Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Almost 11 Months off. Wanting to try caffeine again

[le...]

Hello BB  :)

I`m almost 11 months off now and made alot of progress in the mental department. Feeling more clear and myself again. I still struggle with a restlessness feeling in my legs and arms with which I can deal way better now then when I first got it. I`m also in the progress of stopping the low dose of seroquel(50mg)which I took during and post withdrawal to calm me down a bit. I think that the restlessness feeling might even come from the seroquel as all other symtoms have past since. I`m especially greatful that my mind is at ease again.

I was wondering if any of you started to try out stuff that is sort of tabu during withdrawal after some time after the withdrawal. I was thinking of trying some caffeine again as I continued studying this september and feeling pretty tired sometimes. I also havent tried any alcohol and I probably wont for a long time.

Lemlon

When I'm completely healed I want to start using Adderal again. For me to meet this goal I have simply started off with really weak coffee. At the start, it made me dizzy and gave me small anxiety, but now I can drink it without a problem.

If I was you, I would take maybe 1/10 of a cup and add milk or water to the rest of the 9/10 parts. This sounds a bit extreme, but you always hear about people going right back into withdrawal just because of the tiniest amount of alcohol, coffee, nicotine, etc. Then you get a feel and you can start adding on. Good luck!

I'm in month 8...I am able to have like a half cup of coffee again but no sugar or cream in it. There was no way I could have done that months ago bc my cortisol and stuff was waaaay out of wack, and anxiety was such an issue. So I can have it only late morning...just seems to be when I tolerate it best.

I find it helps with the stupid cog fog we get. Plus it makes me feel good to have something"normal" back in my life again! But if I'm in the depth of a wave I prob avoid it bc it doesn't help.

Maybe start with a sip or two and see how you feel? If not, wait a few months and try again? Just go slow  ;)

Hey thank you for the replies. I decided to wait a little longer as I'm still in the process of getting rid of the last bit of seroquel. I think I need to keep listening to my body and not getting impatient with myself. It feels great to have some sense of normality back, and that makes me eager for more but I think its important that I still stay patient as I still experience some symtoms of restless especially physical restlessness and anxiety but in a way more normal level then during withdrawal.

Its great to hear that you guys are able to use coffee and feel overall better with the cortisol lvls etc. I think the reason my mind is more at ease might also have alot to do with crotisol, but I never had it tested.  I will use your method once I start using coffee again

Greetings

Lemlon

Hello BB  :)

I`m almost 11 months off now and made alot of progress in the mental department. Feeling more clear and myself again. I still struggle with a restlessness feeling in my legs and arms with which I can deal way better now then when I first got it. I`m also in the progress of stopping the low dose of seroquel(50mg)which I took during and post withdrawal to calm me down a bit. I think that the restlessness feeling might even come from the seroquel as all other symtoms have past since. I`m especially greatful that my mind is at ease again.

I was wondering if any of you started to try out stuff that is sort of tabu during withdrawal after some time after the withdrawal. I was thinking of trying some caffeine again as I continued studying this september and feeling pretty tired sometimes. I also havent tried any alcohol and I probably wont for a long time.

Lemlon

Here’s my thought: caffeine is a drug and if you’ve got by this long without it then why start it again? Same with alcohol. I just drink water now and I think my body appreciates it.

Best,

G