Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better.

Morning Lady Mary, Trish, Intend,Free, Final, Suzy,Bill, Esperanza,GP and everyone here l am still blah so will go back to lurking until things settle down.l watched the Lisa Ling program have to say it did obviously have an impact on the public which is a good start.Ofcourse it wasn't perfect how could it be but it got people talking so that's good.Whether it has an impact on the medical profession only time will tell.

Anyway daughter seems to be out of the woods still very weak and shaky but talking about getting back to uni,Sis at home doing well, Auntie holding her own and hopefully not be long until rehab begins.Pups and Sox doing good.

Just wanted you all to know l am thinking of you and hoping you all feel better soon.lntend l hope your doctor's appointment went well and you had a good discussion with him?

Be back as soon as l can.love you all.X

Hi mm,

Everything is making me so sad lately. I.dont know if it.is a new sx. I have mo umphh. It is weird. I feel like my life is so bad. Maybe it isnt.  This whole experience is wearing me down. Im sure ill pop.out of it eventually.

You are so good doing those intros. You need to take care of your eyes. No more tonight young lady!!! Love delirios depressing dd

Suzy I'm sorry you're having a tough time. All that sadness is withdrawal and it sucks and it's paralizing. I don't know if this will help you but I follow my to do list in spite of the sadness. Sometimes I feel it's impossible, but I just move my body or pick up the phone to do the errands anyway. This is DISTRACTION and makes you feel more like your efficient self. Then I make sure I go for a walk every single day. Better in the park, in nature, but if not possible the mall will do also. Distraction is the only way through this hell. I know none of us know how bad the others' symptoms are, so if this advice is not useful just ignore it. Hang in there Suzy. This shall pass. Wait, distract, and there'll be a widow.

Stutt, thank you for showing up just to put our minds at ease. You are loved so much here. Please keep resting as much as you can. We have to respect these viruses. I also love to read your encouraging posts. You've got me through a few terrible days and I'll never forget that. Rest and lurk, and sooner than later you'll be off the freaking benzo. I'll be on it for a long time. My doctor doesn't want me to cut anytime soon, I had appointment yesterday. He wants me to hold for a loooong time and I really appreciate it. If I'm ever stable, which I'm very far from being, I'll tell him I want to cut. He knows in summer I had bad SI and now that I'm out of that hell I told him that I had started to actually plan on the how to do it, back in July. I think that's why he doesn't dare touch my meds. I think he's a good person. I hope I never lose him. Take care Stutt. You're the strongest person here. We need you.

Stud, are you still here?  I miss you but am so glad to hear family is improving.  Just not the same without our wise tiny Irish woman....hopefully the blahs will ease soon, but you need do a good long rest.  Love you so much.  Miss that humor.  Pets and kisses to all babies.  Your Lady Mary aka the hen 🐥💜💜💜💜💜

Hey Meeks, welcome.  You have gotten some good information.  Your symptoms sound pretty bad , taking another cut while your symptoms are bad, will , imo, destabilize your brain and central nervous system more.  If you can, take another couple months.  Hopefully everything will settle some and you can begin your taper in a more stable position.  Anytime, you just jump in, ask questions, or just participate.  We are here for you.  I just started a three month hold.  So we can help each other.

Holding is hard because we want to get off the benzo so badly.  We will all be here for you.  Mary 💜

Stud, are you still here?  I miss you but am so glad to hear family is improving.  Just not the same without our wise tiny Irish woman....hopefully the blahs will ease soon, but you need do a good long rest.  Love you so much.  Miss that humor.  Pets and kisses to all babies.  Your Lady Mary aka the hen 🐥💜💜💜💜💜

Good morning Hen is that my new name?Have you been talking to Gus as well 😏😉?How are you honey anything changing? Have you been over using your eyes my love 😨?

Good morning Hen is that my new name?Have you been talking to Gus as well 😏😉?How are you honey anything changing? Have you been over using your eyes my love 😨?

Lol, lol.  Sorry, I guess you can tell, I overused my eye Stud  :laugh:  No, I haven't meet Gus, but Joe is very interested in who he is ??  Want to tell me?  Are you feeling any better?  Rest, spend some more time with your daughter.  We do miss you so much...so many people are feeling bad, the threads can go very quiet.  Yes , we got swamp with Introductions, but I finished my share yesterday, my left eye was exhausted.  The one good thing though Stut, we did catch some before they began to taper and weren't in tolerance, so maybe we can help some get through withdrawal without having such a hard time.  That will make it worth it.  I am going to buy 5 or 6 copies of that LL show and give to family and friends.  Help them understand some anyway.  Please get well soon.  bb without you isn't bb.  Love you much my Queen, Mary 🐶🐕🐱🐾🐾🐾.      💜💜💜💜

Lol, lol.  Sorry, I guess you can tell, I overused my eye Stud  :laugh:  No, I haven't meet Gus, but Joe is very interested in who he is ??  Want to tell me?  Are you feeling any better?  Rest, spend some more time with your daughter.  We do miss you so much...so many people are feeling bad, the threads can go very quiet.  Yes , we got swamp with Introductions, but I finished my share yesterday, my left eye was exhausted.  The one good thing though Stut, we did catch some before they began to taper and weren't in tolerance, so maybe we can help some get through withdrawal without having such a hard time.  That will make it worth it.  I am going to buy 5 or 6 copies of that LL show and give to family and friends.  Help them understand some anyway.  Please get well soon.  bb without you isn't bb.  Love you much my Queen, Mary 🐶🐕🐱🐾🐾🐾.      💜💜💜💜

Lol l call all my ex's Gus l treat them all the same Joe knows me too well 😂😂. Listen l think it was good for 40 minutes of coverage honestly people on here are never bloody happy.l agree if it gets people tapering it's actually a very good thing.Ofcourse they could have stated more withdrawal symptoms not just mental, ofcourse they could have underlined that people suffer for a long time after withdrawal however they started the conversation.l was glad l saw it.l don't really know why people were triggered by it l thought it was well done all in all.

. I just wanted to touch base honey to make sure you were ok and resting those eyes.l am going back to lurking for a time.l love you my lady Mary Hen and keep that King in check 😏.

Hi v!

That is really good advice.  I ususlly do that.  I think life situations brought om my dep worse.  I beat myself up.for not working.  Jim wants me working. My parents.  Everyone is so hard on me. So they all make me feel like a loser. It has heen 5 mos.

I want to. I have always been a hard worker. I just cant imagine starting a new job this way. If i was going.back to a job were ppl knew me. I think.maybe i could do it. Ill figure it out.  I guess i should keep holding.  It has bern 17 days. Ugh. I hope you are ok. Hope your anxiety and depr are easing.up. I will get.back later when i can type and make sense. Love suzy  :smitten:

Hi v!

That is really good advice.  I ususlly do that.  I think life situations brought om my dep worse.  I beat myself up.for not working.  Jim wants me working. My parents.  Everyone is so hard on me. So they all make me feel like a loser. It has heen 5 mos.

I want to. I have always been a hard worker. I just cant imagine starting a new job this way. If i was going.back to a job were ppl knew me. I think.maybe i could do it. Ill figure it out.  I guess i should keep holding.  It has bern 17 days. Ugh. I hope you are ok. Hope your anxiety and depr are easing.up. I will get.back later when i can type and make sense. Love suzy  :smitten:

Suzy I'm sorry everyone's giving you such a hard time. In your circumstances where you are getting all this pressure, I think it would be good to hold and usually holding helps people get to a better place where they can think better. This happens after holding for a while but unfortunately there's no way to know how much time. I started feeling a bit better only after two months. I think maybe if you hold long enough, you'll be able to think more clearly and get a part time job. Maybe start with four hours. But first hold for a few months. Yesterday I went to my psychiatrist. He said the worst thing is changing doses. Take your same dose consistently and wait for at least two months until you even think of changing anything. I would personally wait longer than that. Remember this is just my opinion based on my own experience and what I read other people have reported on this forum, but I still need to tell you what I think could help.

Thanks so much v,

I have been so lost.  About the work situation. I am going to kerp holding and see if thete is dome othet way to get money. I have unemp till nov 3. This dam drug isvruining my life. I rent from my parents but they will want there money.  You have helped me so much. I think i need to hold to. I was such a mess before i joined bb in july. Horrible i have improved so much. Still have more stabilizing to do.  I dont want to screw it up.  Love you Suzy

Morning Lady Mary, Trish, Intend,Free, Final, Suzy,Bill, Esperanza,GP and everyone here l am still blah so will go back to lurking until things settle down.l watched the Lisa Ling program have to say it did obviously have an impact on the public which is a good start.Ofcourse it wasn't perfect how could it be but it got people talking so that's good.Whether it has an impact on the medical profession only time will tell.

Anyway daughter seems to be out of the woods still very weak and shaky but talking about getting back to uni,Sis at home doing well, Auntie holding her own and hopefully not be long until rehab begins.Pups and Sox doing good.

Just wanted you all to know l am thinking of you and hoping you all feel better soon.lntend l hope your doctor's appointment went well and you had a good discussion with him?

Good morning Stut,

I'm glad things are semi stabilizing with your family and that everyone is moving toward healing.  I'm glad you are taking care of yourself as well and lurking as you need to.

I am fair.  Was able to work with two patients yesterday by phone and they couldn't tell that part of my brain is not really working.  It was good to work with them but of course I long to be more fully present.  One step as I can.

Good morning Stut,

I'm glad things are semi stabilizing with your family and that everyone is moving toward healing.  I'm glad you are taking care of yourself as well and lurking as you need to.

I am fair.  Was able to work with two patients yesterday by phone and they couldn't tell that part of my brain is not really working.  It was good to work with them but of course I long to be more fully present.  One step as I can.

Good for you FH, I know that made you feel productive.  You are slowly improving and that is a wonderful feeling.  LY, Mary 💜

Hi everyone,

I haven’t posted much in a while but I’ve been watching all the shenanigans on this site!  This is a great group.  I’m slowly tapering and doing not that bad.  I’m definitely still not normal and have ups and downs but still seem to be extremely gradually a bit better baseline all the time.  I’m thankful for that.

Stut I think you give very excellent advice.  Holding really does help most people, but if you’re sensitive it can take months to make a difference.  You have to have patience and it will happen though for almost everyone.  It really helped me but took 4 months.

DD, I wish you could avoid pressuring yourself and letting others do so.  I know it’s hard because no one else understands, I have the same issues with people in my life.  That said, I do believe it’s helpful to sometimes push yourself carefully to do more.  No stress though, just challenge yourself.  It takes courage but eventually you’ll find things improving.  I agree that the longer hold will also help,

Hang in there everyone and try for a good day!

Wow; my psych doesnt seem to have any idea. Thank you gor letting me know!

Hi Suzy,

I'm sorry you are feeling low, I am very familiar with those feelings.  I also am sorry you are getting pressure from your family.  While I dont have that pressure from husband, I have had a few arguments with a friend of mine who  keeps trying to suggest that if I think better thoughts or adjust my attitude, I will feel better.

I have had to explain that the part of my brain that is all about self talk has been injured.  So frustrating.

I saw in your signature that you lowered your gabapentin. Do you think that drop is impacting you now?  I don't know how long it takes to stabilize on gabapentin but maybe that and the switch of the Teva pill has put you in a rough patch.  Just wanted to mention it because I know I often blame myself for what these meds do to me. 

FH

Good morning Stut,

[/quote

Good for you FH, I know that made you feel productive.  You are slowly improving and that is a wonderful feeling.  LY, Mary 💜

It does help a little Mary and I long to be even more productive.

Thanks fh and bill,

You are right. I do need to challenge myself more. I do get out or walks and clean. Run errands.  I do need to do more. Some days I I do really good. Then some its a flop. I try to stay vertical till st least 1:00. Walking sround thr house is getting less ovetwhelming. It is like im uncomfortable everywere i go. It font kmow what thst sx is?  :o. You give good advice and I am going to do more. I am glad you are starting to feel better and are posting more. Glad you went on a trip that must have been hard. But like you dsid it is going to get betyer snf better for us. Love Suzy

Hi fh,

Good sound so good. I am glad you took some patients. You are getting better everyday. I think the me teva may be mskimg me more dep. I was always ready to run oit thr door every morning to walk. Now, blah. I went fown to 600 gabapentin because im like you i dont want to tske it. Bern thst way my whole life. Its bern to days. I have only bern on it say 5 mos. So, I figured i havent bern on it thst long. So i gave it a go.  I thouhht maybe it would cleat up my brain.  I never should have bern put on psych drugs. Im yo defiant. I take them i dtop. If they stsrt pushing them on me. I take them for a week and freak out and stop. Anyway, not a goid patient. I felt dep before lowering the gaba. So i dont know. Ill be so hsppy when im off them all. I am tired off being chsined too these psych. Especially now after what has happened to all of us. It makes me sick! Sorry

Hello, I was directed to this group per a comment I posted in the taper withdrawal section.  I happened to be one of the mass introductions people but not cause of the Lisa Ling show.  Which I did watch.  I’ve been on BB for a few months now but have not posted anything.  I’m here cause like all of us I need help and support.  So basically I was like “F it I need to reach out so I’m gonna start talking”.

I’ve been holding at 5 mg of Valium for 2 months and still having some symptoms.  I have a meeting with psych on the 21st and not sure if I should continue to hold or just cut to 4.5mg and hold.  I want so bad to be off this poison. 

I guess I could just use some suggestions and experience, strength and hope about this.  I feel like shit every morning with jolts of cortisol, electricity in my body and nausea.  I don’t know if it’s time for me to cut, even if it’s a small amount. 

You guys all seem so close it’s kind of intimidating to reach out.

Meems97

Meem's, you're more than welcome here everyone is. We can sometimes be a little silly but we are just trying to get by in this journey of hell with a little humor and some laughs if we are lucky enough to get them. We sometimes miss a post but it's never intentional. Please don't be intimidated to come here, everyone is very friendly with a willingness to help in anyway we can. Some of us have been in this group for a long time and friendships have been made and have grown but the door is always open here to anyone who wishes to join in.

So please join us if this is where you want to be. Hopefully we'll have you laughing at times too.

Trish ❤️

Hi Stut,

I am sorry you are still sick. Kust keep resting. Before you kmow it you will better. Glad the family is doing wall and situated. So gonto hear from you. Love Suzy  :smitten:

Hi Meem,

You are welcome hear anytime. When I first joined bb, sending outbmy first post was do hard. I am so glad I did. Keep posting. Anywere you want. We are all here to help eachother.  :thumbsup:

Take care of yourself my tiny Irish twin. Hopefully this will pass soon! Glad your daughter is feeling better. Prayers for all of you, auntie too!

Love you,

LST🙏❤️

Suzy do you really want to taper gabapentin being as unstable as you are from the benzo? I understand your concern about all these drugs. My approach now is, first hold all my meds to avoid more stress to my CNS. My brain wants stability and consistency. After that, if I reach a good enough baseline, I'll start tapering the benzo first. I know this is not an exact science but I'm sticking to my decision.

Hi v, I think you are right. That was my plan too. I started reading about it and got scared. I am going to stay put were I am.  :smitten:

[2b...]