Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Is double vision a withdrawal symptom?

[He...]

I've had constant monocular diplopia (double vision in each eye separately) ever since my C/T three years ago, but I'm concerned because I can't find anyone else who is in withdrawal that experiences this as a withdrawal symptom. I have CONSTANT extremely dry eyes, that I'm concerned might have damaged my eyes and caused the double vision. Can anyone direct me to anyone in withdrawal who experiences this as a withdrawal symptom and had it improve?

I found this.  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=245064.msg3123969#msg3123969

I asked a question in your other thread, have you been tested for Graves eye disease, are the muscles behind your eyes enlarged making your eye's bulge?  I don't mean to scare you, my stepmom has this condition so that's why I'm asking.  Of course, yours could be withdrawal related, I don't know.

I found this.  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=245064.msg3123969#msg3123969

I asked a question in your other thread, have you been tested for Graves eye disease, are the muscles behind your eyes enlarged making your eye's bulge?  I don't mean to scare you, my stepmom has this condition so that's why I'm asking.  Of course, yours could be withdrawal related, I don't know.

Is graves eye disease treatable? Yes, I’ve had my thyroid tested before and it was within normal range

The disease is complicated, there is a new treatment just approved, it's an infusion therapy and very expensive with limited results.  Since your thyroid levels are good and you don't have bulging eyes, it's most likely not that. 

The disease is complicated, there is a new treatment just approved, it's an infusion therapy and very expensive with limited results.  Since your thyroid levels are good and you don't have bulging eyes, it's most likely not that.

Is chronic/constant dry eye a withdrawal symptom that people experience even ove three years out?