Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

sinus issues gagging/choking sensation

[qw...]

Anyone have issues with nasal cavity/sinus and or throat area?

I get inordinate amounts of mucus production (really thick and not discharging) and sore throat, sometimes to the point of gag reflex or a feeling of choking.

I'm being treated for an infection with antibiotics now but I don't think it's helping.

This seems to be a very persistent SX for me (if it is one at all)

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Anyone have issues with nasal cavity/sinus and or throat area?

I get inordinate amounts of mucus production (really thick and not discharging) and sore throat, sometimes to the point of gag reflex or a feeling of choking.

I'm being treated for an infection with antibiotics now but I don't think it's helping.

This seems to be a very persistent SX for me (if it is one at all)

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Yes..!!  Its pretty common, esp with the symptoms that follow the shake up of large or too fast cutting/change.. (sorry, I didnt check your history, except sig, Im being very general)..

Some will fall under “benzo flu” (general and typical in various discontinuations), but we can have personal upper respiratory aspects that perhaps dominate or deviate..

For me, chronic sinus congestion kept showing up in scans for years and Something gave me an odd waxy discharge in one ear..

With throat infections and such, I would suggest first swabbing for a culture.. My Dr does this due to a splenectomy, and the results were very unexpected.. It saved me from antibiotics several times, and interestingly, when I had very mild infection symptoms (often chest) I was actually very sick indeed going by my pathology...!!??

I also have trouble with the breathe/swallow combination.. Sure I could drown while drinking sometimes..

Lol, we usually get it kinda worked out by the time were near done.. -but the guessing keeps us occupied... :(

Yes I have these same symptoms , they drive me absolutely crazy, it's been going on for 7 months now since I had my antibiotics setback, huge amounts of mucus, lots of sinus issues, sore throats that come and go, cough too..ughhh I hate this.. I cant take any more antibiotics or any other meds so I'm just trying all the natural home remedies..

It's called Silent Gerd. Excessive saliva and feeling like you have a lump in your throat. I had it for about 6 months. It will go away. Itis one of those crazy benzo withdrawal symptoms.

Me too, querty.  Nasal, post nasal drip, mucus, flu like symptoms, weird.  It's stopped for me now at 20 months. 

DID I SAY 20 MONTHS!  :D

We are the champions! 

Keep going everyone, it does start to get better. 

But 20 months, that's cruel.  Still not 100% but getting there.

Dee

:smitten: