Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

A lifetime of benzo tolerance and withdrawal

[Da...]

I am 30 months benzo free.  I started 25 years ago at 18, quitting Librax cold turkey.  I ended 2 1/2 years ago on 30mg of Chinese Etizolam.  I went to 6 weeks of drug rehab where I was “tapered” in 30 days including a week involuntarily committed to a mental hospital.  I am in protracted withdrawal and having lots of muscle and tendon pain in my shoulders and elbows at the moment.

Hello DanielB!  Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

We're glad you joined us.  I'm so sorry you went through such a fast taper and a week in the hospital.  I'm sure it was rough.  Tapering from Benzos needs to be done slowly and carefully over many weeks if not months in order to minimize withdrawal symptoms.  But that isn't how it happens for many people.  Still, our systems have a remarkable ability to heal.  It can take way longer than we'd like but healing does happen. 

You'll find good information and support here from others who understand what this process is like.  It can make a world of difference to be among others who get it.

Please take your time to become familiar with the site.  Feel free to post with questions about your situation.  Here are a few links to help you get started: 

The Ashton Manual

Post-withdrawal Recovery Support 

Success Stories

It's helpful to other members to readily see where you are in your benzo journey so please create a signature.  Here's how. Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile.

We're glad you're here.  Please reach out for support.

Brighterday    :)