Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

******Hey guys, we are being slammed with Introductions from the LL show last night.  If you want to help, go to Introductions and jump in  :D

Would like to Mary. Don’t know how to do those damn links or I would. 🐾 🐾 🌶 🚂

I answwred some. I wanred to hekp. This is a beatifyl.thing mm. I have tears in my eyes. Helping all these lost ppl. I need a cigarette. Bad

No, you don't.  I understand though, my little heart is pounding trying to work through some.  I didn't start helping on things like that until I had been on about 6 months.  You go walk, no cigarettes  >:(

Love you, Marvelously Mean Mary  :laugh: :laugh:

Ok m. I was shaking too. Very emotional day. You help you are good

When I feel good, I help on here and Withdrawal Support, my brain just isn't great right now, but I am trying.  Esperanza is kicking butt and she feels bad too.  You tried and you didn't do bad, I added a couple things behind you.  But as you learn and grow, you can help too.  You already help the people you are familiar with their issues.  :smitten: :smitten:

I answered a few myself. I think after being here over a year that qualifies me as a veteran.

I think so too , too many T's  :laugh:

Soon guys, these posts will start coming through, so we need to keep an eye on them over here.

DDD,  these will be the ones your story and your experience will really help  :D

You too, too many T's.    :D

Now, I am taking a nap, my eyes are shot 👁👁

Ok m. I was shaking too. Very emotional day. You help you are good

When I feel good, I help on here and Withdrawal Support, my brain just isn't great right now, but I am trying.  Esperanza is kicking butt and she feels bad too.  You tried and you didn't do bad, I added a couple things behind you.  But as you learn and grow, you can help too.  You already help the people you are familiar with their issues.  :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks mm,

I didnt know what the hell i was doing and wanted to help and saw all those people. Im sure you are doing fine. Espetanza is kicking but. Just do it in spurts. Your eyes need breaks. This is craziness. I guess alot of ppl did watch. Very emotinak we are emotional enough  :o

******Hey guys, we are being slammed with Introductions from the LL show last night

Mary, or anyone,

Do you know if there is anywhere that we can see this now, without having recorded it?

Thanks so much!  :)

Al

******Hey guys, we are being slammed with Introductions from the LL show last night

Mary, or anyone,

Do you know if there is anywhere that we can see this now, without having recorded it?

Al

You can watch it on demand. Although depending on your cable situation. I have Comcast so I can watch it on demand for free. It's up on demand now.

Mary, or anyone,

Al

I haven't heard of a way yet Al, I do think I read it will be on sale in a week for 2.99.  I forget where I read that though.  If I run into it again, will let you know.  Mary 💜

Mary, or anyone,

Al

You can watch it on demand. Although depending on your cable situation. I have Comcast so I can watch it on demand for free. It's up on demand now.

Mercy, Introductions will be busy for awhile  :idiot:

Hey everyone what's your thoughts on the Lisa Ling special? I cried in the very beginning. Two things I was hoping for was talked about. How difficult it is to get off these drugs and the lack of knowledge the medical professionals have on This class of drug. I also felt validated however some things talked about like reading the pamphlet of warnings that come with the medication.. Well I'm someone who has anxiety like most of us here and I personally avoid reading those pamphlets bc it increases my anxiety. I've actually been told NOT to read those by my Dr's!!! Unbelievable.. Also Lisa Ling should have been able to say definitively that wd from K was causing his sxs. That infuriated me. I liked that BB was on there and that there are no Drs here to help us just eachother to help us. I'm glad addiction was not mentioned and it dependence was. A woman from BB was on there and she received help with dlmt by an Australian man who called her on the phone!! CAN'T???? COULD THAT HAVE BEEN YOU? Sooooo you really do go on missions SPY 🕵️♂️😂😂

Over all I was not disappointed but would have liked to have seen more on the suffering and it being crucial for an extremely slow taper. It was mentioned but not stressed like I wanted it to be.

I'm going to re watch it with Rich tonight. I recorded it and watched it this morning. I'd like my kids to watch it too at least it would give them a better understanding of what I've gone through and continue to go through.

TTTTT ❤️

Trish,

I watched the Lisa Ling show last night. No recording it. I had Dan record her first show the Sunday of last week to get a feel for her and the way she does her show. Whenever I do that, I end up not ever watching the show. So last night, Dan went downstairs and watched NCIS Los Angeles on the tv there, while I watched  the tv upstairs.

I think it had way too many advertisements first of all. I watched the clock and after 10 minutes, there were about 4-5 minutes of ads.

It’s difficult to discuss this w/o giving away the entire show for those who haven’t seen it yet. Validation really didn’t come into this for me because I do know how difficult it is to get off these drugs. Nevertheless, for anyone that doesn’t know a thing about benzos, I’m sure they would have been upset and surprised about not only by that, but by how the show started.

Disjointed in that they showed extreme cases without anything “in between. “ Also, not just need for slow taper, but the ways of doing that. And as you say, extreme suffering for many.

That Krissy is the one from the Benzo Detox Recovery forum (defunct) where speaking on the phone was allowed. So getting a call from anyone on that forum was not unusual.

I don’t read those pamphlets either. They do vary by pharmacy, but as with many medications, it’s full of “bad stuff.”

This really is a subject that is best covered in a greater amount of time I think. But from reading this forum this morning, seems to have caught the eye of numerous benzo people as introductions sections is filling up quickly.

[/quote

Well I've watched it twice already and while it wasn't perfect it was enough for me to hear that wd is not easy with these drugs and the Stamford psychiatrist openly admitting that Dr's don't know how to get their patient's off these drugs and that it's not covered in medical school. I also liked that addiction wasn't used and dependence was. The last thing I wanted was for the public to think we who are on these drugs are a bunch of addicts which is so far from the truth. I liked krissy but I felt really wish a more extensive list of the sxs we suffer were mentioned. So there were things that I thought should have been discussed but I guess one hour or actually less than one hour bc of ads just isn't enough time to really uncover all the ugly truths about these drugs and the devastation they cause. Eh I guess we'll have to take what we can get..

Mary, or anyone,

Al

It’s on YouTube. You can go to Benzos in the News and thinkstopthink has put up a link to the YouTube video.

Or you can go to google and type in YouTube. Once on YouTube, in the search area type in “the Benzo Crisis Lisa Ling.”

Mary, or anyone,

Al

It’s on YouTube. You can go to Benzos in the News and thinkstopthink has put up a link to the YouTube video.

Or you can go to google and type in YouTube. Once on YouTube, in the search area type in “the Benzo Crisis Lisa Ling.”

Thanks III  :D

My daughter just watched it and she said omg mom how are you even alive. She said now she has better insight into what I was going through a year ago and since. She's blown away. I told her they only really scratched the surface but at least she's got an idea of what this has been like for me. So if so this show does is help my family to understand a little better then I'm grateful.

Hey everyone what's your thoughts on the Lisa Ling special? I cried in the very beginning. Two things I was hoping for was talked about. How difficult it is to get off these drugs and the lack of knowledge the medical professionals have on This class of drug. I also felt validated however some things talked about like reading the pamphlet of warnings that come with the medication.. Well I'm someone who has anxiety like most of us here and I personally avoid reading those pamphlets bc it increases my anxiety. I've actually been told NOT to read those by my Dr's!!! Unbelievable.. Also Lisa Ling should have been able to say definitively that wd from K was causing his sxs. That infuriated me. I liked that BB was on there and that there are no Drs here to help us just eachother to help us. I'm glad addiction was not mentioned and it dependence was. A woman from BB was on there and she received help with dlmt by an Australian man who called her on the phone!! CAN'T???? COULD THAT HAVE BEEN YOU? Sooooo you really do go on missions SPY 🕵️♂️😂😂

Over all I was not disappointed but would have liked to have seen more on the suffering and it being crucial for an extremely slow taper. It was mentioned but not stressed like I wanted it to be.

I'm going to re watch it with Rich tonight. I recorded it and watched it this morning. I'd like my kids to watch it too at least it would give them a better understanding of what I've gone through and continue to go through.

TTTTT ❤️

Trish,

I watched the Lisa Ling show last night. No recording it. I had Dan record her first show the Sunday of last week to get a feel for her and the way she does her show. Whenever I do that, I end up not ever watching the show. So last night, Dan went downstairs and watched NCIS Los Angeles on the tv there, while I watched  the tv upstairs.

I think it had way too many advertisements first of all. I watched the clock and after 10 minutes, there were about 4-5 minutes of ads.

It’s difficult to discuss this w/o giving away the entire show for those who haven’t seen it yet. Validation really didn’t come into this for me because I do know how difficult it is to get off these drugs. Nevertheless, for anyone that doesn’t know a thing about benzos, I’m sure they would have been upset and surprised about not only by that, but by how the show started.

Disjointed in that they showed extreme cases without anything “in between. “ Also, not just need for slow taper, but the ways of doing that. And as you say, extreme suffering for many.

That Krissy is the one from the Benzo Detox Recovery forum (defunct) where speaking on the phone was allowed. So getting a call from anyone on that forum was not unusual.

I don’t read those pamphlets either. They do vary by pharmacy, but as with many medications, it’s full of “bad stuff.”

This really is a subject that is best covered in a greater amount of time I think. But from reading this forum this morning, seems to have caught the eye of numerous benzo people as introductions sections is filling up quickly.

[/quote

Well I've watched it twice already and while it wasn't perfect it was enough for me to hear that wd is not easy with these drugs and the Stamford psychiatrist openly admitting that Dr's don't know how to get their patient's off these drugs and that it's not covered in medical school. I also liked that addiction wasn't used and dependence was. The last thing I wanted was for the public to think we who are on these drugs are a bunch of addicts which is so far from the truth. I liked krissy but I felt really wish a more extensive list of the sxs we suffer were mentioned. So there were things that I thought should have been discussed but I guess one hour or actually less than one hour bc of ads just isn't enough time to really uncover all the ugly truths about these drugs and the devastation they cause. Eh I guess we'll have to take what we can get..

I agree with you Trish. The subject is covered pretty well overall when one considers all the advertisements.

Unless you watch a movie on cable, a satellite dish, or at a movie theater, there will be advertisements.

I’ve been saying for years that Benzos are not covered in medical school. I’ve said it here before I think and may as well say it again.

Possible repeat  coming up: When I first wanted to cross over to clonazepam from alprazolam, I asked the head pharmacist at Shopco if they taught any classes at the University on Benzos, and he said that there was one class. But it was only for court ordered drug offenders to attend. So absolutely none for the pharmacy students or for the medical students. And this class wasn’t even about benzos. It was for people who had used all kinds of drugs (heroin, meth, cocaine, alcohol, opiates).

TTTTT ❤️

Trish,

[/quote

I agree with you Trish. The subject is covered pretty well overall when one considers all the advertisements.

Unless you watch a movie on cable, a satellite dish, or at a movie theater, there will be advertisements.

I’ve been saying for years that Benzos are not covered in medical school. I’ve said it here before I think and may as well say it again.

Possible repeat  coming up: When I first wanted to cross over to clonazepam from alprazolam, I asked the head pharmacist at Shopco if they taught any classes at the University on Benzos, and he said that there was one class. But it was only for court ordered drug offenders to attend. So absolutely none for the pharmacy students or for the medical students. And this class wasn’t even about benzos. It was for people who had used all kinds of drugs (heroin, meth, cocaine, alcohol, opiates).

It's absolutely infuriating to me that Drs can prescribe something they are not educated on. That should be grounds for malpractice. Prescribing their patients a drug they know little about is unthinkable to me yet it's done every day and we're living proof. I found out last summer when I was in the thick of wd and my Dr didn't seem to care and treated me like an addict. He thought I was trying to hold on to the drug when I was actually begging for help not begging to stay on that he knew nothing about wd and that's when my world really got scary bc if he knew nothing then that meant I was going to be treated like this with any Dr I approached for help with getting off. Thankfully I didn't have to search to far bc of my daughter in law. I think it's really just starting to hit me though on how incredibly wrong and negligent in my opinion that a Dr can prescribe a med they know little about.. Unbelievable 🤬

I am buying a bunch of copies for friends and family that I know really want to understand, and I am grateful I will have something, while isn't perfect will help.  I am already happy that several of the Introductions today, were actually people that weren't in tolerance, but because of this show, hopefully we are helping early enough they won't go through what most of us have.  I have tears in my eyes.

Mary  :'( happy and sad tears ......

Stut, I know you are taking a break, just incase you dropped in to read, just had to say, I love you woman and hope everyday you feel better.  You are my Queen, whom I cherish, Lady Mary 💚💚💚💚

Mary, or anyone,

Al

Thank you so very much, Intend!

I am watching it now.

[07...]