Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Is 4 mgs of temazepam too much to jump from?

[Cr...]

I've been tapering very slowly for 4 years. I started at 30 mgs of temazepam and I'm down to 4 mgs now (YAY!!!).  So suddenly the stand-in doctor who is covering for my doctor while she is away for a few months got twisted about my taper and started a ball rolling that ultimately culminated in my being told today that after my current liquid solution is gone they will only give me 6 more 30 mg capsules to finish my taper. I think I can do that ok but I am really so sick of the whole process that I wondered if 4 mgs is too much to jump from. For the last several months I have been reducing by 1/10th of a mg every 5 days and hanging in there well. If anyone has feedback it is much appreciated. Thanks, BBs

I know you're sick of tapering but if you have access to a few more pills, why not take advantage of this and jump at a lower dose?  The Valium equivalent of your dose would be about 2 mgs and Professor Ashton suggested jumping at 1 mg.  It's up to you of course but if it were me, I'd go for a lower dose and hopefully a smoother landing. 

I can see though why you might not want to switch from liquid to pills, it's going to be a hassle with in-approximate dosage reductions.  :(

Thank you both for replying. I am going to go as far as I can before jumping. It's weird how the desire to be done has gotten more intense the closer I am to the end. At least this happened near the end and not sooner. Something to be grateful for.

If I can be of any support I am here!

Thank you both for replying. I am going to go as far as I can before jumping. It's weird how the desire to be done has gotten more intense the closer I am to the end. At least this happened near the end and not sooner. Something to be grateful for.

If I can be of any support I am here!

Same thing here. I'm close to the end - at .75 mg tapering to .5 mg - and I just want to be finished.  :thumbsup: