Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×

Advice on how To taper From this point

[Re...]

I am currently taking 71/2 v in am and 15 v pm.which is 22 1/2 Valium. Yesterday he cut me to 22mg. He said I could take 12mg in am and 10 at night since I have more anxiety during day. I didn’t think it was good to go up after tapering down or he said I could do vise versa 10 am and 12 at pm. When I was on 10 mg in am I was groggy all the time. I thought about staying at 7 1/2 in am and take rest at night. I need some help here! Thanks! I am stilll dealing with some anxiety now as it is.He did say I could take it anyway I want as long as it is 2 times a day.

[0e...]
Sounds like 7 1/2 isn't quite enough in the morning, but 10 is too much.  So maybe consider 8 or 8.5 in the morning.  That's a pretty small increase, but might get you thru the day a bit better.  The rest would be at night (for sleep, I assume).

[0e...]

You are tapering down.  22 mg from 22.5 mg.

I see no reason why you can't make an adjustment to your 'feeding schedule' if it helps you get thru the day more easily.  Sounds like your physician had a similar thought.  I'm sure there are other options such as improving your daytime coping skills.

Okay. I thought I had to keep going down in the am. I didn’t know you can updose in am .So it doesn’t matter where you make your changes as long as you are tapering down?

[0e...]
I think it's good to get and stay on some semblance of a schedule, but you also have to do what works for you.  Withdrawal is difficult enough.  If you can make it more tolerable for a while by tinkering with the schedule a little, then why not?

• Please Donate

Donations help fund our recurring webhosting and software licencing fees, and will aid the development of new withdrawal and taper utilities for our members.

Donate with PayPal button

• Popular Now