Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Regarding the Removed Threads Referencing Baylissa Frederick

[Co...]

I saw and heard her bully, shout at, laugh at and be abusive to extreme vulnerable ppl in the Q&A sessions.

She is great with ppl who are coping ok and doing what she thinks they should be. Those with extreme severe withdrawals soon find out she can turn on them.

She is also very self obsessed and was constant trying to get ppl to talk about her in the sessions.

We are all so dependent on such ppl for hope the power imbalance is huge.

It slows her to exploit ppl.

This never happened. I’ve seen almost every Q and A and nothing she has said even remotely resembles what you just described. It’s actually the complete opposite.

It absolutely did. I ended up having to comfort the ppl she was nasty to.

She shouted at me several times.

It was extremely abusive and bullying.

She laughed at and ridiculed one woman with terrible vagi all pain.

She shouted at someone who is a good friend of mine about her akathesia.

There were numerous examples of this.

On top of that she over a couple of years repeatedly shit down her business until ppl told her she was the angel she believes herself to be and then restarted it in a different firm causing extremely vulnerable ppl to go into free fall.

^^^^^ ... Would still love to see proof of your original claim here... 🤔

Mind though, a link to an episode of ‘Eastenders’ simply won’t do.

Just whenever...

She can't "prove" it anymore than JayTay could prove his original post that Baylissa responded too. She doesn't have to justify her opinion of what she observed and experienced, what kind of "proof" would you want? Do you think she saved it somehow? You are asking for the impossible. You can disagree as T1D did, but asking for proof is going to far. It is her opinion, based on her observations and experiences, just as JayTay's was. And the last sentence was a cheap shot and uncalled for. My opinion.

^^^^^ ... Dunno’, seemed rather apt to me.

Even after all that’s been said here, it seems nobody is learning anything.

These ‘claims’ in print here are all unfounded and with no proof of such whatsoever... it is called ‘defamation of character’, and potentially liabilis.

Do you have legal personal protection insurance?

If not... then just retract your ‘stuff’ and stop it.

I am trying to help you all here.

Let it go.

Are you seriously threatening legal action in an opinion based forum?

^^^^^ ... I didn’t do that... I’m not the one having my livelihood trashed here, I’ve no reason to sue anyone.

Also, just for the record... there is no such thing as an “opinion” that can’t be potentially liabilis.

They’re also not “opinions” here... they’re accusations... and they’re potentially subject to liabilis.

Like I’ve said before, this isn’t a game.

You are directly responsible for your print here... if it is deemed liabilis, then you are leaving yourself wide open to potential legal action against you.

That’s life... take it in.

And like I also said before... I’m trying to help you... ☺️

You’re clearly not ‘getting it’ though, but never mind.

The way you asked if she had “personal protection insurance” seems come across as a threat to sue especially since you keep referencing that.

Also..... “ Defamation is a False Statement of Fact, Not Opinion.

The most important aspect of a potentially defamatory statement is that it purports to be a statement of fact. Opinions are not defamatory.”

^^^^^ ... It wasn’t a “threat to sue”... it was nothing more than a simple yes/no enquiry intended to inject some common-sense into the proceedings here.

Forum members here are continuing to make unfounded accusations that are potentially “false statement of fact” towards someone else.

That is potentially liabilis.

I’m not going to sit here and debate this anymore.

How hard can it be... 🤷🏼‍♂️

Let it go.

Sure thing.  To me it seems as if you are just attempting to instill fear. But that’s my opinion based on my interpretation of your responses.

I saw and heard her bully, shout at, laugh at and be abusive to extreme vulnerable ppl in the Q&A sessions.

She is great with ppl who are coping ok and doing what she thinks they should be. Those with extreme severe withdrawals soon find out she can turn on them.

She is also very self obsessed and was constant trying to get ppl to talk about her in the sessions.

This never happened. I’ve seen almost every Q and A and nothing she has said even remotely resembles what you just described. It’s actually the complete opposite.

On top of that she over a couple of years repeatedly shit down her business until ppl told her she was the angel she believes herself to be and then restarted it in a different firm causing extremely vulnerable ppl to go into free fall.

Just whenever...

She can't "prove" it anymore than JayTay could prove his original post that Baylissa responded too. She doesn't have to justify her opinion of what she observed and experienced, what kind of "proof" would you want? Do you think she saved it somehow? You are asking for the impossible. You can disagree as T1D did, but asking for proof is going to far. It is her opinion, based on her observations and experiences, just as JayTay's was. And the last sentence was a cheap shot and uncalled for. My opinion.

These ‘claims’ in print here are all unfounded and with no proof of such whatsoever... it is called ‘defamation of character’, and potentially liabilis.

Let it go.

^^^^^ ... I didn’t do that... I’m not the one having my livelihood trashed here, I’ve no reason to sue anyone.

Also, just for the record... there is no such thing as an “opinion” that can’t be potentially liabilis.

They’re also not “opinions” here... they’re accusations... and they’re potentially subject to liabilis.

You are directly responsible for your print here... if it is deemed liabilis, then you are leaving yourself wide open to potential legal action against you.

The way you asked if she had “personal protection insurance” seems come across as a threat to sue especially since you keep referencing that.

The most important aspect of a potentially defamatory statement is that it purports to be a statement of fact. Opinions are not defamatory.”

^^^^^ ... It wasn’t a “threat to sue”... it was nothing more than a simple yes/no enquiry intended to inject some common-sense into the proceedings here.

Forum members here are continuing to make unfounded accusations that are potentially “false statement of fact” towards someone else.

Let it go.

Sure thing.  To me it seems as if you are just attempting to instill fear. But that’s my opinion based on my interpretation of your responses.

^^^^^ ... Such are the effects of ‘Benzodiazepine Withdrawal Syndrome’.

Trust me, I’m not “trying to instil fear”... I’m trying to positively guide and keep things safe.

Just whenever...

Let it go.

Let it go.

Trust me, I’m not “trying to instil fear”... I’m trying to guide and keep things safe.

Do you have approved documentation by licensed health professionals about your claim on benzodiazepine withdrawal syndrome effecting my interpretation of that? 

Just whenever...

Let it go.

Let it go.

Trust me, I’m not “trying to instil fear”... I’m trying to guide and keep things safe.

Do you have approved documentation by licensed health professionals about your claim on benzodiazepine withdrawal syndrome effecting my interpretation of that?

^^^^^ ... Hahaha, very good... 😅

No, I don’t... but it is what it does... 💯

You’re forgetting I was once ‘in it’... or perhaps you didn’t read my signature, I don’t know that part for sure either... ☺️

Will there be anything else?

Just whenever...

Let it go.

Let it go.

You’re forgetting I was once ‘in it’... or perhaps you didn’t read my signature, I don’t know that part for sure either... ☺️

I’m glad my response made you chuckle. I’m sure that chuckle was well needed. 😊

Just whenever...

Let it go.

Let it go.

I’m glad my response made you chuckle. I’m sure that chuckle was well needed. 😊

^^^^^ ... Indeed... in the right context, dry humour can be really healthy... 👍🏻

I can access it just fine, but it may be because it's stored in my cache. Tried to save it, but it shows it's locked.

Jeff, I was able to create an MP3 file, but the only way to get it to you is through email. If you are like me, you have more than one email account, one primary, the others secondary. If you are comfortable with PM'ing me a secondary email account (If you don't have one, create one at Google or Yahoo), I can send you the MP3 file. I may not be team Baylissa, but I understand you have a genuine interest in what was said. I'll leave it up to you if you want the MP3 file. I'm doing this because the replies to the video have been respectful ones. And I respect Baylissas right and choice, though I don't agree with it.

I tried it again a few hours later and it played.  Thanks anyway for your kind offer Lottie. 

Colin, it would appear you are far more invested in being right than doing the right thing!

The right thing being to pursue and engage a former client on a peer-support discussion board because I do not agree with what was written about me?

This discussion is only taking place because of Frederick's actions. The 'right thing' would have been for Frederick to contact her former client privately about this matter. It is no good behaving this way and then crying about when it blows up (as it inevitably would - and is why we would not have allowed her to do this if she had been transparent in reasons for joining BB).

I've already stated I'm not defending her actions there, but I am compassionate enough to understand why somebody might be led to do this. 

The point I have been trying to make is by vilifying her in this way you have now succeeded in pushing her too far and losing the benzo community a vital resource.  I just cannot understand why you are making such an issue out of one action in comparison to the colossal good she has done.  Are you completely unaware of this?  I'm not saying Baylissa should be free from accountability in any of this but she didn't warrant this smear campaign.

I have tried to appeal to your better nature but keep the bone if it makes you feel better, I'll leave it with you and your conscience.  There will be casualties as a result of this, it's a sad day for the benzo community!

[ee...]
I find this entire recent escapade to be an enigma.  With her upcoming book announcement and request for 5,000 instagram followers (FB - 27March), I honestly find myself wondering if this was all a publicity stunt gone bad.  However, my judgment may be compromised since this same trusted psychotherapy professional labelled me along with all forum members (except Colin) as being dysregulated emotionally (seriously???).

[ee...]

Released just over twenty minutes ago.

Bullying is not ok...

https://youtu.be/Ld9WAek4hxs

I can't get this video to play.  It says it's a private video, whatever that means.  How can I access it?  What's in it? 

Thanks,

Jeff

I can access it just fine, but it may be because it's stored in my cache. Tried to save it, but it shows it's locked.

Jeff, I was able to create an MP3 file, but the only way to get it to you is through email. If you are like me, you have more than one email account, one primary, the others secondary. If you are comfortable with PM'ing me a secondary email account (If you don't have one, create one at Google or Yahoo), I can send you the MP3 file. I may not be team Baylissa, but I understand you have a genuine interest in what was said. I'll leave it up to you if you want the MP3 file. I'm doing this because the replies to the video have been respectful ones. And I respect Baylissas right and choice, though I don't agree with it.

The distribution of that MP3 probably violates copyright law.  Giving your email address definitely violates our rules.

I find this entire recent escapade to be an enigma.  With her upcoming book announcement and request for 5,000 instagram followers (FB - 27March), I honestly find myself wondering if this was all a publicity stunt gone bad.  However, my judgment may be compromised since this same trusted psychotherapy professional labelled me along with all forum members (except Colin) as being dysregulated emotionally (seriously???).

Talk about fuelling the fire, the 'professionalism' of this team is staggering :o

:o  :o  :o

Bullying is not ok...

I can't get this video to play.  It says it's a private video, whatever that means.  How can I access it?  What's in it? 

Thanks,

Jeff

The distribution of that MP3 probably violates copyright law.  Giving your email address definitely violates our rules.

Noted. Jeff was able to access it anyway.

Talk about fuelling the fire, the 'professionalism' of this team is staggering :o

We are not 'professionals'. We are volunteers running a free discussion board. I think you will find that it is Frederick who is the 'professional'. Neither do I seek donations, nor accept them when offered.

I have not uploaded videos on this matter, nor have I gone to Facebook, etc., to confront Frederick. What I have done is react, here, to a situation created here at this forum by Frederick. Why do Frederick's defenders demand professionalism from volunteers at a discussion board, but not a counsellor/psychotherapist who has confronted her former client on multiple social media platforms? And, in the case of this particular platform, directly, and in public within the thread he started here.

We are not 'professionals'. We are volunteers running a free discussion board. I think you will find that it is Frederick who is the 'professional'. Neither do I seek donations, nor accept them when offered.

I have not uploaded videos on this matter, nor have I gone to Facebook, etc., to confront Frederick. What I have done is react, here, to a situation created here at this forum by Frederick. Why do Frederick's defenders demand professionalism from volunteers at a discussion board, but not a counsellor/psychotherapist who has confronted her former client on multiple social media platforms? And, in the case of this particular platform, directly, and in public within the thread he started here.

I’m curious as to why you didn’t bring your criticisms to her directly and ask her yourself?  A lot of things are rubbing me the wrong way on both sides of this argument and I’d like to ask Baylissa myself her side of the story but she’s distancing herself for now. I feel bad for her but don’t agree with everything she’s saying. I can’t say that I really “know” her outside of the sessions I’ve had but I do know that she’s been nothing but kind and supportive to me.

Apparently everyone who feels they don’t personally need her assistance is emotionally dysregulted. Not all forum members, just the ones she feels is bullying her. Let’s get the facts straight here. 😂 .  I’ve never consulted with her so I’m pretty sure she can’t diagnose people she’s never consulted with. But I do agree, something is definitely off here.

I’m curious as to why you didn’t bring your criticisms to her directly and ask her yourself?  A lot of things are rubbing me the wrong way on both sides of this argument and I’d like to ask Baylissa myself her side of the story but she’s distancing herself for now. I feel bad for her but don’t agree with everything she’s saying. I can’t say that I really “know” her outside of the sessions I’ve had but I do know that she’s been nothing but kind and supportive to me.

Frederick's comments were in public, at this forum. I responded, in public, at this forum. I think the manner and avenue for my response was entirely reasonable in the circumstances.

Clearly, but you have a certain degree of responsibility when dealing with people of such a vulnerable nature, this is not the type of behaviour I would expect to see on a support forum from the admins, even a free one, maybe I am expecting too much.

I am not here to defend Baylissa, I am trying to defend the poor souls in the benzo community who have next to no resources and now have one less due to what has been allowed here, it appears you have zero regard for them or the fallout of this.

Can you not put your ego to one side for a second and realise this, I'm not interested in who is most right or wrong between you and Baylissa, all I know is because of your refusal to pull this smear campaign from your board people suffering the hell of benzo withdrawal have now lost a lifeline. You had a member on this thread literally begging you to do this! What are your gains here?  The loss for many of your members will be huge.  Maybe your need to be right trumps their need for support?

Bullying is not ok...

Thanks,

Jeff

I've stopped at this thread for a moment. Why are you trying to download the video from YouTube? How can you do that anyway?

I've seen you over and over on this thread yet, you do not have any experience with Baylissa nor are you with JayTay. What are you doing?

Clearly, but you have a certain degree of responsibility when dealing with people of such a vulnerable nature, this is not the type of behaviour I would expect to see on a support forum from the admins, even a free one, maybe I am expecting too much.

I am not here to defend Baylissa, I am trying to defend the poor souls in the benzo community who have next to no resources and now have one less due to what has been allowed here, it appears you have zero regard for them or the fallout of this.

Can you not put your ego to one side for a second and realise this, I'm not interested in who is most right or wrong between you and Baylissa, all I know is because of your refusal to pull this smear campaign from your board people suffering the hell of benzo withdrawal have now lost a lifeline. You had a member on this thread literally begging you to do this! What are your gains here?  The loss for many of your members will be huge.  Maybe your need to be right trumps their need for support?

Seriously!? What 'smear campaign'? I have not posted videos at Youtube or comments at Facebook about this. Neither has our team, nor surrogates on our behalf.

Apparently everyone who feels they don’t personally need her assistance is emotionally dysregulted. Not all forum members, just the ones she feels is bullying her. Let’s get the facts straight here. 😂 .  I’ve never consulted with her so I’m pretty sure she can’t diagnose people she’s never consulted with. But I do agree, something is definitely off here.

[move]Yes, it’s all a big conspiracy... 👻[/move]

Seriously!? What 'smear campaign'? I have not posted videos at Youtube or comments at Facebook about this. Neither has our team, nor surrogates on our behalf.

Seriously? Are you going to ignore everything else in my post and just choose the part you are comfortable arguing with?  Your actions here will have huge implications and I credit you with enough intelligence to know this.  I'll leave it there, I can see this is futile.

Do you feel threatened by the videos or comments? Is that why you allow this to continue? I'm am asking sincerely.

My feelings about the fiasco aside, I hear hopefulinhell loud and clear and agree with every word.

[move]Yes, it’s all a big conspiracy... 👻[/move]

😂😂😂

[7e...]