Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Who was still getting worse at almost 4 months off ?

[Be...]

Things are still very rough for a lot of people at four months and beyond, I'm sorry to say.  You're not alone.  I was in tough shape at four months too.  It varies a lot but this process takes a lot longer than anyone would have wanted.  It's easy to get discouraged.  I've been there too. In fact, as our brain heals in withdrawal it fires off discouraging fear filled messages like "I'll never get better".  Feeling this way is practically a hallmark of benzo withdrawal and its brutal. 

Have you read this piece? - it can really help you distance from those discouraging messages:  What's happening inside your brain

One of the best pieces of advice I have for you is to try to engage yourself in distracting activities - it helps shift your focus away from your symptoms and helps nurture more well being.

And don't forget to read Success Stories where you'll read about others who went through a miserable time in withdrawal and went on to recovery.

Stay strong - ups can do this!

My fourth month was horrific with lots of symptoms!  Fifth month was better, and now at 6 1/2 months, I am in and out of windows and waves.  Today is a bad wave so just hunkered down to wait it out.  Here's to all of us entering a huge window and never having it close :smitten:

Hi Tweed.  Nothing better yet?  I am in a bad wave right now, maybe from a hot dog and sweet I ate yesterday?  I feel like the benzo flu has come to visit, and I have bad, burning head pain.  Waiting for my neurologist to call to discuss any other tests to be done..doubt it, but worth a discussion.  Are you heading off to bed now?

Almost 4 months off and I’m still getting worse each day. Who was still getting worse at almost 4 months off?

This is not abnormal. Months 4-8 were the worst for me. You wouldn’t expect that would you so it makes it’s hard to accept, but accept it you must. If you are living healthily then you are on the road to recovery so hang on in there.

I was a basket case at 4 months.  I'm still not out of the woods at 20 months, but I'm improving. 

Not wanting to disappoint you BNM0, just wanting to let you to know this is not unusual. 

Dee x

I am back into the good old benzo flu this morning :tickedoff: I seem to get this quite often......anyone else suffer with this?  This 6 1/2 month anniversary is turning out to be pretty nasty....been sickish for at least two weeks.  Hope your day begins better than mine :smitten: