Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

******Hey guys, we are being slammed with Introductions from the LL show last night

Mary, or anyone,

Do you know if there is anywhere that we can see this now, without having recorded it?

Thanks so much!  :)

Al

It’s on YouTube. You can go to Benzos in the News and thinkstopthink has put up a link to the YouTube video.

Or you can go to google and type in YouTube. Once on YouTube, in the search area type in “the Benzo Crisis Lisa Ling.”

Thank you so very much, Intend!

I am watching it now.

Al,

Your very welcome.☪️

Stutt, good morning.

Thinking of you and wondering how you're doing. It's better if you don't force yourself to write. With last February's flu I couldn't even answer whatsapps. Don't force yourself please and take a break from everything. As soon as you have some energy I hope you go to the doctor to make sure there are no complications in your lungs, like we should always do with the flu. I'm praying and thinking of you as many are here, and somehow I think you'll be ok and you'll come off this crap. Wait for me on the other side  :smitten:

Morning LHSG......

The Introduction section was almost completely full again this morning.  Anyone wants to help, hint hint.  I am afraid it will be like this for awhile now.  I have been working on it this morning, but my eyes are going to crap out soon  :(. Love you all and hope you are having a better day.

Mary 💜💜💜

Morning LHSG......

The Introduction section was almost completely full again this morning.  Anyone wants to help, hint hint.  I am afraid it will be like this for awhile now.  I have been working on it this morning, but my eyes are going to crap out soon  :(. Love you all and hope you are having a better day.

Mary 💜💜💜

Hi Mary, 

Please take care of yourself and take a break from the intro board. It's hard when others need us but so important especially when we are struggling.  I say it because my health went down the tubes when I over gave and I really regret it.  You probably have better boundaries than I did. 

I'm not feeling great today but when I woke up today at 4am wirh muscle aches, I used my homeopathic creme and it helped so much.  Going to try and breathe though today. 

Morning LHSG......

Mary 💜💜💜

Hi Mary, 

Please take care of yourself and take a break from the intro board. It's hard when others need us but so important especially when we are struggling.  I say it because my health went down the tubes when I over gave and I really regret it.  You probably have better boundaries than I did. 

I'm not feeling great today but when I woke up today at 4am wirh muscle aches, I used my homeopathic creme and it helped so much.  Going to try and breathe though today.

Thanks for worrying about me FH, you are a sweetie.  I just did my last one for the morning and am going to take a long break.  It is amazing how many newbies came to bb :D. You take care of yourself too girlfriend.  LY, Mary 💜  PS, boundaries, what are they?  :laugh: :laugh:

Morning LHSG......

Mary 💜💜💜

Hi Mary, 

Thanks for worrying about me FH, you are a sweetie.  I just did my last one for the morning and am going to take a long break.  It is amazing how many newbies came to bb :D. You take care of yourself too girlfriend.  LY, Mary 💜  PS, boundaries, what are they?  :laugh: :laugh:

Mary,

I did just look at the introductions section, and many new people have come on. This will probably go on for awhile as the Lisa Ling show clearly caught the attention of other benzo users.

Today, I have my doctors appointment. I cannot tell if this 3 month hold has helped me or not, but overall I’d say no. My sx seems to be worse and I am not happy about that. I have 12 days to complete the full 3 months, so I will talk with my doctor and see what he thinks about going the next 12 days or cutting now.

As FH says, please take care of yourself also. On Benzos in the News section, Colin has given his thoughts on the Lisa Ling show, and i think his thoughts are good to have and read.

I worry about you and your eyes. I surely hope that something has improved and is getting better. Just please take a break here and get some downtime. You need it and so do your eyes. II 🌹 🥀 🌹

Morning LHSG......

Mary 💜💜💜

Hi Mary, 

Mary,

I did just look at the introductions section, and many new people have come on. This will probably go on for awhile as the Lisa Ling show clearly caught the attention of other benzo users.

Today, I have my doctors appointment. I cannot tell if this 3 month hold has helped me or not, but overall I’d say no. My sx seems to be worse and I am not happy about that. I have 12 days to complete the full 3 months, so I will talk with my doctor and see what he thinks about going the next 12 days or cutting now.

As FH says, please take care of yourself also. On Benzos in the News section, Colin has given his thoughts on the Lisa Ling show, and i think his thoughts are good to have and read.

I worry about you and your eyes. I surely hope that something has improved and is getting better. Just please take a break here and get some downtime. You need it and so do your eyes. II 🌹 🥀 🌹

Thank you III  :). I am taking breaks.  You know I love your Dr and want to know everything he says about your situation right now.  I am very unhappy you are suffering so and really hope he has some ideas.  I read Collins post, definitely agree about a couple things but for a first show, all in all, I believe it could have been a lot worse.  We are getting people on introduction that aren't in trouble yet and that to me was worth the show.  We can help them before they started out clueless and hit a wall before they know it.  We may actually be able to help them get off wth an easy taper.  That's worth the show to me, really. 

I so hope your Dr has some suggestions, damn, I wish we had found our way here before things became so difficult for us.  Love you Intend, remember I want to know what he says!!  🌹🚂🐈🐾

Mary,

I will definitely tell you what my doctor says. I really already know. Most likely, it will be that so many changes have highly sensitized me, and that this is going to be slow and hard, but at some point, the up regulation  will take over the glutamate, and I will feel better. Well, I hope it goes that way with this taper I mean.

One thing to know with Colin is that (I’m fairly sure) he is not big on the liquid titration and seems to prefer the dry cut method. However, he also believes in letting others explore and share any idea of getting off, and is not really restrictive in any way unless he feels things have gotten silly, pointless, out of hand.

So as far as Lisa Ling, it was a show which I think needed more time to fully address this subject, but was done well in the 40 minutes it had. Definitely caught the eye of benzo users and/or their family/friends. And it’s good that many who have used them long term are not in trouble, but want to come off anyway.

As for me, I’ve been here years, and I was doing fine to the point of not logging in for quite awhile until I happened on to some list of nonprofits while looking for low cost housing for Cathy and saw the BIC non profit newly formed, got curious, searched for it at the location specified, couldn’t find it, came home and posted on BB “does this place really exist?”

And from there, got lots of answers to that, but also hit the wall just about the same time with all these generic changes which seemed to have gone on too long. And the new registration for me starts on October 15, so still dealing with that also. Have asked many questions, but it’s rough dealing with my voice and people who do not speak English well, or at all. Since they provide interpretive services, I may ask for one myself so they can speak their language and the interpreter can tell me what they are saying to me. In other words, the other way around.

Will speak later and let you know what’s going on. Love you. 🌹 🚂 🌶

Hey mm how are you doing? Are things improving for you at all? Busy day on intro huh? I'm a little hohum today.. I have a lot on my mind per usual. Trying so hard just to make the best life I can for myself given the situation. I think I'm having a little pity party for myself. I won't stay like this long but I think every now and again it's ok to do as long as I don't stay in this space for too long. This is the first time in years that I'm not really looking forward to the holidays which is not like me at all. Oh well this too shall pass.. Maybe a riddle would help it is Tuesday 😀.. Just kidding don't run for the hills :laugh: :laugh:

TT Trish and her TEDIOUS TAPER 😂

Hey mm how are you doing? Are things improving for you at all? Busy day on intro huh? I'm a little hohum today.. I have a lot on my mind per usual. Trying so hard just to make the best life I can for myself given the situation. I think I'm having a little pity party for myself. I won't stay like this long but I think every now and again it's ok to do as long as I don't stay in this space for too long. This is the first time in years that I'm not really looking forward to the holidays which is not like me at all. Oh well this too shall pass.. Maybe a riddle would help it is Tuesday 😀.. Just kidding don't run for the hills :laugh: :laugh:

Wow, you know me so well, I was about to run like hell.  My left eye is just a disaster right now.  I have to stay off introductions.  I was just reading DD's p-log, she is having a bad day too.  Life on benzo's.  I am not exactly having a pity party but close.  This is my own fault, I spent way to much time on bb.  You would think I would learn.  I am hoping these holidays are better than my last 2 since I am holding.  That would really mean a lot to me.  I am going to check on DD. Love ya, Marvelous Mean Mary Meandering  :laugh:

DD, I am worried about you.  I read your p-log, are you feeling any better?  It's so not like you to feel so down.  Love you, MMM.  💜💜💜

Hi mm,

Everything is making me so sad lately. I.dont know if it.is a new sx. I have mo umphh. It is weird. I feel like my life is so bad. Maybe it isnt.  This whole experience is wearing me down. Im sure ill pop.out of it eventually.

You are so good doing those intros. You need to take care of your eyes. No more tonight young lady!!! Love delirios depressing dd

Hi mm,

Everything is making me so sad lately. I.dont know if it.is a new sx. I have mo umphh. It is weird. I feel like my life is so bad. Maybe it isnt.  This whole experience is wearing me down. Im sure ill pop.out of it eventually.

You are so good doing those intros. You need to take care of your eyes. No more tonight young lady!!! Love delirios depressing dd

We call it the sads sweet D, we all get them, they come and go.  No more introductions for me, my left eye is a mess, like yours.  You try to distract, I read your advice to someone today, so I will send it back to you.  You are never depressing, never, Marvelously Mean Mary 💜💜

Wow, you know me so well, I was about to run like hell.  My left eye is just a disaster right now.  I have to stay off introductions.  I was just reading DD's p-log, she is having a bad day too.  Life on benzo's.  I am not exactly having a pity party but close.  This is my own fault, I spent way to much time on bb.  You would think I would learn.  I am hoping these holidays are better than my last 2 since I am holding.  That would really mean a lot to me.  I am going to check on DD. Love ya, Marvelous Mean Mary Meandering  :laugh:

Oh meandering Mary I'm so sorry about your peeper. You really need to discipline yourself girl. Stay off intros. I know you want to help but you're doing it at the expense of your own peeper health.

Ok go save DD.. I'm going back to my pity party for one 😢

❤️❤️ TT

Thanks mm,

I should distract. Oh i hate the sads  :-[ Im going back in to help some ppl and maybe they'll help me!! Lol  :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks mm,

I should distract. Oh i hate the sads  :-[ Im going back in to help some ppl and maybe they'll help me!! Lol  :smitten: :smitten:

UFO Mary, loves Darling D.

Go figure that out Tedious Trishy  :laugh:    I totally misunderstood someone's post  :laugh:

It was great ufo mary,

I looked the post snd couldnt figute it out. What you said wss classic!!!!!  :laugh: :laugh:

Satelite Suzy wooooo

It was great ufo mary,

I looked the post snd couldnt figute it out. What you said wss classic!!!!!  :laugh: :laugh:

Satelite Suzy wooooo

:2funny: :2funny:

Hello, I was directed to this group per a comment I posted in the taper withdrawal section.  I happened to be one of the mass introductions people but not cause of the Lisa Ling show.  Which I did watch.  I’ve been on BB for a few months now but have not posted anything.  I’m here cause like all of us I need help and support.  So basically I was like “F it I need to reach out so I’m gonna start talking”.

I’ve been holding at 5 mg of Valium for 2 months and still having some symptoms.  I have a meeting with psych on the 21st and not sure if I should continue to hold or just cut to 4.5mg and hold.  I want so bad to be off this poison. 

I guess I could just use some suggestions and experience, strength and hope about this.  I feel like shit every morning with jolts of cortisol, electricity in my body and nausea.  I don’t know if it’s time for me to cut, even if it’s a small amount. 

You guys all seem so close it’s kind of intimidating to reach out.

Meems97

Hello, I was directed to this group per a comment I posted in the taper withdrawal section.  I happened to be one of the mass introductions people but not cause of the Lisa Ling show.  Which I did watch.  I’ve been on BB for a few months now but have not posted anything.  I’m here cause like all of us I need help and support.  So basically I was like “F it I need to reach out so I’m gonna start talking”.

I’ve been holding at 5 mg of Valium for 2 months and still having some symptoms.  I have a meeting with psych on the 21st and not sure if I should continue to hold or just cut to 4.5mg and hold.  I want so bad to be off this poison. 

I guess I could just use some suggestions and experience, strength and hope about this.  I feel like shit every morning with jolts of cortisol, electricity in my body and nausea.  I don’t know if it’s time for me to cut, even if it’s a small amount. 

Meems97

HI Meems!

I'm so glad you reached out. Don't worry, some people have been in this group for years and really know each other well, but I've only been since June and you are very welcome.

OK, you mention symptoms that do seem quite severe. What this group usually believes is that when symptoms are intolerable, it's better to hold and then resume the taper when you have reached a better baseline. You say that in spite of your symptoms, you are finding a gradual improvement with the hold? That means your CNS is healing. Nobody here is going to tell you if you should keep holding or start cutting. That has to be your own decision. I've been holding for two and a half months and I'm planning to hold six months at least. I had a bad crash and I ended up here. You'll hopefully get more answers when the Americans wake up.

Stutt, good morning dear. It's better if you don't write because you need all your energy to get better. Just in case you pop in to read, I'm wishing you many blessings. That your daughter gets well, you get well, auntie gets through this without too much suffering, and that your sister is taken care of by the rest of the family so that you can take a break and recuperate. I know you want to take care of everyone, but now please just focus on yourself. You will get well soon. Love, Janice.

Stutt, good morning dear. It's better if you don't write because you need all your energy to get better. Just in case you pop in to read, I'm wishing you many blessings. That your daughter gets well, you get well, auntie gets through this without too much suffering, and that your sister is taken care of by the rest of the family so that you can take a break and recuperate. I know you want to take care of everyone, but now please just focus on yourself. You will get well soon. Love, Janice.

Good morning Janice thank you my lovely for your warm posts to me l love reading them.l am still much the same just wanted to drop in to say l am holding my own.Sis is settling back at home well.My daughter is still very weak however she is planning going back to Belfast soon.My Auntie is holding her own and fingers crossed she will be moved to rehab soon.The pups and Sox are all well.l am resting and trying to be patient so l will continue to lurk until l am feeling better.

I hope you are doing well my love?How is the mood and the anxiety?Has your daughter settled back to school ok?

. love you my lovely friend.X

Meems97

Welcome Meems l know this group can be intimidating and sadly a little clicky at times however we are always happy to see new members.l wish it was under better circumstances however most people come here as a last resort.Now l have read your posts and l see you have been through the mill with the ct and the change to diazepam.You have also been cutting every 2 weeks which again can be too fast for anyone who is sensitive to benzos.Now my advice would be hold for at least another couple of months.This will allow your cns time to settle down.Holding is not a quick fix it takes a lot of time to see an improvement so please consider holding for longer.l know we all want off these drugs however we have to take it slowly and try to keep withdrawal symptoms as manageable as possible.Love to you.X

[0c...]