Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Experience with genetic test post jump

[Mi...]

Has anybody here ever tried a genetic test to see what medications might work better than others based on your genetic profile? I recently completed one and found that my current antidepressant (Prozac) and atypical (zyprexa) are likely metabolized too fast and I might as well be taking a placebo. Found out also that I’m hypersensitive to Ativan which explains withdrawal difficulties 

I have felt like my medication has been worthless for some time now so feels good to see that validated...now on to finding the right combo. Note I am not focused on being medication free as I have always needed something on board for my bipolar depression. Of course I curse the day 2 years ago that it was deemed daily use of Ativan would be a good addition to my “cocktail”

Has anybody here ever tried a genetic test to see what medications might work better than others based on your genetic profile? I recently completed one and found that my current antidepressant (Prozac) and atypical (zyprexa) are likely metabolized too fast and I might as well be taking a placebo. Found out also that I’m hypersensitive to Ativan which explains withdrawal difficulties 

I have felt like my medication has been worthless for some time now so feels good to see that validated...now on to finding the right combo. Note I am not focused on being medication free as I have always needed something on board for my bipolar depression. Of course I curse the day 2 years ago that it was deemed daily use of Ativan would be a good addition to my “cocktail”

No genetic test will tell you that.

I took the test last year. My psychiatrist had me try the ones that were supposed to be safe. Nothing worked. But I had the gastric bypass so most meds give me adverse reactions. I’ve been trying a half ass taper. Nothing is working. I had to change psychiatrists because she told me to just stop the lorazepam and she was positive that I’d have no withdrawals. I’ve been in hell for 1 month now. You’ve done better than me. Sending positive vibes your way. I’d like to know your progress.