Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Forgetting to breathe or manual breathing

[Co...]

What is this thing where some of us feel we are like going to forget to breathe or like we need to remind ourselves to like do it.  I can't explain it but if you have had it you know.  Does the ashton manual say anything about this?

I had this!  It was horrible, I thought I was losing my mind.  I am still in the tapering process , so this symptom still creeps in from time to time.

Hi,

Yes.. -Its common enough...

I worried about sleeping, but I have never noticed an issue asides with those half asleep toxic day time naps (when all bets are off on anything..).

Personally, I have had some issue with every body system that is both automatic AND can be “manually controlled”...

:)

Can someone tell me more about this?  I'm curious because I do a meditation which sometimes works....where I tell my body to breathe and relax on it's own instead of having to me having think about it and make it happen.  I notice that my breathing gets really erratic when I am not controlling it.  It's almost like long periods without a breath, followed by really rapid shallow breathing.  Like lamaze breathing at some times.  WTF.  My body does this on it's own.  I have no idea how or why this would happen, and after doing a deep internet dive on breathing, I concluded that it was just me. 

Oh my, I can't believe there is actually a name for it!! I seriously thought I was the only having this symptom. I have had so many of the symptoms.  I have been keeping track through a journal and on the week I dose down I immediately start with symptoms!  I just tell myself (regardless of how scary or life threatening it seems) that it is just a  symptom.  Recently I have had swelling in my chest area, it is immense pressure that I feel both in the front of my chest and in the back between the shoulder blades.  Two days ago I started with crazy joint point (wrists, knees, groin area).  The thinking of having to breath and holding the breath I think are part of anxiety, I don't know.  Never had it before starting on the alprazolam.  I just want to done already..