Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Stuck at 15 mg Klonopin can't go any lower

[fi...]

Three weeks ago I tried to go from 15 mg of valium to 12.5 and my breathing started to become really shallow and now it's very hard to leave the house. It's like I'm been breathing through a straw for three weeks. I've been back at 15 mg for three weeks and the breathing still seems to be getting worse. I've been to the emergency room twice and both times they said nothing is wrong. Not sure what to do. My primary care doctor is not concerned, I've asked if I could switch to a different antidepressant and he doesn't want me to. Is it possible that the valium just isn't working any more and I need to switch back to Klonopin?

I had this issue when i cut from 7 to 6.5 then i updosed and the issue breathing issues was still the  personally i think its the klonopin withdrawal more then the valium the thing about valium from my experience is that to reach its full effect takes time its not klonopin its a different drug same family but the effect is much more subtle i am 5 mounth after my cut and i updosed to 7.5 and things are well improving but at a slow rate my advice to you stay on Diazepam dont get near klonopin in the long run its a better choice

Good luck