Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Dissociative seizures trigger warning

[73...]

[73...]

Has anyone get these? I have never had dissociation (DR DP identity issues) before benzo. And now my doctor says I have seizures bc of dissociation. I start to stare on nothing I can hear but not talk. I lose self. Start feel very depressed and get strange feelings in stomach get deja vu. I lose all connection with self and things around me. This last a few minutes. During this time a loud noise build up in my brain and passes like a wave. I am gonna do a second EEG 28 october. First in january was abnormal but not epileptic seizures shown. My doctor say dissociative seizures wont show up on EEG.

Anyone else get episodes like this? It dont feels like DP...But can also be that I dissociate really intense?

I had them for around 5 months after a ct.

I was scared to death at first and thought they were real epeleptical seizures. Mine looked wild since I shook uncontrollable for up to one hour every time. I realized quickly that what was happening wasn't dangerous though and I felt better every time the seizure was over (until new energy would build up again). If I forced myself really hard I was able to stop the attacks but then I would feel worse, as if something wasn't allowed to come to an end and instead was stucked in my body. I never took a pill or anything else to stop or prevent them. I just knew they had to happen in order to stop one day. The dissociation got better with each seizure.

These seizures are a very very scary symptom but really, if they are not epileptical ones, tgere is nothing to worry about. It's a way of oir bodies to heal themselves.

[73...]

I was scared to death at first and thought they were real epeleptical seizures. Mine looked wild since I shook uncontrollable for up to one hour every time. I realized quickly that what was happening wasn't dangerous though and I felt better every time the seizure was over (until new energy would build up again). If I forced myself really hard I was able to stop the attacks but then I would feel worse, as if something wasn't allowed to come to an end and instead was stucked in my body. I never took a pill or anything else to stop or prevent them. I just knew they had to happen in order to stop one day. The dissociation got better with each seizure.

These seizures are a very very scary symptom but really, if they are not epileptical ones, tgere is nothing to worry about. It's a way of oir bodies to heal themselves.

Yes I stop dissociate after this building up in my brain. Its like it is a break and a reboot in the brain. I feel better after a few hours. Has a doctor said it is dissociative seizures? I know no meds will help for it. I  get really intense inner vibrations and I lose it I am there but I freeze like paralysed...

I believe various forms  of psychotherapy are the first line treatments for dissociative seizures.

I know this because some idiot shrinks involved with ME/CFS research recently did a study on CBR fir dissociative seizures that returned a null funding the write up of which says:

CBT does not reduce the frequency of dissociative seizures... I believe that CBT is effective for dissociative seizures’...

I sent it to David Tuller  (health journalist at Berkeley) who writes on all the bad science around CBT fur physical illnesses.

https://www.virology.ws/2020/06/23/trial-by-error-more-questions-about-codes-trial-of-cbt-for-seizures/

Yes I stop dissociate after this building up in my brain. Its like it is a break and a reboot in the brain. I feel better after a few hours. Has a doctor said it is dissociative seizures? I know no meds will help for it. I  get really intense inner vibrations and I lose it I am there but I freeze like paralysed...

I took a video when I was having a seizure and showed it to my doctor. If you feel better a while after a seizure happens that's a good thing. I never did any kimd of talk therapy because of the seizures. I just let them happen and trusted my body that it would find its way out. And it did.

I, too, would feel some massive energy building up in my brain every time before it started and I was sooo cold all the times. I also did very strange movements with my arms and legs. The bodys way out of a shock. It will go by. Stay strong.

Just wanted add Sundance that I had the "staring at nothing" thing as well.  Just couldn't seem to move, do things.  It did not produce dissociative seizures" though, didn't know such a thing existed. 

It's nowhere near as bad now and am actually able to get up and move around, do things. 

It was bad enough being frozen in space, let alone having seizure.  Again, I am so sorry.