Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Another “heady” subject

[Ga...]

Curiosity has reared its ugly head once again as to why so many seem to be hit so hard with head symptoms?  I have educated my GP and he now understands what I have been trying to describe to him for a year and a half:  burning at the top of the head, band around the head, buzzing in the top of the head, strange sensations in the head.  Who has totally recovered from this horrific symptom???  Other symptoms at six and one half months withdrawal from Valium are:  benzo flu once in a while, minor GI issues, and lower back ache.  I seem to be progressing, so if the old noggin would just calm down, I would be “headed” in the right direction.  How is everyone :smitten:

"Headed in the right direction", I can see you're still sharp witted even though your noggin is giving you problems.  :laugh: 

I didn't suffer from head issues, isn't it strange how we all share this journey but our paths are so different?  I have to hope one day you'll write your success story and be able to tell those who follow you that you recovered from your horrific symptoms, I look forward to that day.  :smitten:

Welcome words from you, Pamster.  Yes, it is amazing to me (and my husband, and my GP, and my son) that the myriad of symptoms experienced by we benzo buddies, some of which seem to stand out from the crowd, are mentioned over and over:  head, GI, muscle, and insomnia.....and, of course, the momma of them all Anxiety :tickedoff:  I am really pleased to see the new black box warning given to benzodiazepines by the FDA a couple of weeks ago (I sent a copy of the article to my GP right off).  Looking out my window at a beautiful Japanese Maple in the waning sunlight gives me such joy and hope for my future, and for all the others who are looking to their own healing.  “Heading” off to the weekend with a bounce in my step and a song in my heart.....I hope you are, too :smitten: