to come fingers crossed.l am just tired can't say l am not a bit fed up but what can you do.Any plans for the weekend?My sisters went to see Downton Abby yesterday they really enjoyed it.X

Good morning Stut.  How are you today

Morning GP l could moan but will save you from that 😀. Just blah so have my walks done and resting.How are you honey have you cut today?X

[40...]