Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Had brief window yesterday now feel worse than ever

[le...]

Need some advice. Had brief window for few hours last night went out for a meal  and actually felt quite happy for few hours first time in over 20 months and slept OK. Woke up this morning now feel worse than ever is this normal. Been doing exposure therapy for the withdrawal induced OCD this week have read makes you feel worse before it gets better. Just feel I need to put in some of the  work myself rather than just "waiting" to improve as after 20 months no change and I don't want to reinstate. Is this normal in Windows & waves need bit hope things  will improve.

I think the fact you had a window is great news, it means you're healing and you should focus on that, and not the wave you're in now. It's horrible when you wake up back to hell, so disheartening. The waves will probably continue to vary in severity for a while, BUT WINDOWS!! You're on the right track

Yes, it's all perfectly normal. You need to toughen up mentally as the switching from windows to waves is known to be one hell of a roller coaster. On the plus side, experiencing a window, even though a short one, if a good sign.

SG

Need some advice. Had brief window for few hours last night went out for a meal  and actually felt quite happy for few hours first time in over 20 months and slept OK. Woke up this morning now feel worse than ever is this normal. Been doing exposure therapy for the withdrawal induced OCD this week have read makes you feel worse before it gets better. Just feel I need to put in some of the  work myself rather than just "waiting" to improve as after 20 months no change and I don't want to reinstate. Is this normal in Windows & waves need bit hope things  will improve.

Wow Lean you have started the journey now to the good side...

Thanks guys have calmed down a bit from this morning. Just very tough doing the exposure therapy stuff then to be shut down in flames again. My symptoms all mental which makes it even tougher when you get a bad wave. Least I now know Windows do exist was beginning to doubt I would ever experience one! One thing have decided no matter what I'm not going to reinstate.