Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Arrived at 0.50mg of Valium. I need a plan to jump.

[fu...]

Hey all,

I need some help planning my taper. I reached 0.50mg of V 14 days ago and I feel like the peak of the effect of the cut has passed. Things are very manageable IF I administrate my routine well as well as respect my own time. I say this because generally during the weekends I can almost be normal lol generally without any need to get a long pause as I need during the week. The thing is: I work with IT and I need some focus for programming and I also need to do well in work meetings. The second one is the hard part if the day is rushy and too much meetings were scheduled: if I think 'too much' for like 2 hours I feel like I am overheating and I NEED to take a pause not thinking/meditating/relaxing or generally if I ignore this feeling and keep working I will have some nasty and scary symptoms that seems like serious shit.

That being said, I have 22 more days until my 30 day vacation and I am wondering if I should use this situation to jump off Valium.

I am considering cutting to .25mg for maybe 2 weeks and jumping off V. I am actually over the fence about some stuff regarding this. Some people say that there are no benefits of tapering when under .50mg and that you are only prolonging the suffering, some people recommend tapering to fumes for a more gentle jump, some report an awful time even with the fumes strategy.

I don't know if there is a better time to try this as I want to be off this med asap to start recovery and maybe try some supplements I have without interaction from the med.

Point is that when I am not working, it's unnusual to have tough symptoms and I am thinking that 30 days not needing to work might be a good opportunity to chill and manage something that it would be hard to if working.

It's also important for me to be stable after the vacation as I will be involved in some projects that will be important to my career, but it might happen in my own time as my manager do know about my benzo situation and I have some support regarding doing stuff in my time.

I also kept the 'big guns' to use after the jump: I have Magnesium (Glycinate) and L-theanine + Inositol that I didn't took and the bottles are still closed. I also have CBD oil.

What do you think? Is going from .50mg to .25mg and then jumping too aggressive or manageable?

[8d...]
Congratulations on getting to 0.5!  It's always a challenge to figure out the jump strategy.  I like the idea of really easing out of the taper.  Consider .5, .4, .3, .2, .1 and maybe even 0.05.

I don't know if there is a better time to try this as I want to be off this med asap to start recovery and maybe try some supplements I have without interaction from the med.

I also kept the 'big guns' to use after the jump: I have Magnesium (Glycinate) and L-theanine + Inositol that I didn't took and the bottles are still closed. I also have CBD oil.

I just want to make you aware that the issue many members have with taking and reacting poorly to supplements such as these isn't because of interaction with the medication, it's because our central nervous system is so incredibly sensitized we don't react in ways that would be typical for us.  Please use the search function on the Alternative Therapies & Supplements board to find what others have experienced, I would hate to see you have a setback so soon after finishing your taper.  You wouldn't know if it's part of benzodiazepine withdrawal or reactions to the supplements.

Some people say that there are no benefits of tapering when under .50mg and that you are only prolonging the suffering, some people recommend tapering to fumes for a more gentle jump, some report an awful time even with the fumes strategy.

You bring up some very good points, however what you'll find is that no matter how low most go in dose, the one thing they have in common are the post withdrawal symptoms that continue well after the last dose.  You can find how one member described this timeline and see many agreeing with it.

Four Phases of Withdrawal-Where Are You?

I can see how using your vacation time for the most acute part of your jump would be a good idea because stress is a huge factor in promoting increased symptoms so whatever you decide to do, whether its to keep tapering or calling it quits, I just wanted to make sure you're fully informed while making your decision.

• 2 weeks later...

I am in the same boat !

On 0.5 V now and can’t decide to jump? One group everyone says jump ! This group take it to fumes. My main WD Sx is pain

I have a 6 year old so must work and function

Had a long slow taper from 3mg but from 20mg really in 2.3 years

Have you jumped ? Or waiting till your holiday?

badsocref and Pamster, sorry for the long delay. I've posted also in the countdown thread 'Under 3mg...' and got some feedback regarding the regimen. I decided to take a more conservative approach as I am having some meetings this month that I better be stable to participate. So, at October/06 I went from .5 to .4. I intend to do a new cut by wednesday, but I am not sure if I should keep this pace.

Sx are manageable as long as I do proper pauses at work but I had to take a break with my usual coffee intake, mainly due to gut issues/benzo belly I guess.

Pamster, when would be a good time to try one of these supplements? Is it better to try now just to check my reaction, or quiting even these supplements can be a pain? I was thinking about trying Magnesium due to it's calming effects and also for being a good alternative for headaches and stomach issues. I am over the fence if I should try any of them now or after the jump.

Thank you so much for the attention and providing these sources of info for my own good.

Hey, Oceandude.

As I said in my previous post, I am still over the fence. Had a cut 12 days ago to .4mg and sx are manageable when taking proper care of myself. But I wonder if I should have a quicker taper. What I am afraid is that even after a slow taper one might experience an awful time after jumping so I want to make sure that after jumping or after my vacation I will have a gentle and easy time regarding the sx.

People at a reddit thread told me to jump, it seems more rare to find people lowering the dose to fumes there. Here people take a more conservative approach but the stories seem to point that this is a easier way. TBH I am in a dilemma if I should have a cut to .2mg and then 0mg or then the .3, .2, .1, .05mg strategy.

Decisions, decisions...

badsocref and Pamster, sorry for the long delay. I've posted also in the countdown thread 'Under 3mg...' and got some feedback regarding the regimen. I decided to take a more conservative approach as I am having some meetings this month that I better be stable to participate. So, at October/06 I went from .5 to .4. I intend to do a new cut by wednesday, but I am not sure if I should keep this pace.

Sx are manageable as long as I do proper pauses at work but I had to take a break with my usual coffee intake, mainly due to gut issues/benzo belly I guess.

Pamster, when would be a good time to try one of these supplements? Is it better to try now just to check my reaction, or quiting even these supplements can be a pain? I was thinking about trying Magnesium due to it's calming effects and also for being a good alternative for headaches and stomach issues. I am over the fence if I should try any of them now or after the jump.

Thank you so much for the attention and providing these sources of info for my own good.

I can't offer any suggestions concerning supplements, I didn't use them and have read too many horror stories here to recommend them.  To me, they don't seem like they're worth the risk but I know some people swear by them.

Hey full of determination!

Ok I feel you.

I’m petrified atm of jumping as I have to function.

I may follow suit !

Just hit 0.5 so going to hold a week then taper again. Unless pained get worse then I may just jump as I actually believe it’s paradoxically causeing pain staying on. As everyone is different and jump doses also it’s so hard to decide?! I know some that jumped at 0.5 and felt better quite quickly and some that did not 🤦‍♂️ I have tapered long enough! Maybe to long. But same as you ! Must function. Keep me posted buddy!!!

How feasible is it to take Valium every other day then every other day, so on and so forth staying within the half life window when your down to this dose? Good luck all who are jumping!

Heh Case study

Pointless I think

Even at this dose it’s just keeping dependency going. Of course you can go lower but Do what works for you ! Soon as I’m comfy (may taper more) at 0.5 but may go to 0.25 then jump, but  I will just jump

[8d...]

How feasible is it to take Valium every other day then every other day, so on and so forth staying within the half life window when your down to this dose? Good luck all who are jumping!

The half-life of valium is so long that it's probably not that bad of an approach to dose every other day.  You'd obviously have more medicine in you on dosing days, but the following day would see only about a 10% drop (depending on your metabolism rate).  However, the approach breaks down when you try to dose every three days then every four days (etcetera).  The variation from day 1 to day 3 becomes pretty substantial.  Even more if you only dose every 4th or every 5th day.  It's simply better to dose the same each day.

0.5v or lower..??

“Some do some dont”.. -But which will suit YOU best is the question.. Ones own past history is about all we have to go on... I personally wouldnt expect a radical change in situation simply because the numbers have changed for the better...

It seems quite common for sx to “appear” paradoxical at low dose, and if very low doses (ie 0.25v) have little “effect”, I would suggest they probably have little to do with keeping physical dependancy alive either.. -Perhaps psychological though..??

Re. Bads half life thoughts.. I did find the long half life meant 1/8 (0.25) pill splits didnt have to be that accurate.. -But thats just me..

Skipping multiple days is a bit more complex and individual, so I dont often promote it despite having some experience in the matter..

Just some thoughts for whoeva may be pondering the jump question..

Food for thought.. “most” people in the world would probably hardly notice a jump from 2v (from a standard situation)..  -not being provocative, just a realist..

Again, where do YOU fit in the “most people” spectrum, thats the question..

:)