Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

When to jump ???? Opinions and what did you do???

[Oc...]

Vallium!! What’s everyone’s view on jump dose ? Ashton says 0.5 and lower such as 0.25  is prolonging it ? I’m aware it’s old and should actually be re written. But what’s the truth ? Anyone here jumped at 0.5 and doing well ? I’m in such a bad way now physically and 0.5 is a reachable goal for sure now at 0.6

Thoughts and experiences please

I think what I'd do is get to 0.5mg, stabilise on that, then jump. I can understand the decision to microtaper right to zero and step off. I was doing cut and hold so it didn't really occur to me. I went from 0.5mg to 0.25mg and made the decision to jump shortly after because I didn't feel any different. I am happy with my decision. I could have jumped at 0.5mg, I am sure, hence my suggestion. I think it's fine to taper a little longer than is strictly necessary. The peace of mind is worth it for some.

Thanks 🙏🏻 I’m in so much physical pain, mentally I’m stable so I wonder why carry on ? Will jumping at 0.25/0.5 be such a difference or just jump at 0.5

Seems logical?

I wondered as I see so many taper to .01 ish

Have you been the same (roughly) for a little while now? We sort of need to understand our individual meaning of "stable". For me, I guess it was when my sleep was only bad instead of very bad and when things like head pressure were at a minimum. I can't explain it so easily but I knew what I was looking for. So if you're used to these physical symptoms and feeling pretty good psychologically, it could be the right time for you to jump soon. However, if you're hanging on by the skin of your teeth and it hasn't been much better than this, I suggest you take the opportunity while you can to just pause for a wee short while and see if your nervous system can catch up a little. It may make it easier when you jump and could help you avoid a little setback. I'm crestfallen when I see people taper to zero and reinstate when it's almost for certain that if they'd have took it steadier, they'd get off them.

The on anxiety but quite stable for where I’m at. I’m scared but that’s natural. It’s Been a thorn in my side as the pain is worse and worse the lower I go. 2.5 year taper. Of course it will be a week or two to get to 0.5 and I will hold a little longer, but is my body screaming with withdrawals or withdrawals tolerance dependence ie will just worsen whilst on. Pre 2.5 physically I was good

I was kindiled once as I CT for six weeks at 1mg K before my taper Started two years ago

It sounds like your withdrawals are catching up to you. It's normal, unpleasant but a part of the road to healing. When I tapered Ambien, as I got down to the last few mgs, it hit me hard & remained until I jumped. I jumped when I had a crumb 3 months ago. Amazingly I felt pretty decent except for being dizzy/boaty. Then month 2 the big waves came but doable. I made a previous plan to put in action when waves come. SO GLAD I did. I'm on month 3 now with Windows & waves are a little less intense but tough. You can do this!!!! You're almost there, if you're not sure when to jump then drop one more time. You're on such a low dose. That's what I did....dropped one more time.

The way I dealt with the nerves, I prevented myself from building up to it. I took my last dose not knowing for sure it was going to be my last dose. I did what LadyDen suggested because at 0.5mg I sort of wanted to jump but was not certain so I went to 0.25mg. I took it a handful of days and I realised I didn't feel different, so I said "OK, yesterday was the last dose, I am done". I didn't tell anyone for a couple of weeks. I was done and just pretending it was normal while being quite delighted and a bit apprehensive inside. It worked for me. I couldn't have stood it if I said "2 weeks from now is jumping day" and counted the days. It would have messed me up.

Exactly what I did. But I did tell my husband 1 week before that I was looking to jump on Father's Day

because I was wanting an easy day to remember. Plus it symbolized for me that my Heavenly Father is going to see me through this as he heals me. So Father's Day night I didn't take anything. I was distracted with celebrating the holiday. Did a night routine without watching the clock to take a pill. Rolled over to my CBT-I & off to sleep.it felt good not having the paradoxical reaction that night. I WAS ELATED THE NEXT MORNING! I celebrated all day quietly within.

You're very welcome  :thumbsup:

If you like games, on the accentuate the positive forum, there's several games going to keep us distracted. I have one on there called guess why. Please come over and join us